Cleveland Cavaliers vs Washington Wizards - Game 1 Post Sat, 4/19 12:30pm ESPN

Originally Posted by KAPSI1911

We all know the routine by now in the stupid S&T Forum of Niketalk. If the Cavs do win then the haters will say "well their gonna get beat in the next round", if they somehow win the next round the idiots will say "they'll get beat in the ECF", and they'll keep on with their assinine predictions until the Cavs ultimately lose then try to act liek geniuses cause they "predicted" it.

Only people that can rightfully talk smack about the Cavs run last year are Spurs fans, everybody else is salty miserable haters because their team didn't make it.

I truly doubt if the Cavs make a deep postseason run this year, but y'all fools are almost acting like the Cavs have no shot at beating the Wizards.

Then some fool in here claims he lost respect for Lebron because he is too cocky? My man develops more of a killer instinct this season and is more assertive and aggressive and now he's too cocky? Wait these are the same imbeciles that was gettign on him for not stepping up when it counts.

I'm not even a Cleveland fan, but some of the nonsense being spewed in here borders on complete and utter stupidity and blind hate.

lyons_preaching.jpg

CAVS in 6... and it will be sweeter this time around:
NO EXCUSES for Caron or Gilbert being out the mix
Put up or shut up Stevens

Originally Posted by KAPSI1911

We all know the routine by now in the stupid S&T Forum of Niketalk. If the Cavs do win then the haters will say "well their gonna get beat in the next round", if they somehow win the next round the idiots will say "they'll get beat in the ECF", and they'll keep on with their assinine predictions until the Cavs ultimately lose then try to act liek geniuses cause they "predicted" it.

Only people that can rightfully talk smack about the Cavs run last year are Spurs fans, everybody else is salty miserable haters because their team didn't make it.

I truly doubt if the Cavs make a deep postseason run this year, but y'all fools are almost acting like the Cavs have no shot at beating the Wizards.

Then some fool in here claims he lost respect for Lebron because he is too cocky? My man develops more of a killer instinct this season and is more assertive and aggressive and now he's too cocky? Wait these are the same imbeciles that was gettign on him for not stepping up when it counts.

I'm not even a Cleveland fan, but some of the nonsense being spewed in here borders on complete and utter stupidity and blind hate.

laugh.gif
On point.
Please someone enlighten me on what the WIZARDS have ever done to inspire this kind of confidence?
I don't get it either. Its one thing to be a fan of the home team, but these dudes are talking reckless. Maybe they see something in DeshawnStevenson that no one else does.
laugh.gif

Like I said before, the Cavs and their fans are a bunch of scumbags. The way LeBron James plays basketball disgusts me. For every good play he makes, he has anequally repulsive play where he travels. Cleveland couldn't win anything if LeBron James didn't travel. Period. If you don't agree, I'll PayPalyou $4 so you can go drink a gallon of gasoline.

NT is full of Cavs/LeBron haters.
For what reason? I have no clue
The Wizards are far stronger than in previous seasons which has to be taken into consideration.
The Cavs are my squad but even I know they not as good this season as last. Could be for many reasons.
But its playoff time + Deshawn(3 teams in 7 years & 8.7 career ppg) called out Lebron= Cavs in 5 games yeah i said it

To the dude who said Bron is NOT over hyped...PLEASE tell me how. I'm dying to know. His middle name is hype. As far as not being appreciated funny howeveryone is on his sack 100% of the day yet he won't be appreciated. Weird.

Looking forward to this personally I think this is probably the 2nd best series in the whole first round for both Conferences.

And it goes on.....
laugh.gif

Stevenson Says Barkley Needs to 'Chill'

By Ivan Carter
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 17, 2008; Page E09

ORLANDO, April 16 -- When he chose the Cavaliers to beat the Wizards in a first-round playoff series that begins this weekend in Cleveland, TNT television analyst Charles Barkley called the Wizards "the dumbest team in the history of civilization."

Barkley was referring to comments made by DeShawn Stevenson, who called LeBron James "overrated" after Washington's win over the Cavaliers on March 13, and Gilbert Arenas, who expressed confidence that the Wizards can beat the Cavaliers.

Before Wednesday's game in Orlando, Stevenson dismissed Barkley's comments.

"Are we really going to listen to a guy who said Yao Ming would not be an all-star in this league?" Stevenson asked. "I mean really. So who cares what he has to say? Tell Charles Barkley to chill and worry about other things. Don't worry about the Washington Wizards."

Arenas called Barkley's take "cute" and responded to Barkley's assertion that the Wizards shouldn't tweak James because, in Barkley's words, James is "the second-best player in the NBA, and that's just stupid."

"They might have the number two player," Arenas said. "But they don't have the number one end-of-quarter, end-of-half, end-of-game player."

Wizards Coach Eddie Jordan said he has no problem with his players expressing their views.

"I have never gotten in our guys' way of saying what they have to say," Jordan said. "It's a player's league in that regard so let them say what they want to say and let's toss it up and see if you can walk the walk like you talk the talk."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/16/AR2008041603921.html

Originally Posted by Gettin It Crackin

Like I said before, the Cavs and their fans are a bunch of scumbags. The way LeBron James plays basketball disgusts me. For every good play he makes, he has an equally repulsive play where he travels. Cleveland couldn't win anything if LeBron James didn't travel. Period. If you don't agree, I'll PayPal you $4 so you can go drink a gallon of gasoline.

I read your statement, then I looked at the teams that you support in your sig(Knicks/Wizards- Ravens/49ers - Orioles - Capitals), you must be miserable, all your teams suck, and the main players on your teams are either garbage, hurt,undermotivated, or just plain underachieving. I can actually understand your hate, being a knicks fan alone is justification for suicide. You wouldn't evenneed a suicide note, all you had to do is leave a printout of the 2007-2008 standings and a picture of Isaiah smiling by your bed.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

To the dude who said Bron is NOT over hyped...PLEASE tell me how. I'm dying to know. His middle name is hype. As far as not being appreciated funny how everyone is on his sack 100% of the day yet he won't be appreciated. Weird.

