Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

pimp.gif

Devin Harris who?

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

props to the Mavs for exposing our 4th qtr weakness.
tired.gif

Houston up NEXT!
eyes.gif

Yall have a nasty stretch of 4 games in 5 nights coming up. All on the road

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Typical Baron, step back 3 at the end.....and miss
laugh.gif

Yeah, from what I've seen so far, I think Baron definitely is a great player, but definitely NOT a great closer. I'm glad we got someone else -- Z-Bo-- who is willing to take big shots at the end of the game (Too bad he didn't hardly get any touches in the last few minutes last night).
eyes.gif

baron is frickin OVERRATED!!! damn... his erratic shot selection is mind numbing
sick.gif
!!! his execution down the stretch is horrible!! it seems like at the end of every close game instead of creating for a teammate or getting a goodlook... he just dribbles the clock away and does that stupid step back jumper with a hand in his face and from the 3pt line!!! i dont understand that type ofplay from ur point guard... and btw mike dunleavy NEEDS to go
mad.gif
!!

Summumma, ive been seeing everything that you have been seeing throughout the season and i came in here just to say it. i dont think baron davis is overratedbut he definitely needs to stop forcing things and being so selfish in the fourth quarter, im confident that al, gordon, z-bo, and even camby the four otherguys out there with him in the fourth can hit a big shot now only if baron could see that. im a huge clipper fan and i think the biggest surprise we have hadso far is the great play of mike taylor, who really expected him to play this well. they just picked up against houston right now, and a repeat of last nightwould be just horrid :smh

Originally Posted by Summumma

baron is frickin OVERRATED!!! damn... his erratic shot selection is mind numbing
sick.gif
!!! his execution down the stretch is horrible!! it seems like at the end of every close game instead of creating for a teammate or getting a good look... he just dribbles the clock away and does that stupid step back jumper with a hand in his face and from the 3pt line!!! i dont understand that type of play from ur point guard... and btw mike dunleavy NEEDS to go
mad.gif
!!

Yep. I listened to the post-game radio show last night and pretty much everyone who called in said the same thing. Alot of frustrated Clip fans out thereright now.

ZBo looks like baby Shaq out there. He was killin us on the blocks. Al Thornton is tough to defend. He'll be like Gerald Wallace in a few season. Probablyeven better. Baron looked disinterested for the first three quarters. Gordon is nice. Glad we won
laugh.gif

Medical Retirement For Mobley?

With Cuttino Mobley still not in uniform following his trade to the New York Knicks, the New York Post has made reference to the possibility of Mobley filing papers for a medical retirement today because of a heart condition.

The move appears to be bizarre considering the condition was detected when Mobley was with the Houston Rockets, and he has played without problems with the Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings and L.A. Clippers since then.

Mobley was averaging 33 minutes and 14 points a game this season before the the trade.

Allan Houston and Patrick Ewing Jr. are the two likeliest candidates to take Mobley's roster spot.

Via New York Post

I guess we did good by trading him and Trash for Zbo
tired.gif

28vgish.jpg

smh.gif
tired.gif

Yeah. Baron's decision making down the stretch is very suspect. The guy can pretty much get to the rack whenever he wants, but insists on launching 3s(at a 23% clip).

Originally Posted by lawdog1

28vgish.jpg

smh.gif
tired.gif

Yeah. Baron's decision making down the stretch is very suspect. The guy can pretty much get to the rack whenever he wants, but insists on launching 3s (at a 23% clip).
Get used to it. Other than injuries, the biggest knock on Baron is his shot selection. It makes fans
smh.gif
because as already mentioned, he can get to the rack at will.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...tinoobleyonsiderse&prov=rotowire&type=fantasyhttp://sports.yahoo.com/n...rotowire&type=fantasy

Cuttino Mobley: Considers Retirement

Update: Mobley is mulling over a medical retirement because of a heart condition, according to a source familiar with the situation, the New York Post reports.

Recommendation: The Knicks, who acquired Mobley from the Clippers two weeks ago, discovered a heart condition while conducting a physical and he has been undergoing testing ever since. It's a condition that Mobley reportedly signed waivers for while with Houston and Los Angeles, absolving the teams from any culpability in the case of a heart malfunction. He is scheduled for another test in Minnesota on Thursday. According to the source, Mobley initiated the extra testing. "He's not really focused on basketball, his main concern is his health," the source said.

frown.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...tinoobleyonsiderse&prov=rotowire&type=fantasyhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...tinoobleyonsiderse&prov=rotowire&type=fantasyhttp://sports.yahoo.com/n...rotowire&type=fantasy

Cuttino Mobley: Considers Retirement

Update: Mobley is mulling over a medical retirement because of a heart condition, according to a source familiar with the situation, the New York Post reports.

Recommendation: The Knicks, who acquired Mobley from the Clippers two weeks ago, discovered a heart condition while conducting a physical and he has been undergoing testing ever since. It's a condition that Mobley reportedly signed waivers for while with Houston and Los Angeles, absolving the teams from any culpability in the case of a heart malfunction. He is scheduled for another test in Minnesota on Thursday. According to the source, Mobley initiated the extra testing. "He's not really focused on basketball, his main concern is his health," the source said.

frown.gif

and to think this guy was starting for us.
Fire Dunleavy.

Francis: Mobley 'Didn't Sound Too Good'
Steve Francis told the Houston Chronicle that his friend Cuttino Mobley is despondent over the possibility of early retirement.
Mobley has an enlarged heart that could force him to retire.

"That's the same ailment he has played with his whole career," said Francis. "It's terrible. He didn't sound too good today.

"It's tough. I know how much he loves playing basketball. I don't know how he'd react. He's close to a decision."

Via New York Daily News

tired.gif

^^^ too bad about Cat. He was inconsistent as a player, but seems like a decent guy. I feel for him.

Anyway, any chance we get our first two game streak of the season tonight? Howard is going to be a tough match-up, but otherwise I think the Clips have a goodchance against Orlando.

Another game, another horrific fourth quarter. What else is new? I hate so sound like a broken record, but Dunleavy just doesn't put the team in a positionto win. What's with having Taylor and Mardy Collins in until 7 minutes left in the 4th. Stop trying to save your starters. What are you saving them for?Get some wins. Play the starters 48 minutes if you need to. This team needs to win to get some confidence. BTW - Mike Smith just said the same exact thing onthe post-game show.

Clippers' Dunleavy Given Vote Of Confidence
The Clippers lost yet another game on Monday night, but the organization has given coach Mike Dunleavy a vote of confidence.
"It's always darkest before the dawn," team president Andy Roeser said. "We like our players and as hard as it is to say, we just need to be a little patient until it all comes together."

The Clippers were 4-17 after Monday night's action.

Via Los Angeles Daily News

sick.gif

btw Zbo
smh.gif
was dead wrong for what he did to D12 in that game vs ORL and BrianCook is such a female dog.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom