***--- Chris Brown Being Blackballed? ---***

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Rhianna was never da big seller that people claimed she was.
word.
Jay stays hyping the people he signed
Rihanna and Jeezy suck, but he got them LOTS of big projects.
jeezy with kanye, jeezy with rihanna just to make it seem like he discovered major artists
laugh.gif

^Rihanna has always been a singles artist. People only buy whole albums for artists they believe in. That's the reason MJB can consistently move 600K infirst week sales well over 15 years into her career. It's why Maxwell can be gone for 8-9 years and still sell 300K his first week.

Rihanna's fans believe in her hit singles, which is why she's tied with Beyonce for most number 1's this decade. Her albums have never sold big,with the exception of her last album just because Umbrella was a super smash record. Without a hit single before the release, it was pretty much guaranteedher 1st week sales would be average. Nobody actually looks at Rihanna as an artist
laugh.gif

That being said, Good Girl Gone Bad sold more worldwide than ALL of Chris Brown's albums combined worldwide... so lets be real here. She is still a majorartist...and a lot bigger than Chris has ever been during his career thus far.

I feel what alor of yall saying...BUT

pertaining to the Jetskiing photos and other fun-having times....

Why can't Chris Brown be who he is? He has a hobby of Jetskiing. (i dont know that for sure
grin.gif
) and EVERYONE knows he a fun loving young man.

So he has to mope and sob around because of the unexcusable action he did? get outta here with that NT.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

word.
jeezy with kanye, jeezy with rihanna just to make it seem like he discovered major artists
laugh.gif

Jay-Z did not sign Rihanna or Young Jeezy, bro.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

word.
laugh.gif
he has brought them up in interviews
I think he sees them as artists that were developed as he was CEO, but I've seen him take credit for their success.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

On a side-note, I do believe he needed to lay low for a little while longer...just not long enough to make himself irrelevant. Jet-sking in Miami, that Michael Jackson-like Youtube apology, and the Larry King interview...all things that prob shouldn't have happen.
Exactly what I been saying since it happened. He should've layed extra low for a good amount of time and then come back on the humble. Dude seems more like he was waiting out the storm than trying to really fall back and re-evaluate, and it seems like everyone has seen clear through him. All the women I know were shaking their heads at that Larry King interview. Don't think anyone, including myself, really feels like he is sorry.
QFT

Man...reading some of the comments in this post are sickening. We got grown %#@ men in here gossiping like school girls, rumors, the whole nine.
grin.gif

First of all, Jay is not responsible for Chris having low sales. Let's be serious here...Jay could care LESS about a Chris Brown. Ever since the gossip mill went around claiming that Jay had Chris Brown removed from the MJ tribute (which was confirmed to be false), people have been running on and on with this. Let it go. What's so hard to understand? Chris brought this on HIMSELF. If managers at stores are hiding the discs in the back of stores and not putting them on display, it's because people are still irritated by Chris, and quite honestly, I don't blame them.

There is a distinct difference between doing something wrong and manning up and making amends for it and learning a lesson, and what Chris actually did. He beat her %#@... I wasn't there, I don't know what happened so I won't pass judgement. He could have really just blacked out and lost his mind as the police report and all the evidence suggests, or Rihanna could have given him something and he just lost it, as the gossip suggests. Either way, I wasn't there for that, so I could care less. The issue at hand is simply that the kid doesn't give a flying @*@! either way
laugh.gif
. He's jetskiing without a care in the world right after the incident. He releases teleprompter youtube videos that are laughable. He then releases more videos against "all the haters." He follows this up with one of the worst TV interviews in recent memory on Larry King Live, where he made himself look ridiculous and unremorseful on a national platform. Then he creates an album which he releases 8 months after the incident... an album in which he spent some time painting this picture of himself in which he's the victim. Go listen to the CD
laugh.gif
. He had the nerve to complain about doing photoshoots when he's not in the mood to smile, and how hard it is on him to perform in front of his fans cause he's so damaged. Not to mention the fact that he went on twitter cussing out the music industry and ranting like a baby that his album is being blackballed.

