Chinese New Year 12s

Lazy colorway just Taxi with 3m. Smh no creativity these days from JB
Thats all its meant to be.........a Taxi but with 3M.

I dont know where people got their expectations of the brand from, but they seem to be extremely high, especially for a brand thats been consistent with their approach, to be honest.

And then when Jordan Brand does think outside the box, everyone's hates it, complains, and begs for retros of OG pairs SMH...

Nah jays are dead on resell bro, look at psny over a year now and those were limited price is not that high
I kinda agree, seeing things first hand here in Australia. A lot of people still copping Jordans but find that they can't resell, even for retail sometimes. This will eventually lead many to stop copping. Because there's a new release every week, people who miss out don't have time to chase the kicks they missed out on as the next best thing is only 7 days away and so they go chasing that one.

On the other hand, I see a lot of people chasing Ultraboosts and NMDs (god knows why) but I think the fact that they aren't releasing a new cw every week helps build the hype and secondary market.

I was only given the 45 shipping option with a price tag of 280....I don't like them that much.

Weak. I only saw the $45 shipping until I scrolled further down. But maybe they've changed it? Sucks that raised the price on certain sizes. They are a reselling company so it would only make sense for them.

And then when Jordan Brand does think outside the box, everyone's hates it, complains, and begs for retros of OG pairs SMH...
Right. Like damn man, besides releasing more than they used to, nothing has EVER changed.......ever. New Jordan's have great quality while retro aren't the same as the original. Same formula, different but similar materials. Get over it and buy what you want or don't buy at all. Move to adidas and the boost shoes or something.

And people complain about JB releasing the same shoes over and over........SOMEBODY tell me the last saucony, new balance or asics shoe that was a big seller and was a NEW style? They make the same model over and over and over with different colors or collaborations and nobody complains a bit.

Adidas just releases the same white sole, over and over, but spread out.

NMDs OG went from $700 resell to $300 and below with the re-release.

At the end of the day...BUY what YOU like.

At the end of the day...BUY what YOU like.
Agree, this is a good mantra to live by, but people only seem to learn this after being in the hype game for a while. When people first enter the sneaker world, they get carried away by what everyone else is chasing and wearing, they are like sheep, wanting something because other people want it. I find it hilarious when people post photos of their new Yeezys/Ultraboosts/NMDs and get asked "why do you like them" then they reply "because it's comfortable" lol. I mean, just admit it, you bought it because everyone wanted it. If you wanted comfort you'd go for Asics.

Agree, this is a good mantra to live by, but people only seem to learn this after being in the hype game for a while. When people first enter the sneaker world, they get carried away by what everyone else is chasing and wearing, they are like sheep, wanting something because other people want it. I find it hilarious when people post photos of their new Yeezys/Ultraboosts/NMDs and get asked "why do you like them" then they reply "because it's comfortable" lol. I mean, just admit it, you bought it because everyone wanted it. If you wanted comfort you'd go for Asics.
This.

a lot of people, like the owner of Urban Necessities, says the consumer wants comfort. 
roll.gif

But only mentions Adidas, never Asics, never New Balance, never Brooks even 
laugh.gif

Comfort has a place in every shoe brand.

Last edited:
And people complain about JB releasing the same shoes over and over........SOMEBODY tell me the last saucony, new balance or asics shoe that was a big seller and was a NEW style? They make the same model over and over and over with different colors or collaborations and nobody complains a bit.

I wish I could rep this more than once. The particular criticism you're pointing out is especially ridiculous considering that even if you stick to JB models 1-14, that is still 14 very different models. New Balance has like what? 6 models or something like that? And the silhouettes are very similar. 1500s aren't any different from 1600s.

Back
Top Bottom