Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

Z BOOOOO
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

hahaha... 3 pages long.. this chance has absolutely no chance in making the playoffs. Make some trades and get ready for the lottery.

And fire Dunleavy
it might just be 3 pages i mean not everyone has the same amount of fans as much as we do but these 3 pages are true cLip fans...

^ Personally, I've been down since the early 90's(Harper, Manning, Jackson) when they played in So. Central LA at the Sports Arena which was not that far from my house. I never wanted to travel to Inglewood(GW Forum) since that was out of my area.

true fans FTW!...props mj

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

ive always wanted to know what makes people clippers fans instead of lakers fans and vice versa? is it the history, the team the players? or just people from san diego that root for the clippers
For alot of years I rooted for both teams. I started off as a Lakers fan, but when I was like 9 or 10 my dad got season tickets for the Clippers. We had the tickets during the Larry Brown era, when the team had a nice run, so I became a pretty big fan. I still rooted for the Lakers though, except whenthe teams played each other. The Clips have easily been my favorite over the last few years because, althouth a Laker fan, I was never a Kobe fan. Once theLakers truly became "Kobe's" team, I found it very hard to root for the at all.

PrinSe3 wrote:
ive always wanted to know what makes people clippers fans instead of lakers fans and vice versa? is it the history, the team the players? or just people from san diego that root for the clippers

My father was also the reason I became a fan .. Which is funny because he doesn't even follow basketball ..

One day, when I was around 7 years old, he randomly bought some tickets for us to watch the Clips against the Blazers at the Sports Arena .. Became hooked onthe team ever since ..

About Dunleavy, I also agree that he shouldn't be coaching the team anymore .. I've been a big Dunleavy supporter, in fact I still am to a certainextent, but it just seems like the players just don't respond to him anymore .. I'm all for him remaining GM though ..

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

I have been a clipper fan since Danny Manning was here. I grew up also loving the lakers but since Kobe came to town I just stuck with the clips.

I was watching the game tonight and was wondering... why doesn't Eric Gordon get more play time? If I were a Clips fan, I'd much rather see him gettime to develop on the court as opposed to watching that bum Ricky Davis chuck bricks.

Another good game with a familiar outcome
ohwell.gif

Like I've mentioned before, Dunleavy is horrible when it comes to late game/last minute situations ..

I was watching the game tonight and was wondering... why doesn't Eric Gordon get more play time? If I were a Clips fan, I'd much rather see him get time to develop on the court as opposed to watching that bum Ricky Davis chuck bricks.

Alot of Clip fans are wondering the same thing .. I honestly have no clue
ohwell.gif

Like you said, it makes more sense to give him quality PT over R. Davis ..

Time to re-visit that Z-Bo trade and/or simply replace Dunleavy SR after game #15
tired.gif

another heartbreaking loss @ home
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Another good game with a familiar outcome
ohwell.gif

Like I've mentioned before, Dunleavy is horrible when it comes to late game/last minute situations ..

I was watching the game tonight and was wondering... why doesn't Eric Gordon get more play time? If I were a Clips fan, I'd much rather see him get time to develop on the court as opposed to watching that bum Ricky Davis chuck bricks.

Alot of Clip fans are wondering the same thing .. I honestly have no clue
ohwell.gif

Like you said, it makes more sense to give him quality PT over R. Davis ..

So true. I don't think I've ever seen the team get a great look at a last second shot. It always ends up being some forced, fade away. Last nightwas a perfect example. What the hell was that weave crap they tried to pull?

Oh, and way to show on the pick-and-roll Camby. Why did he drop into the paint when his man was still at the three point line? I just feel like this is howits going to be all season. This Clips squad is just going to find ways to lose games. I really think they're going into games now expecting to lose. Not a winning mentality if you ask me.

Four Teams Still Interested In Marbury?

Four teams figure to make a play for Stephon Marbury should the Knicks eventually buy out the veteran point guard's contract.

The Heat, Celtics, Clippers, and Mavericks are expected to show interest in Marbury.

Via New York Post

tired.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Four teams figure to make a play for Stephon Marbury should the Knicks eventually buy out the veteran point guard's contract.

The Heat, Celtics, Clippers, and Mavericks are expected to show interest in Marbury.

Via New York Post

tired.gif

Someone enlighten me. Why would the Clippers front office be interested in Marbury?

#1 has been so inconsistent on O & D plus our backups are a rook(Taylor) and fellow bum(Hart). Also, CAT has been flirting with bum status these past fewgames.

#1 has been so inconsistent on O & D plus our backups are a rook(Taylor) and fellow bum(Hart). Also, CAT has been flirting with bum status these past few games.
I thought Mobley did well to keep you in the game when we played you guys.

Via New York Post

tired.gif

Yeah, that's going to turn the season right around if it happens.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

#1 has been so inconsistent on O & D plus our backups are a rook(Taylor) and fellow bum(Hart). Also, CAT has been flirting with bum status these past few games.
I thought Mobley did well to keep you in the game when we played you guys.
CAT is a "dow jones" player at his age. E-Go should have been took the starting job but Doneleavy SR is just way too stubborn for thatto ever happen.
eyes.gif

We keep losing and Saunders, (Mark)Jackson or Van Gundy might end up giving my boy Eric that quality PT he deserves.
pimp.gif

Keep Starbury away. We don't need a pg (especially one who hardly passes).

I agree with MJshoefanatic....With all the talent on our team, it's all in the coach's hands to make this team work and obviously Dunleavy's systemisn't working. As much as I supported Coach DONE-leavy, I think its time for him to throw in the towel and hire a new coach. I have no problems with himbeing GM though.

Camby: Clippers Can Still Make Playoffs
Clippers center Marcus Camby is optimistic about the team's playoff chances despite their rough start to the season.

"I think guys are honestly really committed to turning this thing around," Clippers forward Marcus Camby said Tuesday. "We still feel like we have a chance to make the playoffs. It may seem bleak because of where we're at right now, but we still have 70-plus games to go."

Los Angeles is 1-9 through their first ten games.

Via Los Angeles Daily News

Marcus you're a nice guy and all but please put the pipe down.
embarassed.gif

btw I hope we land Derozan or B.Griffin in the 09 draft
pimp.gif

Clippers center Marcus Camby is optimistic about the team's playoff chances despite their rough start to the season.

"I think guys are honestly really committed to turning this thing around," Clippers forward Marcus Camby said Tuesday. "We still feel like we have a chance to make the playoffs. It may seem bleak because of where we're at right now, but we still have 70-plus games to go."

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
The clips can still make the 8th place...

As for Marbury, really now?
Why even waste the time and money?

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif

I guess I'm glad Camby's thinking that way, but the team would have to start playing exponentially better and I just don't see it happening. Iagree the best thing we have to look forward to this season is a nice draft slot.

Back
Top Bottom