Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

HOT DAMN! Can Dunleavy get fired as head coach already.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

Fire Dunleavy.
PLEASE do....I've been waiting for the day for this to happen
smh.gif
Atleast hire a new coach and keep him as GM.

What a disappointing start, with all this talent.

http://latimesblogs.latim...8/12/i-can-see-for-d.html

[h1]Clippers looking at (gulp!) Darius Miles[/h1]
2:25 PM, December 10, 2008

There was bound to be some (potential) movement afoot, especially when the struggling Clippers hit 4-17.

To that end, the Clippers brought in a former player for a workout on the scheduled off day, on Tuesday -- one Darius Miles.

Yes, the same Darius Miles who appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 2000 before he ever played an NBA game for the Clippers. The same Darius Miles who hasn't played in the league since undergoing microfracture surgery to fix his right knee a little more than two years ago.

And this would be the same Miles who had a well-known locker room confrontation with then-Coach Maurice Cheeks when they were in Portland.

"We have an extra roster spot. He is starting to work out for teams," Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy told me today. "And so, we're just looking into the situation."

Miles is presumably making the rounds of the NBA. Based on what they've seen and what they need, the Clippers would jump at signing the small forward Miles as a free agent. (He was with the Celtics in training camp and was thought to have been close to making the team.)

There's one small problem: Miles would have to serve an automatic 10-game suspension for having violated the league's substance abuse policy.

Indeed, it is never ever boring around the Clippers.

-- Lisa Dillman

bring back the OG headknocker!
smokin.gif

Mobley To Retire

Cuttino Mobley is set to retire. An official announcement is expected Wednesday night.

Mobley made the decision after undergoing extensive testing of a heart condition.

Mobley is 33 years of age and has played 11 years in the NBA, averaging 16 points and 2.7 assists per game while playing for the Rockets, Magic, Kings and Clippers.

The Knicks waived Mobley's physical requirement in the salary-dumping trade that sent Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Clippers in exchange for Mobley and Tim Thomas.

Via ESPN.com

tired.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Clippers' Dunleavy Given Vote Of Confidence
The Clippers lost yet another game on Monday night, but the organization has given coach Mike Dunleavy a vote of confidence.
"It's always darkest before the dawn," team president Andy Roeser said. "We like our players and as hard as it is to say, we just need to be a little patient until it all comes together."

The Clippers were 4-17 after Monday night's action.

Via Los Angeles Daily News

sick.gif

Yeah, I figured we'd hear the, "we need to give it time to come together" line at some point. If I was Sterling, I wouldn't wait too long.However, they need to get rid of Ricky Davis first. I was thinking about and I believe the dude is cursed. When is the last time he was on a team thatwasn't terrible? I sure can't remember. I think the Clips should straight up cut him.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/12/i-can-see-for-d.htmlhttp://latimesblogs.latim...8/12/i-can-see-for-d.html

[h1]Clippers looking at (gulp!) Darius Miles[/h1]
2:25 PM, December 10, 2008

There was bound to be some (potential) movement afoot, especially when the struggling Clippers hit 4-17.

To that end, the Clippers brought in a former player for a workout on the scheduled off day, on Tuesday -- one Darius Miles.

Yes, the same Darius Miles who appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 2000 before he ever played an NBA game for the Clippers. The same Darius Miles who hasn't played in the league since undergoing microfracture surgery to fix his right knee a little more than two years ago.

And this would be the same Miles who had a well-known locker room confrontation with then-Coach Maurice Cheeks when they were in Portland.

"We have an extra roster spot. He is starting to work out for teams," Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy told me today. "And so, we're just looking into the situation."

Miles is presumably making the rounds of the NBA. Based on what they've seen and what they need, the Clippers would jump at signing the small forward Miles as a free agent. (He was with the Celtics in training camp and was thought to have been close to making the team.)

There's one small problem: Miles would have to serve an automatic 10-game suspension for having violated the league's substance abuse policy.

Indeed, it is never ever boring around the Clippers.

-- Lisa Dillman
bring back the OG headknocker!
smokin.gif

If his head is on straight these days, why not? Hell, couldn't hurt at this point.

Miles_Darius_bos_081008.jpg

Clippers Won't Make Decision On Miles Until February

Clippers GM and coach Mike Dunleavy said at practice on Thursday that the team would probably "wait until after January" to make a decision on Darius Miles.

Even if Miles were to sign a free-agent contract, he'd first have to serve an automatic 10-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Via Los Angeles Times

pimp.gif

As I was logging on to post how terrible Baron is in crunch time situations, he hit a 3 to tie it against Portland. We'll see what happens in OT. Still,the turnover he made the possession before was ridiculous.

Wow. I can't believe we finally hung on to one. Hopefully, its the start of some good things. Baron hit some big shots, but I think our go to guy down thestretch needs to be Z-Bo.

^^ While I agree with Z-Bo being the go to guy, it was disappointing how much he got blocked when he drove in the overtime.
Even Roy blocked some of his shots but it is good to see him attack.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^ While I agree with Z-Bo being the go to guy, it was disappointing how much he got blocked when he drove in the overtime.
Even Roy blocked some of his shots but it is good to see him attack.

Yeah, Roy definitely got him a couple times. I guess its not surprising since Zach hardly elevates at all on any move.

zach attacks and gets to the line. I'm not mad at that.

Exactly. Even if he gets blocked a couple times, at least he's trying to get to the hole. Better that shooting fade-away jumpers.

He ain't that good. Gordon > DeRozan. The only real player in the draft could be Griffin. Most mock drafts have Mullens going top 3.... TOP 3
smh.gif
sick.gif

mann ZBO is playin really well wit the clippers, i wish eric gordon can stay consistent and stop forcin his shots.

Back
Top Bottom