Chris Paul vs. Carmelo Anthony: Who is the current face of the JB Franchise?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I been away from the message boards for a while now. Just wanted to know your opinions on the "current face ofthe JB franchise". Theres many excellent players that he has on his brand, Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Rip Hamilton, Ray Allen, Josh Howard, and many morenames to list. From a basketball perspective, Michael Jordan played basketball, therefore the "new face of his franchise" must be a basketballplayer. Terrell Owens and Derek Jeter are awesome players, but I dont think they qualify as THE face of his franchise. I believe that over the past fewyears, two names stick out like a sore thumb as candidates as "the new face of the JB franchise". These two names are Chris Paul and CarmeloAnthony. As of the moment, I believe Melo has been in the front running for this position for the last 3 or 4 years. JB has promoted him big time, giving himcolorways from his prestigous line, (ie Melo XII's and Melo II's) along with his own shoe. Personally, I believe this sounds about right, due to thefact that Carmelo Anthony is one of the best players in the league. It seems though, that his playoff record, especially in a stacked western conference isbeginning to tarnish his image. He also has help now from the Answer, and still theyre not considered "an elite team" in the west. Chris Paul onthe other hand, has been growing in popularity, especially this season. Leading the Hornets to one of the best records in the west, and also being the shiningstar on his team has definitely drawn attention to him. I watched him last year, and he is growing to be my favorite basketball player in the league. He canthrow alley oops to my 90 year old grandma if he had to, and he can score inside and outside. I'm extremely infatuated with Jordan sneakers, but I'mgoing to be honest when I say that I'm extremely biased to Michael Jordan's exclusive line (his shoes...I to XXIII) For years I have neglected otherreleases like Melo's or any of the team Jordans released. Thats starting to change though because of my respect for Chris Paul. Due to the fact that heis so good, I give his shoes a harder look than Melo's or Team Jordans. With Melo, I kind of brushed him aside whenever his sneakers released. Who do youguys think will be the "face of the JB franchise" in the next 2 or 3 years? I think Chris Paul is going to overtake Melo in popularity, and hisshoes will sell way better than melos. VS.
who ya got?

i may be in the minority but i think that melo will be the future even though his shoes arent that nice but neither are cp's

Would you guys say CP3 if the Hornets werent a contender?

Would Melo seal his face as the franchise if he wins a championship before Chris Paul?

Just speculation.

Are you guys serious?

CP3 hasn't been "winning games" long enough to have surpassed Melo in the ranks at JB. One season, and not even a complete one, and CP3 is thecurrent face of the brand? I think not.

Well now of course it would be Melo, just because of his immediate hype and his tenure with the company, but he has in my opinion fallen below expectations andis seeming to be at his peak...so with that said Chris Paul is more of a face because of his situation, even though A.I. is like 35 he still steals alot of theattention of the Nuggets and Melo and its deserving he is like the 3 or 4 leading scorer in the NBA, so if Melo dosent shape up by the middle of next year itwill definetly be CP3

chris paul from a player standpoint, imo the melo products > cp3 (the shoe)
although i am a huge nuggets fan melo is not the player to count on during the playoffs, imo he is not type of player. however, if they put some nice piecesaround cp3 i believe he will have a shot at the title during his still- young career.

CP hasn't really made breaking grounds yet so it will be hard. At least MELO has been on team USA and $@$%. I see CP as the FUTURE, but right now MELO isth established player/icon. Well actually both haven't really made anything big 'yet'. JB never focused on 1 particular player anyhow.

im gonna say MELO..... CP WILL be the face of the franchise in a few years... but MELO got it now....

I'm going to put my money on C-3PO, just because Melo had enough time to rise to a certain point in being a prominent figure in the Brand and I don'tsee him at that level right now.

In other words, I feel as though Melo has failed in becoming one of the main faces of the Brand. I get the sense that JB is shoving him down our throats justbecause they have most of their chips riding on him.

I don't feel that he is as marketable as someone like Kobe, LeBron, or even Chris Paul.

^^^C-3PO....
laugh.gif
. Don't know if u were joking or not but it wuz funnyregardless.

Melo is the current face of the brand. Why? Because he's been involved in the industry for a longer period of time. HOWEVER, I think CP3 will take thethrone in as soon as a year even. Put simply, he's great. He's shown a thicker skin than Melo has this season. And I think that he'll show morestripes as his career goes on. Melo, as for now, has AI and is still struggling to stay in playoff contention. CP3 is a man alone......almost, who in allhonesty, is keeping his team within the top 4 in the western conference. A very tough conference as of the lastest trades might I add. And without him, theHornets will NOT be where they are with him. They'd probably somewhere around where Denver is at NOW inthe standings...maybe lower. Regardless, my respect and hopes of the future face of JB goes to CP3. Can't wait till they play my Lakers in a few shortgames.
happy.gif

I went to Syracuse, and i still have to go with CP3.

Homie is contending for MVP! Melo can't even make all star teams........

right now, i have to say melo.
he's had more shoes come out, and the cp3's are not pleasing to the eye in any way. i'd pick melo's eggplants over the new cp3s anyday.

Melo definitely. I just don't see a point guard being the face of the brand. I mean Chris Paul scores but he would rather get his team involved. I look atthe face of the brand being a player with more of Jordan's style. Not saying Melo is even near Jordan's greatness but he is behind Kobe and Lebron thepurest scorer in the game today.

Back
Top Bottom