Chinese Sneakers and the Culture

Capture.JPG

I've read an article that says sneakers are very popular in China nowadays. I think the game has changed now not like before when Chinese don't care about sneakers.

Also I've read that big chinese investors are into the game now. Also those Chinese are the ones who always make the price all the way up that it shouldn't be. Most of them are into reselling rather than collecting.

Chinese sneakerheads community has become bigger now. Also, the Chinese Investors move big they've been buying pairs all around the world and those investors are well-financed.

The market is becoming polarized as increasing numbers of young Chinese people and professional speculators jump on the sneaker bandwagon.

What are your thoughts about the Chinese in the sneaker culture? and how does it affect the growth of the sneaker community?

When you read it in the news, then you know it's old information.

China has been big on sneakers just like the the rest of the basketball world. I remember backpacking in Shanghai in 2014, the frenzy for the Kobe Prelude Pack was just the same as in North America. It is safe to say that the hype went mainstream after the 2011 concord release.

It's always the Chinese college kids around here driving the AMGs and M3s over here that has the most heat.

Back
Top Bottom