Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

Isiah Meets With Clippers' Owner About Front Office Job

Mar 26, 2009 10:37 AM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
Isiah Thomas is actively looking fora new job and met with Clippers' owner Donald Sterling about a front office position. The meeting was arranged by Mike Dunleavy.

Several NBA sources confirmed the February meeting to ESPN.com.

The talks were informal but substantive and there have been follow-up discussions.

ViaESPN

sick.gif

why would you even give Isiah an interview? and to the guy above, why would you even be content with him scouting rookies for you. he picked: ronaldo balmanand that big weird italian guy like 4 years ago.

freshprinceblocked.gif

The L.A. source said Thomas spoke with Sterling and Clippers coach/GM Mike Dunleavy about a potential personnel job. Thomas told them he would be in Los Angeles quite a bit next season because his daughter, Lauren, will be attending Loyola Marymount in L.A.

The source said talks didn't go anywhere, because the club does not have a current position suited for Thomas, though it recently fired Elgin Baylor, who was vice president of basketball operations. Thomas' expertise is the draft and his track record with the Knicks is solid in that department -- with late first-round picks David Lee, Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler and Renaldo Balkman all having respectable NBA careers, and second-rounder Trevor Ariza shining with the Lakers.

Walsh said he was unaware of Thomas' talks with the Clippers, though he spent a full day at the Pac-10 tournament with him. Walsh said Thomas has permission to talk to other clubs.

via NY Post

pimp.gif

i feel so bad for Ralph Lawler....I've been listening to him since I was a little kid watching Clippers games here in LA (the Manning, Smith, Norman,Vaught, Harper, Gary Grant, Pooh Richardson, Doc Rivers, Dominique.........days)

He's only seen the Clips have like 2-3 good years during that time span........but he keeps doing his thing "bingo", "lawler'slaw", "oh me oh my" and "fasten your seatbelts"

Back
Top Bottom