Chris Paul vs. Carmelo Anthony: Who is the current face of the JB Franchise?

wow, if i had to make a choice i'd say melo. but IMO eventhough he doesn't have a sig shoe it's ray allen. but i guess he's more under theradar than those two.

Melo now 4 sure...but in a couple years...CP3 or even joe johnson(he's got mad game with a +@+%%$ team).

Melo was brought in as the new face of JB, how CP3 gon come in one year and overtake that?

As of right now and for the near future, the answer is Melo.

If you determine this based on heart and passion, then it has to go to CP...He just needs to take a small market team deep into the western Conference palyoffsto help people believe...if what hes done already isn't enough

Melo might not even make the playoffs with the great supporting cast he has which is a testament to the fact that he doesn't have enough heart andmotivation anymore for whatever reason....

The Jordan image should be associated with dominance...so really only 1 athlete right now fits that mold CP...IMO
grin.gif

IMO i think it comes down to if u like hood cats "Melo" or positive cats "CP3"..now me growin up i been around both types..and can relateto both types...but imma have to go wit big Melo on dis 1...cant really choice..thats why i think MJ has both as the face of his brand to reach out to alltypes of people ..

CP3 will be soon. Melo I think has been a disappointment. He is good, don't get me wrong, but not as good as many were hoping. He is improving though. CP3is amazing. He might not score as much as Melo, but he is a fantastic player and he is making his team win, with a lot less talent than Melo's team. Hemight not be the face right now since he has just barely gotten his first sig shoe, but he will be soon if Melo does not start doing better. And if CP3 seesany playoff success then Melo is really in trouble. The way I see it is Melo had a 3 year head start and has already been surpassed in performance, now we justhave to wait for the masses to notice. I say 3 year head start because coming into the NBA Melo was highly praised. CP3 was good but a little more under theradar. So to me his first year he wasnt even as noticed as he should have been. Whereas Melo was being watched from day one.

ill take melo for 3000 i kno hes the face of JB his PEs r dougie but his sigs arent all that neither r CP3s

Melo>CP3

da face of JB is jordan because its still called JORDAN brand ... air jordans out sell cp3s and melos and every1 knos dats a fact air jordans will outsellboth their sneakers for another 10 years because of the legacy he left in his sneakers ... mj had more awards in his first 5 seasons den melo and cp3 have puttogether each AJ sells more den both put together

Originally Posted by Ras Clot 89

Are you guys serious?

CP3 hasn't been "winning games" long enough to have surpassed Melo in the ranks at JB. One season, and not even a complete one, and CP3 is the current face of the brand? I think not.

very good point, exactly what i was going to say. There are a lot of ppl out there that dont even know that chris paul even wears jordans...melos still theface imo

I think its CP. I think Melo's rep took a big hit last year when he got in that fight. I dont think that fits in well with the JB image.

Shoes wise, it has to be melo. His shoes have consistently been the best for their price and maybe even period year in and year out. They perform amazingly onthe court and seem to have a highly inovative design with each edition. I haven't played in the cp3's yet, but aesthetically I don't think therereally all that.

Based on their games I would have to take melo again. He has grown year after year and would average a whole lot more points if Iverson didn't take up somany shots, look at his shoopting percentage. If whatch the nuggets on a nightly basis you would see that it isn't carmelo's fault they aren'tdoing better in the standings. He relentlessly attacks the whole and gets no foul calls. The team as a whole just doesn't get up for teams that areinferior to them, and they still have the best record any nuggets team has had in 20 years. Honestly, if the nuggets and hornets played in a playoffseries who do you think would win? And don't forget Anthony is the best international player in the world. I know I am biased (look at the avi)but I've met Chris Paul and think he's a really great guy and I love to whatch him play, but when it comes down to it melo is the better of the two,and probably more marketable as well.

Back
Top Bottom