Clearly... Chris feels he is entitled to his lifestyle and he's entitled to his career and selling out shows and going platinum. He "deserves it." Hell no... no entertainer deserves it. Being an entertainer is not a right, it's a privilege. You earn the right to have fans love you... it's not just given. He's not grateful for anything, and his cockiness in how he has carried himself is why people aren't responding to him right now. Not only did he NOT do jail time, he only got parole and community service, and a second chance at a career. If he was grateful for this and had even an ounce of humility at all, he would have chilled out and regrouped while worked on his album to release next year. Instead, he immediately shoves an album down people's throats and cries foul when no one wants to buy it.
indifferent.gif

Chris has talent, so he'll have his chances to bounce back... but he has to earn back his fans, and he needs to learn from the situation. From his recent actions, as well as some of his lyrical content, you can tell he has learned absolutely nothing from this. And all the blind support based on herpes rumors is ignorant and it only enables him and his behavior.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I mentioned in a thread about the Rihanna interview how I was shocked that most people would rather
formulate some defense against what was purely speculation and rumor (rihanna starting the altercation, herpes etc.), rather than support that which they hadactual visual proof of.

Every single interviewer he's sat down with has questioned his sincerity, and whether or not he really understands the situtation he's in.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I'm saying though why should this guy get symphony...
He says a couple of apologizes...waits 8 months and drops a album...and everyone should love him again...
N please...
Well he would probably be better off in jail for the rest of his life or just kill himself...

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I'm saying though why should this guy get symphony...
He says a couple of apologizes...waits 8 months and drops a album...and everyone should love him again...
N please...
Well he would probably be better off in jail for the rest of his life or just kill himself...
2vuyoaw.jpg

Just playin g
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

word.
laugh.gif

He did sign Rihanna.

[h1]Chris Brown kills Twitter account after claim of album 'blackballing'[/h1]
By Mallory Simon, CNN

December 14, 2009 7:21 p.m. EST

t1larg.chris.brown.file.gi.jpg

Chris Brown thanked his fans "for all the support" before his account on Twitter was deleted.

(CNN) -- Days after Chris Brown took to his Twitter page accusing stores of "blackballing" his new album, "Graffiti," the singer's account was deleted after he left a final message to his fans.

"I WANNA THANK MY FANS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT," said Brown's final tweet, posted Monday afternoon. "I LOVE YALL. GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Over the weekend, Brown went on a tirade after he visited a Wal-Mart store in Connecticut and didn't see his album on shelves.

"The didnt even have my album in the back ... not on shelves, saw for myself," he tweeted.

Brown said he spoke to the manager, who had no answers.

"the manager told me that when there are new releases its mandatory to put em on the shelves. BUT NO SIGN OF #GRAFFITI. BS," he tweeted.

He continued to say that Alicia Keys' new album was stocked and ready for release, though it wasn't due out until Tuesday.

Fans began instantly replying with unverified stories about their attempts to buy Brown's CD. The singer began retweeting, or forwarding the tweets out, some of which claimed when fans asked when the shelves would be restocked they were told "never," and allegations that managers said they didn't support "woman-beaters."

News of his outrage spread quickly and many media outlets began reporting on his complaints.

Brown began using Twitter as a way to connect to his fans after he pleaded guilty and was sentenced for beating his then-girlfriend Rihanna.

Whether it was an attempt to garner favorable public relations in the wake of an image-shattering event or just a late adaptation to the microblogging craze, Brown had spent the months after the incident using his Twitter account to reach and connect with 172,366 followers.

He tweeted regularly thanking his fans for their continued support and sounding off after concerts.

It was unclear what specifically sparked Brown to delete his account, named "mechanicaldummy," He had started the day with a normal "good morning" message to his fans.

I really want to know what it's going to take in this Holier than thou America that we live in now.

Since it doesn't count if you apologize or if you do whatever time the judge gets you (jail, probation and community service).

Jay also has a much bigger role in the recession and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict than people think too...

There's a youtube out there about it somewhere...

Originally Posted by All Ready

he blackballed his own career, it's entirely his fault

just exactly what did he expect?

and I had no idea jay could call every retail store in america, that's pretty amazing

apparently jay has the powers of santa but uses it for evil

now you're on the right track..
grin.gif

He said he wouldn't retract it and the deleted his twitter, so now it doesn't even matter what he said...

clearly he's just a dumb#%! and doesn't want people to forget it.

If you have Rihanna and manage to mess that up...well then you're just spoiled

CB never really gave a !%#! after the situation and it shows...dude was still out in public having fun and @#@*...when you're a celebrity, you'resupposed to play it the right way...look at Ye...ain't nobody even seen dude since the Taylor Swift incident

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Was Chris Brown really selling records like that before the incident?
well he went dbl plat and damn near a second time so i'd say yea he sold before....it was too soon for the album without enough media whorringfor him in a positive light...shoulda waited till next summer

Back
Top Bottom