Classified U.S. Military video depicting slaying of Iraqis

Originally Posted by gko2408

Originally Posted by VINTAGE SOLE 737

why is this even surprising?  we live in a society that is obsessedwith fast foods, HDTV and over-consumption.

these disturbing scenesare like watching a bunch of obese fatties charging your local "all youcan eat" restaurant.  the only difference is they're consuming humansinstead of fried foods.
Your resignation to the actions of the American military does nothing but reinforce the American apathy that, as you aptly stated, is obsessed with fast foods, HDTV, and over-consumption.  It's the kind of defeatist attitude that we don't need now.  We are the internet generation.  We are the generation that has limitless information and access to that information at our hands.  We don't have an excuse to be apathetic anymore.  

http://www.reddit.com/ A good news aggregator site with much better discussion than Digg.
i feel the same way you do.  i am keen to what goes on in my world.  i seek information daily.  i am doing my part and currently in the process of making music that touches on social, political injustices towards humanity and our planet as a whole.  everyone who clicked on this topic cares enough to take a peek.

my response that you commented on is coming from the point of view of NT's general forum, IMO.  the major topics either have to do with materialistic(jewelery, clothing, cars, etc..), entertainment(best HDTV's, LOST, call of duty, etc..) or girls(sex, breast, mass, etc...)  i would dare to assume that most members of NT are of the ages of 13 - 18.  when i was in that age range, all i cared about was sex, clothes, sports.  i feel that i am now a more balanced individual and have evolved into a person who cares about more than what is my immediate grasp.  i am happier and feel a sense of greater worth by renouncing material attachments and being able to overcome those urges and vices.  and if you fall into the aforementioned age range, then i applaud your compassion towards the cause of human salvation.  once again, everyone who clicked on this topic cares enough to take a peek.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

SMH @ that dude. He was on some MW2 chopper gunner +$%%. They were laughing and acting impressed by the damage done to the people and the car, like some kids getting enjoyment by burning bugs with a magnifier.
smh.gif
smh.gif
I was thinking , "Maaan... this looks way too much like the chopper gunner in MW2," while I was watching the whole video. Thought-provoking for sure...
http://www.ecnmag.com/Blo...-Games-and-the-Military/

Originally Posted by gko2408

why is this even surprising?  we live in a society that is obsessedwith fast foods, HDTV and over-consumption.

these disturbing scenesare like watching a bunch of obese fatties charging your local "all youcan eat" restaurant.  the only difference is they're consuming humansinstead of fried foods.
Your resignation to the actions of the American military does nothing but reinforce the American apathy that, as you aptly stated, is obsessed with fast foods, HDTV, and over-consumption.  It's the kind of defeatist attitude that we don't need now.  We are the internet generation.  We are the generation that has limitless information and access to that information at our hands.  We don't have an excuse to be apathetic anymore.  

http://www.reddit.com/ A good news aggregator site with much better discussion than Digg.
i feel the same way you do.  i am keen to what goes on in my world.  i seek information daily.  i am doing my part and currently in the process of making music that touches on social, political injustices towards humanity and our planet as a whole.  everyone who clicked on this topic cares enough to take a peek.

my response that you commented on is coming from the point of view of NT's general forum, IMO.  the major topics either have to do with materialistic(jewelery, clothing, cars, etc..), entertainment(best HDTV's, LOST, call of duty, etc..) or girls(sex, breast, mass, etc...)  i would dare to assume that most members of NT are of the ages of 13 - 18.  when i was in that age range, all i cared about was sex, clothes, sports.  i feel that i am now a more balanced individual and have evolved into a person who cares about more than what is my immediate grasp.  i am happier and feel a sense of greater worth by renouncing material attachments and being able to overcome those urges and vices.  and if you fall into the aforementioned age range, then i applaud your compassion towards the cause of human salvation.  once again, everyone who clicked on this topic cares enough to take a peek.
You're assumptions are right in some cases, however there are a number of people here who are on the other side of the fence. While we may not shed ourselves of these "vices" we are informed on subjects such as these.

Keep doing what you do though, hopefully it reaches people.

Originally Posted by MaliciousIntent

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

its war man people get killed...
You are the kind of moronic sheep that the government fools everyday. This isn't war, this is taking out innocent civilians for no good reason. Disgusting.

word to finnns2003.
whats going on over there is just disgusting. When will all of this stop 

tough one sided look on on the troops speaking and talking and hearing commands. for all we know, 90% of what they see is bloodsheed and true terrorist acts coming their way. Separating instances is not easy. There is no valid excuse for this.. Can they bring in more qualified guys to fight and truly THINK before they shoot. all you ever seem to hear is blood thirsty red neck hooligans making smart remarks after killing multiple people. they are so out of touch with reality its scary. 

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

its war man people get killed...
You are the kind of moronic sheep that the government fools everyday. This isn't war, this is taking out innocent civilians for no good reason. Disgusting.
This.

Man they were acting like it was a video game... Its sad to see children get wounded, and killed all for nothing!!! They have absolutely nothing to do with any of this stuff

SunDoobie, I fell for hook, line, and sinker? Really? You think that after seeing this video, I just came to conclusions? Stop being naive "little man". I knew well before this that these wars are a fraud. Profits, resources, and control are and always have been the true reason for these wars. The war economy requires it. Instead of attempting (and failing) to belittle me, do some more research and critique the information. I am not the enemy here.

