Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

Chappelle Show was bigger for the Comedic landscape than Chris Rock's show..

Probably the greatest sketch comedy show of all time...

In terms of stand up, it is closer... But I give the edge to Chappelle... Here is why. Chappelle has been out of the limelight for years.. And if he came back tomorrow he'd be the most relevant comic.. He is still very relevant even with doing almost less than nothing...

But at the end of the day it is all a matter of opinion..

But something we could all agree with is..... Dave Chappelle needs to come back......

In terms of stand up, it is closer... But I give the edge to Chappelle... Here is why. Chappelle has been out of the limelight for years.. And if he came back tomorrow he'd be the most relevant comic.. He is still very relevant even with doing almost less than nothing...

But something we could all agree with is..... Dave Chappelle needs to come back......

Best black comedian?

Damn for me Jamie, Eddie, Dave, Rock,

The only one of the "Kings of Comedy" that holds any weight to them IMO is Bernie or Cedric... and Cedric has come pretty correct with his last two specials.

Best black comedian?

Damn for me Jamie, Eddie, Dave, Rock,

The only one of the "Kings of Comedy" that holds any weight to them IMO is Bernie or Cedric... and Cedric has come pretty correct with his last two specials.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Chris isn't just funny, he's a genius and real. His jokes are about what's going on in the world, life, and pop culture whereas other comedians just talk about random things. Not only is he able to make them funny, he's somehow able to make you think and is completely on point about everything he says. Sure, there may be other comedians that are just as funny or even funnier than Chris Rock, but which other ones would talk about politics, raising a family, coming up with money for school, getting a job, etc.? My favorite comedian, ever. Yes, even over Pryor.

this is why i like rock...his voice is annoying but the stuff he's say cant be denied...

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Chris isn't just funny, he's a genius and real. His jokes are about what's going on in the world, life, and pop culture whereas other comedians just talk about random things. Not only is he able to make them funny, he's somehow able to make you think and is completely on point about everything he says. Sure, there may be other comedians that are just as funny or even funnier than Chris Rock, but which other ones would talk about politics, raising a family, coming up with money for school, getting a job, etc.? My favorite comedian, ever. Yes, even over Pryor.

this is why i like rock...his voice is annoying but the stuff he's say cant be denied...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Chappelle gets the advantage on TV show. Stand up is pretty dead even. But the deal breaker between Chris Rock and other Comedians is the movies. Like his material its not that its funny its about how REAL it is. He is a legitimate actor CB4 was good, I Think I Love My Wife good, New Jack City (small role, i guess) good. His success is amazing for any black comedian he is able to compete with the Adam Sandlers and the Jim Careys. Chappelle would never be able to compete with those guys. Pyror and Murphy yeah more than likely but Chappelle no.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Chappelle gets the advantage on TV show. Stand up is pretty dead even. But the deal breaker between Chris Rock and other Comedians is the movies. Like his material its not that its funny its about how REAL it is. He is a legitimate actor CB4 was good, I Think I Love My Wife good, New Jack City (small role, i guess) good. His success is amazing for any black comedian he is able to compete with the Adam Sandlers and the Jim Careys. Chappelle would never be able to compete with those guys. Pyror and Murphy yeah more than likely but Chappelle no.

Uh no jamie foxx. Shun aint funny at all. Mad elton john ImO

I'd say Dave Chappelle, Chirs Rock(HE MADE POOTIE TANG), Redd Foxx, Eddie, And Pryor. Bernie Mac is on my list too shun

Uh no jamie foxx. Shun aint funny at all. Mad elton john ImO

I'd say Dave Chappelle, Chirs Rock(HE MADE POOTIE TANG), Redd Foxx, Eddie, And Pryor. Bernie Mac is on my list too shun

I might be showing my age here but I'm going with Eddie on this one. Chris Rock aint been funny since I'm Gonna Get You Sucka!

I might be showing my age here but I'm going with Eddie on this one. Chris Rock aint been funny since I'm Gonna Get You Sucka!

CR is funny but I find dude to be a bit annoying at times.

I loved his bit about "black people vs $%##!@" because its hilarious yet true but when it comes to black comedians of "our time" I feel Murphy, Lawrence and Chappelle are better.

Pryor is the father of them all so I dont consider him to be in the same era.

Back
Top Bottom