Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

lawdog1

Supporter
Mods -- lock this if there already is a Clippers season thread, but I couldn't find it.

I just had to express frustration about the game tonight. Yes, I know they still need time to come together and this is the first game Camby played, but thisgame was still really frustrating. How could MD Sr. just let Milsap continue to destroy them? Milsap was obviously killing Tim Thomas and Dunleavy just let ithappen. Sometimes I really hate the way he manages line-ups. Oh well, on to the Lakers I guess.

Man...you're telling me

I had a huge bet on Clippers +6.5 before Camby got accounced in, then Davis got announced in and the line dropped to +3

I really thought tonight Clipps would get the win, they came out strong...not sure what the hell happened after that

The 4th had to have been god awful to watch

Damn, I didn't think this team would be good, but 0-4? I hope Baron's happy. Nelson's system (
sick.gif
) really let him flourish.

Rough start to the season so far .. I was hoping we could get a handful of wins during this home stretch because our next game outside of L.A. isn't untilthe 19th .. It's just going to get tougher once we're actually on the road ..

Before the season started I was hoping that we would be able to compete for the 8th spot at least .. I know we're only 4 games in, but things aren'tlooking good now .. Of course the injuries doesn't help either ..

I would like to see Gordon get some minutes though instead of being put in during garbage time .. Hopefully things get better in a hurry
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Damn, I didn't think this team would be good, but 0-4? I hope Baron's happy. Nelson's system (
sick.gif
) really let him flourish.

B.Diddy been playing hurt though

Hope everyone can STAY healthy now that we have everyone back, so we can finally start building some chemistry.Our 4th quarters have also been killing us, so Dunleavy needs to rethink his game plan on finishing games.

Very slow start, but its a loooong season and I truly believe that we'll pick up the slack and atleast be .500 upon the All Star break. The main key tosuccess is keeping everyone healthy and injury-free (*knocks on wood)

Gordon needs more PT for pete's sake and I think once Camby and Baron gel with the rest of the team we should be able to pull out W's in the 4thqtr(unlike what's happened the last two games). These 1st 10 games are KILLER tho!
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Gordon needs more PT for pete's sake and I think once Camby and Baron gel with the rest of the team we should be able to pull out W's in the 4th qtr(unlike what's happened the last two games). These 1st 10 games are KILLER tho!
tired.gif
Seriously. I can't remember a previous season where the team played so many playoff teams from the previous season all in a row. Crazyschedule.

Still, what bother me is that this Clipper team should know that, at least as of right now, their best chance of winning games is to play harder than the otherteam and do all the little things. I don't see them doing that. They definitely got out-hustled last night down the stretch, which is pretty inexcuseableto me. The T.V. and radio guys are blaming it on conditioning, so hopefully that improves.

Clippers Shopping Kaman?

According to a report in the New York Post, the Clippers are interested in trading Chris Kaman.

The Bobcats have been active in trade talks to upgrade their club and are reportedly interested.

Sources say, however, that Charlotte has no one of consequence Mike Dunleavy desires.

The teams are believed to be looking for a third team to get involved.

Via New York Post

Also, CAT is rumored to be expendable as well.
pimp.gif

btw these next 6 games appear to be very winnable
wink.gif

laugh.gif
we better not be shopping kaman.
I heard about Cat which i don't really mind.

let the EG era begin already.
pimp.gif

They can't get rid of the Caveman!
Cat I could live without but damn, Caveman and Camby is going to be a great combo once they get accustomed to each other.
Even if it is for Wallace, I think we are better off with the Caveman.

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
OI OIIIIIIIIIII

WHY KAMAN?!? We should shop Tim Thomas or Cat or Ricky Davis instead.

Hope the win last game will give us momentum to take the next couple games (SAC, GSW, SAN, OKC, PHI, and NJN).

^ Kaman hasn't been able to contain those undersized PF's(i.e. Millsap, Landry, Scola, etc..) so I assume that's why he's being shopped. G-Dubisn't what we need but I'd gladly accept him if R.Davis and/or Trash Thomas were leaving. btw Camby might as well be our starting C imo.

Originally Posted by CityByTheSea

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
OI OIIIIIIIIIII

WHY KAMAN?!? We should shop Tim Thomas or Cat or Ricky Davis instead.

Hope the win last game will give us momentum to take the next couple games (SAC, GSW, SAN, OKC, PHI, and NJN).
Oi oiiiiiii, marbury for kaman lets get it.....

Wouldn't Chicago be an ideal place for Kaman?

Not sure if they have anything that interests the Clippers though.

^ Chi has some very interesting pieces but Dun SR has since squashed the Kaman trade rumors so now back to our dismal season.
tired.gif

Clippers Shopping Kaman?

According to a report in the New York Post, the Clippers are interested in trading Chris Kaman.

The Bobcats have been active in trade talks to upgrade their club and are reportedly interested.

Sources say, however, that Charlotte has no one of consequence Mike Dunleavy desires.

The teams are believed to be looking for a third team to get involved.

Via New York Post

New York Post huh? I'd rather wait until another source confirms. During the offseason, the New York Post reported a bunch of fabricatedstories about Monta Ellis. Warrior fans know that at that time there was no way in hell we were trading Monta Ellis. I don't see how you guys are shoppingCaveman. At least to me, it doesn't make sense.
ohwell.gif

^ Chi has some very interesting pieces but Dun SR has since squashed the Kaman trade rumors so now back to our dismal season.
tired.gif
Oh ok, so the Kaman rumors were shut down by Dunleavy, Sr... nevermind then
laugh.gif

According to Clippers coach and general manager Mike Dunleavy, Kaman really doesn't have anything to worry about.

The Clippers did have a brief talk with the Bobcats involving Kaman, but the discussion died rather quickly, Dunleavy said.

``Everybody who understands the NBA understands it's a dance,'' Dunleavy said. ``This one started out by somebody saying I like your guy. ... (and being informed) Oh, you don't want to dance with me?

``So they got the rejection and then they threw it out (to the press), `Hey I almost had a dance with somebody.' ''

In other words: Charlotte called, said they liked Kaman, the Clippers listened --as NBA teams always do --and asked what the Bobcats would offer in return. They didn't really like any of the pieces the Bobcats had or could offer, and the talks died.

Kaman ain't going ANYWHERE
pimp.gif

^ Neither is our team with the way we've been playing late in the 4th qtr. We might need to re-consider that Kaman/Mobley trade if we stay stuck in the mudfor the next 10 games.
grin.gif

I was at the game last night
eyes.gif

The Clips are terrible on D, Beno was just flying by Baron Davis, which probably wont make Dunleavy happy. You can tell the team hasn't gelled yet, sincethey get lost on Defense. Once Kaman and Camby get acquainted, it is going to make it tough to score inside. Right now, the D is like swiss cheese.

Can't believe Beno had a career night last night,
smh.gif

This is really your guys season thread? Wow.

Ws versus Clippers on Sat, any of you going?

Sean Williams On The Block?
Forward Sean Williams has played only 25 minutes this season and appears to be buried on the Nets' depth chart, but he may soon have a new destination to call home.

According to a report in the New York Daily News, a team source has said that the Nets have been shopping Williams. Recent reports that have also suggested that the team may send him to the development league appear to be false, according to head coach Lawrence Frank.

"No, we haven't talked about that," he said.

Via New York Daily News

We should make a run at him IMO.

Back
Top Bottom