Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Man, this season is just a nightmare that won't end. I've been following the Clippers for about 20 years (yes, I'm old for an NTer) and don't think I ever remember a season where there has been so many embarassing losses. My fanhood definitely is being tested.

Same here .. Seeing Steve Blake of all people doing what he wanted against our team last night was ridiculous .. All I could do was laugh
laugh.gif

Frustrating to say the least .. Injuries doesn't help either
tired.gif
.. Same story every year ..

So true. I kind of feel bad saying this, but I think the first move this off season should be to bring in a new training staff. It just seems a little toocoincidental that over the last three seasons most of our best players have spent half the season or more on the bench with injuries. No other team seems tobe quite that unlucky when it comes to keeping players healthy. I'm not really saying the trainers are at fault, I just think something needs to changeand, unfortunately, I don't think MD Sr. or Sterling are going anywhere.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by daprescription

It's going to be ugly tonight... Warriors by 20+.

Either that or they'll some how pull out a win. I don't think they've had a close loss in two months. Either they win or get destroyed . . . usually the latter.

Someone from the team must have been monitoring this thread yesterday. They actually played pretty well last night . . . even Baron. I guess that's whythis season has been so frustrating. I really think that if the whole squad was consistently healthy -- especially with the emergence of Gordon -- it could bea playoff contending team.

Celtics tonight. I would really love it if the Clippers picked tonight to play their best game of the season, as I can't stand the Celtics. Still, theCelts have arleady crushed Phoenix and Denver on this road trip - without KG - so I don't give us much of a chance.

Great win tonight!

Sucks that EG's double digit points streak ended but I just hope he's alright.

great win! i hope the team gets on on of those good winning streaks, it may be far fetched but this was a big win and could maybe jump start the team for thelast few months of the season.

Originally Posted by jepeh21

great win! i hope the team gets on on of those good winning streaks, it may be far fetched but this was a big win and could maybe jump start the team for the last few months of the season.

Far fetched or not, its pretty much the best thing we can hope for this season at this point.

yeah, too bad i wasn't able to cop tickets for that game, the clippers emailed me about $12 bucks tickets for that game,
ohwell.gif
, anyway the team just had too many injuries this season, zach, kaman, cambycombo with gordon and a healthy b diddy would have had a good run i believe.

I'm really looking forward to our high draft pick this summer and better times in 09/10(barring no injuries
eyes.gif
) but it wouldn't hurt to finish out this season strong.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I'm really looking forward to our high draft pick this summer and better times in 09/10(barring no injuries
eyes.gif
) but it wouldn't hurt to finish out this season strong.
It will be interesting to see what they do with that draft pick. I definitely think that they should entertain trade offers. Maybe they couldpackage the pick and Kaman and get another really solid player. As much as I like Thornton, maybe we could get someone a little more consistent at the SFspot. I propose Kaman and our draft pick to the Bulls for Deng and Hinrich. That would give us a really solid starting 5 and depth at the guard and forwardpositions. Of course, I would only do that deal if our draft pick is not in the top 3. I'm thinking we'll have a decent finish to the season and endup in the 7 - 13 range.

Is it just me or was that the worst play calling by Dunleavy the last couple minutes last night. Iso to Mardy Colins? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

You got Randolph and you got Baron Davis however Dunleavy called the same play 3 times in a row. Yeah it worked the first time with that lucky basket by Colinsover Pierce but to call it again and again? Dunleavy is a horrible coach. Fire that fool already than maybe I'll start going to the games again.

Great win though last night. Priceless to see all those Celtics fans at Staples cry a river.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Is it just me or was that the worst play calling by Dunleavy the last couple minutes last night. Iso to Mardy Colins? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!

You got Randolph and you got Baron Davis however Dunleavy called the same play 3 times in a row. Yeah it worked the first time with that lucky basket by Colins over Pierce but to call it again and again? Dunleavy is a horrible coach. Fire that fool already than maybe I'll start going to the games again.

Great win though last night. Priceless to see all those Celtics fans at Staples cry a river.
That's classic Dunleavy offense. Repetitive, predictable and boring. And lately he seems to think that Mardy Collins is like Kevin McHale onthe post or something. As much I want him gone, I don't think its going to happen any time soon. I'm just hoping the team with be healthy next yearand win in spite of the coaching.

Free Clipper tickets for tonight. Well sort of. Ticket master processing charge is $4.85 and if you use will call. Ticketfast is $2.50

Code:
Here's the link to tonight's Clippers game.www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004131a1ce5b2b?did=txtchathe password is txtcha.It's free up to 4 tickets, while it lasts.

^^^^ thanks. picked up 4 seats
happy.gif

my brother has season seats in the 100's so ill have him bring me down
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Free Clipper tickets for tonight. Well sort of. Ticket master processing charge is $4.85 and if you use will call. Ticketfast is $2.50

Code:
Here's the link to tonight's Clippers game.www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004131a1ce5b2b?did=txtchathe password is txtcha.It's free up to 4 tickets, while it lasts.

I don't think I'm going to make it, but thanks for the info. Hard to find a baby sitter on short notice these days and my son (3 y.o.) isn't quiteready for a game yet. Wish I could go though -- notwithstanding last night's lackluster effort vs Sac.

it's been a tough year mjshoe for the clipps, at least we got the dodgers
pimp.gif

great game and great win by the team, i love ralph lawler's reaction, bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

*expletive* Anaheim and the Gaylos
mad.gif

look forward to taking the season series again this year.
pimp.gif

Steve Novak FTW

Back
Top Bottom