I just felt you were so quick to judge.  I didn't mean to belittle you though.

It just makes me sick that this lil dweeb
julianassangemain-420x0.jpg
went to whatever lengths he probably went to just to get this 'classified' video. Then to release this 'classified' video which will not only jeopardize the US mission in Iraq but to also endanger our friends/family who are out there and countless other innocent Iraqis that will probably be in the cross fire in the next month.

Insurgents don't need much to HYPE em. So guess what this video is going to do? If you saw this video and was disgusted guess what these dudes are going through?

iraqi_insurgents.jpg

More suicide bombings. More innocents dead. Just watch what happens in the next week.

The US has made plenty of mistakes over this decade. From Abu Grahib, to water boarding to renditions and Guantanamo. We had GW Bush for 8 years so is there any doubt this entire war was ONE big mistake?

But you know what the missions not done. Obama is keeping over 50,000 troops there indefinitely. More troops in Afghan. The fight is not and will not be over any time soon. They are out there still plotting and they are not stopping. There is a reason videos like this are classified. Imagine the countless others? Does the pubic need to see this? Do they even want to? What is this going to do to public perception?
While they may have an agenda, its more than likely that that agenda is to show people whats happening on the ground in countries we are currently occupying and the overuse of force on civilians by our military.
AGENDA = Show the brutality of the American Military. Make them the villains. Change US /World public perception/opinion.

Who wins? Muslim extremists. Use as propaganda to fuel Jihad. Wikilinks mentioned all over the world causing high traffic which they will profit from advertising revenues.

Who loses? Military leaders will be retired. Pilot loses wings. Obama apologizes.... and to whoever is going to die. RIP

So ask yourself. Is the truth worth the consequences?

http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/UaqY12VHFv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&

But you know what the missions not done.� Obama is keeping over 50,000troops there indefinitely.� More troops in Afghan.� The fight is notand will not be over any time soon. � They are out there still plottingand they are not stopping. There is a reason videos like this areclassified.� Imagine the countless others?�� Does the pubic need to seethis?� Do they even want to?� What is this going to do to publicperception?�

Yes, the public does need to see this. The people who think that this war completely black and white with us as the good guys and Arabs as the bad guys. Its shows the American people that their military is not doing the best job and that situations like these create more hate for our country, regardless of whether the videos get out or not. Those people have families who will no doubt be angry.

AGENDA = Show the brutality of the American Military. Make them the villains.� Change US /World public perception/opinion.

Whowins?� Muslim extremists.� Use as propaganda to fuel Jihad. Wikilinksmentioned all over the world causing high traffic which they willprofit from advertising revenues.
�
Who loses?� Military leaders will be retired. Pilot loses wings. Obama apologizes.... and to whoever is going to die.� RIP

So ask yourself. Is the truth worth the consequences?��

What you're not understanding is that there is no villain. There is no right or wrong. It's only who's less wrong in various situations, and all too often we seem to be exposed as being the more wrong party.

I don't know what you're talking about but I don't see one add on the Wikileaks site so again you're mistaken.

This will be used to make people even madder, but there are hundreds of videos that we don't see here that they do see. This is only one of many. Again, if things like this didn't happen in the first place we wouldn't need to worry about things like that.

What about the people in that video? No RIP?? Do they not count as people???? Or are they just collateral??

This selfish American mentality has got to die soon because it's exactly why so many people throughout the world look at us so negatively. We only care about our citizens, and it's disgusting.

The military leaders that are retired lose??? The people who gave that order SHOULD be retired because they gave the order to fire on unarmed men and children without knowing the full depth of the situation. You know who wins in that respect? HUMANITY.

As I was watching the video, I couldn't stop looking out my window thinking I was gone get murked for watching
laugh.gif

Anyway, this is little disturbing
smh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

tough one sided look on on the troops speaking and talking and hearing commands. for all we know, 90% of what they see is bloodsheed and true terrorist acts coming their way. Separating instances is not easy. There is no valid excuse for this.. Can they bring in more qualified guys to fight and truly THINK before they shoot. all you ever seem to hear is blood thirsty red neck hooligans making smart remarks after killing multiple people. they are so out of touch with reality its scary. 

good points.  most of the soldiers are fresh out of high school and are probably scared as #@$@ anytime they see someone holding something that might look like a weapon.  they are hardly "professional" at what they do.  they sound like fans at a football game cheering on their favorite team.  that was the most disturbing thing for me, the soundbytes.  they've probably seen comrades die within feet of them and don't want to be next.  as long as there is resources to extract from the earth, corporations will continue to use political/military machinations to reach their means.  even if it is at the expense of the youth's lives, mostly poor youth.  when it all comes down to it, everyone has a choice to support the BS or rid yourself from it. 

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Dope
pimp.gif

Killing innocent civilians is whats good nowadays??
I bet you wouldn't be saying "dope" if that was your family or your folks.

Chill with all that, you're embarrassing yourself.

Back
Top Bottom