Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

Chris Rock's older stand ups (ie. Bring the Pain) were WAYYYYY funnier than his most recent ones (Kill The Messenger, Never Scared) but he's still appreciated none the less.

Chappelle gets the edge because of his TV show. Chris Rock's comedy never translated well into movies IMO, real corny in films.

Funniest Chris Rock joke was the black people vs N's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Chris isn't just funny, he's a genius and real. His jokes are about what's going on in the world, life, and pop culture whereas other comedians just talk about random things. Not only is he able to make them funny, he's somehow able to make you think and is completely on point about everything he says. Sure, there may be other comedians that are just as funny or even funnier than Chris Rock, but which other ones would talk about politics, raising a family, coming up with money for school, getting a job, etc.? My favorite comedian, ever. Yes, even over Pryor.

Chris isn't just funny, he's a genius and real. His jokes are about what's going on in the world, life, and pop culture whereas other comedians just talk about random things. Not only is he able to make them funny, he's somehow able to make you think and is completely on point about everything he says. Sure, there may be other comedians that are just as funny or even funnier than Chris Rock, but which other ones would talk about politics, raising a family, coming up with money for school, getting a job, etc.? My favorite comedian, ever. Yes, even over Pryor.

BerneyMac.jpg

Bernie Mac > Chapelle, Rock, etc.

Only 2 people in my mind that are funnier than Mac were Foxx and Pryor. Mac is the best black comedian of our generation hands down IMO.

/thread.

BerneyMac.jpg

Bernie Mac > Chapelle, Rock, etc.

Only 2 people in my mind that are funnier than Mac were Foxx and Pryor. Mac is the best black comedian of our generation hands down IMO.

/thread.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

THIS.

Not to mention, hes on the only black comedian in America who can tell white people about themselves, the reason they gravitate towards them is that he gives them a black perspective as opposed to DC and countless other comedians who just imitates a white guy. If you're from Brooklyn, I dont know how you cannot put Rock as your top 3. BTW, Eddie Murphy hasnt done stand up in like 20 years,his last hit comedy was like Nutty Professor which was in 2000,  so where do hell do some of you come off?

THIS.

Not to mention, hes on the only black comedian in America who can tell white people about themselves, the reason they gravitate towards them is that he gives them a black perspective as opposed to DC and countless other comedians who just imitates a white guy. If you're from Brooklyn, I dont know how you cannot put Rock as your top 3. BTW, Eddie Murphy hasnt done stand up in like 20 years,his last hit comedy was like Nutty Professor which was in 2000,  so where do hell do some of you come off?

Originally Posted by gambit215

THIS.

Word people dont understand Rock just doesnt do good stand up he does movies, had his own tv show, AND was on SNL. Chappelles few movie attempts were just eh. His movie roles have been good but no where the depth of Chris Rock in I Think I Love My wife.

THIS.

Word people dont understand Rock just doesnt do good stand up he does movies, had his own tv show, AND was on SNL. Chappelles few movie attempts were just eh. His movie roles have been good but no where the depth of Chris Rock in I Think I Love My wife.

eddie murphy ran the 80's
chris rock ran the 90's
chappelle 2000s- til he went away
now i see kevin hart emerging as the next guy

eddie murphy ran the 80's
chris rock ran the 90's
chappelle 2000s- til he went away
now i see kevin hart emerging as the next guy

THIS.

I get your point but Michael Jordan hasnt scored a basket since 2003 and hes still the best basketball player of my generation. Michael Jacksons last #1 hit song was in 95 and hes still the king of pop. I guess my point is that your past successes just dont disappear. 

THIS.

I get your point but Michael Jordan hasnt scored a basket since 2003 and hes still the best basketball player of my generation. Michael Jacksons last #1 hit song was in 95 and hes still the king of pop. I guess my point is that your past successes just dont disappear. 

Back
Top Bottom