Ahh, an obvious Laker fan, the last few years have been tough for guys in the playoffs. Congrats for being thebest team in the West. Now y'all Laker fans can start talking trash in the playoffs right? Well understand this...anything less than an NBA Championship isconsidered a failure for you guys, so y'all better win it all. Even though y'all are the best of the West nothing is guaranteed. Even if y'all getto the Finals and lose it means nothing.

To answer your question about how is Lebron not overhyped. Well he has lived up to lofty expectations and haveexceeded them in many cases. I know stats aren't the complete picture, but 30 ppg, 7.9 boards, and 7 assists per game is amazing by any standard. Dude is6'8 250+ lbs, and is as fast, and quick as most guards, and clearly stronger than most.

Chances are you really dislike Lebron because he is a legitimate argument at being the best player inthe NBA. He is on the rise while Kobe is pretty much peaking. You aint gotta like the dude, I for one hated Michael Jordan because he always took a hotsteaming dump on all my favorite teams, but at the same time I was awed by his brilliance.

This is going to be a hell of a series. This is something that the Wizards wanted, and they better come and back up EVERYTHING that they have been saying.Everyone knows that everything is intensified in the playoffs 100% more than what you see in the regular season. If anyone thinks that Lebron WON'T takehis game to another level, then you're kidding yourself. That being said, the key to this series is the Wizards being VERY physical in how they playLebron. If he is driving, then the Wiz need to put him on his butt. I remember the last time they played @ Verizon, Todd gave a very hard foul to Lebron thatsent him flying on his back on the baseline. That is exactly how they need to defend him in this series.

As much as the Wiz have to account for Lebron, they also have to be cognizant of the other 4 guys on the court. Horsegums will and can knock down open 3'swhen given the chance. If we choose to double Lebron, then you better make sure that a dude like Ben Wallace or Varajao (sp?) are one of the dudes who you canleave momentairly unattended. I just don't trust our chances with leaving a dude open on the wing or behind the arc.

The dimension of having Gil coming off the bench is huge, because he will most likely be going up against a 2nd unit. He is the key (offensively) to thisseries. If Gil can give the Wiz 18-25ppg off the bench, then that would be a big plus for the Wizards. I'm not predicting the series outcome, because Ijust want to sit back enjoy the drama surrounding this matchup, and see some great basketball.

Go Wizards!

If you don't agree, I'll PayPal you $4 so you can go drink a gallon of gasoline.

I just caught this
roll.gif

Like I said before, the Cavs and their fans are a bunch of scumbags. The way LeBron James plays basketball disgusts me. For every good play he makes, he has an equally repulsive play where he travels. Cleveland couldn't win anything if LeBron James didn't travel. Period. If you don't agree, I'll PayPal you $4 so you can go drink a gallon of gasoline.
laugh.gif

To the dude who said Bron is NOT over hyped...PLEASE tell me how. I'm dying to know. His middle name is hype.

he is over hyped, but so is every marketable superstar these days, although probably not as much as LeBron

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

laugh.gif

To the dude who said Bron is NOT over hyped...PLEASE tell me how. I'm dying to know. His middle name is hype.

he is over hyped, but so is every marketable superstar these days, although probably not as much as LeBron

I'm the one who said that and he is definitely hyped, but not over-hyped. The only thing that I disagree with is when people say "Lebron is/willbe better than MJ"

^ ya but overhyped =/= overrated.

Every marketable superstar since MJ is/was over hyped. LeBron is now, Kobe is now, Penny was, even MJ was after he started winning championships in the 90s.

I'm not sure if you're confusing overhyped & overrated, because LeBron's not overrated. The hype might make some people think he'soverrated, but that's just their opinion.

LeBron is over hyped?

laugh.gif

Then get mad at ESPN.

Why you guys get mad at LeBron is beyond me. He goes out and handles his business.

I guess the reasoning ability for some of you guys is too steep to handle
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

really the Wizards will finally be almost healthy this time. Butler, Jamison, and Arenas vs Lebron, ?, and ?.

I hope you mean physical health. Any hopes of Arenas being mentally healthy should be squashed by now.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

LeBron is over hyped?

laugh.gif

Then get mad at ESPN.

Why you guys get mad at LeBron is beyond me. He goes out and handles his business.

I guess the reasoning ability for some of you guys is too steep to handle
laugh.gif
Same like Kobe when he first got in the league. The media hypes these players up. Dont get mad at the player, get mad at david stern and the media...

Wow...this thread is already at 100 posts. You know you are one of the best players to ever do it when you got this much hate and posts in a game thread thats2 days away
pimp.gif

Most of the people hating are because of some of the "Cavs fans".

Some people are just making a valid prediction on DC winning the series (that can go either way, i cant emphasize that enough), and some are going to hate onthe Cavs because:

a) They understand its pretty much a one man team vs a team getting healthy at the right time (record is irrelevant)

b) the calls he gets (word to Wade falling out of love with NT)

c) the fans who over-hype the team

If people are going to hate then just let them, your wasting your team DEFENDING the team you root for because it won't change any body's mind......ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS (word to Kapsi1911).

Maybe Barkley knows that him telling Jordan "We're going to save ya'll city" ended up making him have to celebrate a 1st loser parade. I likeSir Charles tho, let him talk.

As far as this series, all I have to say is if you win a rat race, at the end of the day you're still a rat. I don't see neither of these teams doingmuch.

With that said, I'm pulling for the Wiz kids in this series.

Back
Top Bottom