Claire Huxtable / Phylicia Rashad Appreciation Post

wavy bone

Banned
Named Best TV Mom of all time on 20/20 last night.

I can't express enough how bad Claire was to me growing up. Til this day as a 26 year old man...she is still the quintessential black woman in my eyes. Whoever I choose to mate with and marry in the future...has to be as close to Claire Huxtable as possible. Strong, educated, sexy...she had it all.

In this stripper crazed, sex tape socialite obsessed society driven by pop culture...give me Claire Hux 10/10 over these plastic, superficial bops out here today that everyone thirsts over.

Claire_huxtable.jpg

claire-huxtable-new.jpg

clair1002.jpg

Even as a 64 year old woman today...she still bad :smh:

PHYLICIA-RASHAD.jpg

Last edited:
Loved me some Claire Huxtable growing up..
pimp.gif

And Phylicia Rashad has aged beautifully..

Last edited:
clair huxtable was goat.

well her and samantha from bewitched. elizabeth montgomery will always have a place in my heart.

I literally have nothing to add man, well written OP is well written. Claire will forever be it. :pimp:

SMH. It just dawned on me...there are literally ZERO role models for young black women out in the entertainment industry right now. Not one.

Black family sitcoms got replaced w/ these "____ Wives" shows. We need another Claire...BAD.

This thread just blew my mind....

I joke with my wife all the time that she's a Cosby kid (comes from a good family who own a brownstone in BK etc.) and this came on the other day as we were flipping channels.

After cracking my requisite jokes I went off on a 5 minute tangent about how I had a thing for the then Phylicia Ayers Allen back in the day.

APPRECIATED. And some additionally great points made in here as well.

LOL - Here, here. Definitely appreciated. My wife & I always get caught up watching this show on the weekends while we're folding laundry & stuff. Shoot my 8 year old likes the show now.

It celebrated black culture in such a subtle (yet effective way), that seems to be lost in television programming today.

Last edited:
Her and Ahmad Rashad's daughter...

Whoever gave them those eyes...bless their soul :smh: Her sister (Debbie Allen) had em too...

Last edited:
I was in love with this woman growing up.

She has it all.

Well written post, OP. Completely agree

i'm a 34-year-old white male, who grew up in a fairly suburban, mostly-white neighborhood in alabama during the '80s. i say that only to point out that my family and the one portrayed on the cosby show, on the surface, might seem to have little in common.

yet without fail, my family watched this show together every week and felt a connection. i realize for a lot of people the cosby show was the quintessential black sitcom. for us, it was the quintessential american sitcom.

still is....

SMH. It just dawned on me...there are literally ZERO role models for young black women out in the entertainment industry right now. Not one.

Black family sitcoms got replaced w/ these "____ Wives" shows. We need another Claire...BAD.
LOL - Here, here. Definitely appreciated. My wife & I always get caught up watching this show on the weekends while we're folding laundry & stuff. Shoot my 8 year old likes the show now.

It celebrated black culture in such a subtle (yet effective way), that seems to be lost in television programming today.
mean.gif
 Its truly sickening...I really dont understand how we used to have so many great black sitcoms and all we have now is Tyler Perry's lowkey minstrel shows and music/sports skeezers to represent us.

But back to Phylicia Rashad...Always had a crash on her, she was just the perfect wife, had every quality you could ask for. Best sitcom mom of all time, its well deserved.

I think she is beautiful, but I never cared for her on the show. Actually, she is the worst part of the show, which is astounding considering the Olivia years were awful. Her I'm-going-to-talk-fast-for-a-few-seconds sass always annoyed me. I can say without a doubt my despise for Clair Huxtable reached a zenith with this face she made while sitting in with Stevie Wonder in the studio.

I think she is beautiful, but I never cared for her on the show. Actually, she is the worst part of the show, which is astounding considering the Olivia years were awful. Her I'm-going-to-talk-fast-for-a-few-seconds sass always annoyed me. I can say without a doubt my despise for Clair Huxtable reached a zenith with this face she made while sitting in with Stevie Wonder in the studio.

Meh, to each his own. You must've hated this episode then....:tongue:

i'm a 34-year-old white male, who grew up in a fairly suburban, mostly-white neighborhood in alabama during the '80s. i say that only to point out that my family and the one portrayed on the cosby show, on the surface, might seem to have little in common.
yet without fail, my family watched this show together every week and felt a connection. i realize for a lot of people the cosby show was the quintessential black sitcom. for us, it was the quintessential american sitcom.
still is....

QFT.
Change the 34 to a 36 and Alabama to L.A. and it's me...
And Claire is appreciated.

-J-

still is....

QFT.
Change the 34 to a 36 and Alabama to L.A. and it's me...
And Claire is appreciated.

-J-

Well that's the thing. Cosby & co never went out of the way to express their "blackness", they just created a show about an American family using humor so deftly so that all audiences could identify in some sort of way while also being entertained.

However at the same time, they subtly celebrated black culture by exposing jazz, black artists (like painter Ellis Wilson), black colleges, etc. They even included other races without treating it in an overt manner or making a socio political statement. It just was...Again, no family show has seemed to be able to do that today...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom