Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

Eddie Jordan?
nerd.gif

I'm not a Clippers fan, but I see a number of their games living in SoCal and having League Pass...here's something I posted in the Trade Thread:
Of their big men, I think the Clippers would be better served getting rid of Chris Kaman because the combination of Marcus Camby and Zach Randolph works better. They can also get rid of Kaman's contract and develop Jordan behind Camby until the end of next season. By then, DeAndre Jordan could be a productive center (he's played well the last few weeks). As for Baron Davis, he doesn't fit in with the rest of the team and doesn't get along with Coach Dunleavy, so he should be shipped too.
Too bad Kaman's been hurt, could be a valuable trade asset right now.

I agree. Kaman is unofficially expendable especially with the way Zbo, DeAndre and Camby have been playing.

I watch a lot of Clippers games here in So Cal

and I gotta say, Eric Gordon is the truth. This kid amazes me more each game, I can't believe he's a rookie.

Too bad he gets no national recognition cuz he's on the Clips

[h1]Former Clippers GM Baylor sues team, NBA[/h1]
[h2][/h2]

Updated: February 12, 2009, 11:44 AM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Elgin Baylor, the former Los Angeles Clippers general manager who left the team last fall after 22 years, has sued the franchise, the NBA and team owner Donald Sterling alleging employment discrimination.

Baylor's attorney, Carl Douglas, said the lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Baylor plans to hold a news conference Thursday to discuss the lawsuit, which also names club president Andy Roeser, Douglas said in a fax sent Wednesday.

The lawsuit maintains that Baylor was "discriminated against and unceremoniously released from his position with the team on account of his age and his race" and that he was "grossly underpaid during his tenure with the Clippers, never earning more than $350,000 per year, when compared with the compensation scheme for general managers employed by every other team in the NBA."

The NBA is named in the lawsuit, according to Douglas' fax, as "a joint venturer/partner of condoning, adopting and ratifying this discriminatory practice since the league is fully aware of salaries paid to all of the general managers."

Clippers attorney Robert H. Platt said in a statement Wednesday night that he had not seen the lawsuit and couldn't comment on Baylor's specific allegations.

"However, I can categorically state that the Clippers always treated Elgin fairly throughout his long tenure with the team. Prior to his decision to leave the team last October, Elgin never raised any claims of unfair treatment," Platt said.

"It's hard to believe that he would now make these ridiculous claims after the organization stood by him during 22 years and only three playoff appearances. It would be hard to find any sports team that has demonstrated greater loyalty to its general manager."

Sterling expressed surprise and disappointment when informed of the lawsuit after the Clippers beat the New York Knicks 128-124 in overtime Wednesday night.

"I can't imagine because Elgin has always been very, very close to me," the owner said in the team's locker room. "He's a fabulous person. I think there's some mistake."

Baylor became vice president of basketball operations with the Clippers in 1986 after an outstanding 14-year playing career with the Lakers and a brief stint as coach of the New Orleans Jazz.

He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1976, chosen as one of the NBA's 50 greatest players during the league's 50th anniversary celebration in 1997, and named the NBA executive of the year following the 2005-06 season.

The Clippers have been one of the NBA's least successful franchises over the years and last made the playoffs in 2005-06, when they lost in the second round.

Coach Mike Dunleavy, now in his sixth season in Los Angeles, added Baylor's GM duties after the Hall of Famer's departure three weeks before the season began, while Neil Olshey was promoted to assistant general manager. At the time, Dunleavy said Baylor had resigned.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9209800/Former-Clippers-GM-Baylor-sues-team,-NBAhttp://msn.foxsports.com/...-GM-Baylor-sues-team,-NBA

Any thoughts? .. Interesting stuff ..

I'm honestly not sure what to think of the situation .. On one hand, Sterling already has a history of discriminatory acts, which resulted in myself not spending any of my money on the franchise (purchasing any tickets, mechandise etc.) .. But on the other hand, it's no secret to Clipper fans that Baylor did horrible in the 22 years he was here .. $350K/yr. was a generous salary for Baylor IMO .. On top of that, Sterling did show loyalty to him .. If Baylor wasn't satisfied with his salary to begin with, then why sign the contract? Negotiate a contract that you're happy with .. Anyways, It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the end ..

Originally Posted by LARidah23

I'm honestly not sure what to think of the situation .. On one hand, Sterling already has a history of discriminatory acts, which resulted in myself not spending any of my money on the franchise (purchasing any tickets, mechandise etc.) .. But on the other hand, it's no secret to Clipper fans that Baylor did horrible in the 22 years he was here .. $350K/yr. was a generous salary for Baylor IMO .. On top of that, Sterling did show loyalty to him .. If Baylor wasn't satisfied with his salary to begin with, then why sign the contract? Negotiate a contract that you're happy with .. Anyways, It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the end ..
He should just be thankful that he lasted for 20+ years as a GM.
eyes.gif

Man, this season is just a nightmare that won't end. I've been following the Clippers for about 20 years (yes, I'm old for an NTer) and don'tthink I ever remember a season where there has been so many embarassing losses. My fanhood definitely is being tested.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Man, this season is just a nightmare that won't end. I've been following the Clippers for about 20 years (yes, I'm old for an NTer) and don't think I ever remember a season where there has been so many embarassing losses. My fanhood definitely is being tested.
switch locker rooms..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

how does mike dunleavy have a job? the players aren't buying into anything he's coaching ... the chemistry on this team is
sick.gif

too bad that contract baron got was
smh.gif
cause he would have been dealt. just let the young kids play, they'll give more effort out there.

Originally Posted by daprescription

It's going to be ugly tonight... Warriors by 20+.

Either that or they'll some how pull out a win. I don't think they've had a close loss in two months. Either they win or get destroyed . . .usually the latter.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Man, this season is just a nightmare that won't end. I've been following the Clippers for about 20 years (yes, I'm old for an NTer) and don't think I ever remember a season where there has been so many embarassing losses. My fanhood definitely is being tested.

Same here .. Seeing Steve Blake of all people doing what he wanted against our team last night was ridiculous .. All I could do was laugh
laugh.gif

Frustrating to say the least .. Injuries doesn't help either
tired.gif
..Same story every year ..

Back
Top Bottom