Christopher Nolans INTERSTELLAR (Nov 7, 2014) - Run Time = 2hrs 49mins

Just read a few reviews on the theatre that I'll be seeing it at. Seems like the domed screen and sound system are both top notch, some people even reported getting motion sickness because of how immersed you are :lol:. It was built in 1990 though, and hasn't had any renovations to make it more "modernized". Everyone says the seats are horrible. No leg/arm room, no padding, and you have to crane your neck. For a 2:45 movie I'm not sure that's a good sign :lol:. Guess I'll have to tough it out. Gotta see this movie in legit IMAX.

Last edited:
Friend of mine is ordering us 70mm tix tomorrow for an early November showing.

Body is ready.

I've been so hyped for this movie, really ever since there was no info on iMDb except for the title and Nolan's director credit.

I've purposely kept myself in the dark about what Interstellar is about. I've only watched the very very first teaser trailer and i immediately change the channel when an Interstellar commercial comes on.

I reserved my 70mm IMAX tickets for opening night in dead center of the theater. Lord my body is beyond ready.

oh and Age of Ultron trailer might be attached to this, LAAWWWWD

Nov 8th tickets bought

200x200px-ZC-66faa1b4_mcconaughey-dazed-and-confused-creepy-alright-alright-alright-o.gif

I am so pumped for this movie. Chris Nolan is the only legit director who knows how to use the beauty of 70mm film. Got my tix reserved, it's too bad I can't reserve seating though.

I am so pumped for this movie. Chris Nolan is the only legit director who knows how to use the beauty of 70mm film. Got my tix reserved, it's too bad I can't reserve seating though.
Yeah I couldn't reserve my seats either. The theatre that I'm going to also doesn't open up until a few mins before the movie is scheduled to start (at least that's how it's been for past releases, according to reviews) so I guess it's gonna be a mad dash to the good seats :lol:. I've read that the top few rows, middle of the row is the place to sit for 70mm IMAX movies? I'm usually a middle/middle guy.

Last edited:
I've read that the top few rows, middle of the row is the place to sit for 70mm IMAX movies? I'm usually a middle/middle guy.
Yes. I use to go to the Ontario Mills IMAX theater when I lived in SoCal and sitting in the center is not recommended. I literally had to turn my head side to side to catch some of the more intense action scenes. I normally sit on the last or second to last row.

As great as I expect the visuals to be, I'm really excited about the sound. Even during the trailer during GotG (IMAX), the sound really got my heart pumping (as corny as that sounds).

Have no idea what the "Oculus Rift DK2" is, but would this be worth going to?

Experience Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar in Immersive Oculus Rift Experience
View media item 1209268
In a rather unique way to promote the upcoming film, Paramount Pictures has partnered with IMAX on a first-of-its-kind Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2) experience for Christopher Nolan’s highly-anticipated Interstellar. The Oculus Rift DK2 traveling exhibit gives fans a virtual first look at the new film through an immersive experience at select AMC Theatre locations featuring IMAX screens.

The tour kicks off in New York, with stops in Houston and Los Angeles, before landing at the Air and Space Museum’s Udvar-Hazy Center. Users in these cities will be able to sit down, strap in, and travel in the film’s Endurance spacecraft in zero gravity with a custom Oculus Rift DK2.

The exhibit will be open from 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. local time at the following locations:

New York - AMC Lincoln Square 13 – October 6 – 8
Houston – AMC Gulf Pointe 30 – October 17 – 19
Los Angeles – AMC City Walk – October 25 – 27
Chantilly, VA – Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center – November 5 –19

Guests of participating AMC Theatres can experience the exhibit free of charge on a first come-first served basis.

View media item 1209262
View media item 1209263
View media item 1209264

I've read that the top few rows, middle of the row is the place to sit for 70mm IMAX movies? I'm usually a middle/middle guy.
Yes. I use to go to the Ontario Mills IMAX theater when I lived in SoCal and sitting in the center is not recommended. I literally had to turn my head side to side to catch some of the more intense action scenes. I normally sit on the last or second to last row.

As great as I expect the visuals to be, I'm really excited about the sound. Even during the trailer during GotG (IMAX), the sound really got my heart pumping (as corny as that sounds).

thats where i plan to watch it at :smokin

I'm probably going to try watching it on 35mm in Houston then (based on how epic it is) drive to Austin on the weekend to catch it on 70mm IMAX. After the TDKR debacle, I've really lessened my expectations, but the one clip that was released on SHH had me pulled in.. and it just McConaughey talking to a school teacher. :lol:

Just read a few reviews on the theatre that I'll be seeing it at. Seems like the domed screen and sound system are both top notch, some people even reported getting motion sickness because of how immersed you are
laugh.gif
. It was built in 1990 though, and hasn't had any renovations to make it more "modernized". Everyone says the seats are horrible. No leg/arm room, no padding, and you have to crane your neck. For a 2:45 movie I'm not sure that's a good sign
laugh.gif
. Guess I'll have to tough it out. Gotta see this movie in legit IMAX.
OMNIMAX aka the IMAX Dome. I watched the Dark Knights Rises in OMNIMAX. You'll get used to it after about 20 minutes or so.

How early do you guys get to the showing? Wana see 70mm don't want crappy seats... Better to sit far away?

Last edited:
How early do you guys get to the showing? Wana see 70mm don't want crappy seats... Better to sit far away?
I've read that it's best to sit in the top few rows, in the middle of the row. I wanna get there early to get good seats, but not to the point where we gotta sit there for an hour before the movie. I know some of these film geeks will be there bright and early though :lol:.

Last edited:

kinda hard for me to gauge as mine is on tuesday at 8pm, I dont want to come like 3 hours early, I feel like people will only camp out for the midnight showings, there is a 1140pm showing after mine and i fully expect a line as i exit the theatre. I'll arrive around 6 but will grab a bite to eat as the theatre is surrounded by some places to grub and just go in maybe 90-60 mins before showtime.

Back
Top Bottom