Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

This is really your guys season thread? Wow.

Ws versus Clippers on Sat, any of you going?
We don't have a bunch of bandwagon fans talking about school, poker, dvd collections and other ridiculous subjects...

I don't like sean williams at all. Unless we're trading Ricky Davis.

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

This is really your guys season thread? Wow.

Ws versus Clippers on Sat, any of you going?
We don't have a bunch of bandwagon fans talking about school, poker, dvd collections and other ridiculous subjects...

If I could delete said posts, I would...and that usually occurs on non-game days. Just figured you'd have some Boom followers jumping over tohere. Didn't mean my comment in a negative way.

I hear you but this dude has tremendous athleticism and might help solve our issues with those undersized PF's. Camby can't guard theother teams C & PF when Kaman disappears defensively.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I was at the game last night
eyes.gif

The Clips are terrible on D, Beno was just flying by Baron Davis, which probably wont make Dunleavy happy. You can tell the team hasn't gelled yet, since they get lost on Defense. Once Kaman and Camby get acquainted, it is going to make it tough to score inside. Right now, the D is like swiss cheese.

Can't believe Beno had a career night last night,
smh.gif

Seriously. Beno was doing whatever he wanted out there. When he threw in a turn-around, kind of jump hook in the 4th quarter, I knew we were done. This hasbeen a problem ever since the playoff run in '06. The Clippers just come out totally flat far too much, especially against the weaker teams. I don'tknow if its Dunleavy or the just the personalities of the guys we have on the team. Disappointing though.

I'm definitely in favor of shaking up the roster a bit. Mobley and Thomas are definitely expendable to me, but I wouldn't trade Kaman. I like a fewmore games to see how the Kaman/Camby combo works.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I hear you but this dude has tremendous athleticism and might help solve our issues with those undersized PF's. Camby can't guard the other teams C & PF when Kaman disappears defensively.
ohwell.gif

It's not all Kaman though. When Milsap killed the Clippers, it was mostly Tim Thomas that he destroyed. It was a complete joke; I couldn't believewhat I was watching - especially that it didn't occur to Dunleavy that there was a problem.

Tim Thomas is getting his numbers though...

...it's not translating to wins.

How is Thornton looking?

laugh.gif
I've been wanting to trade Ricky, but after lastnights game lets see how long he continues to shoot like that before we throw him away. Im starting to hate CAT though...

As for Sean Williams, i think we're pretty good down low with Thomas, Camby, Kaman, Skinner, and P. Davis (dude steppin up
laugh.gif
).

.....And E-Go with 13 mins vs Kings?
smh.gif
No wonder we lost.

How is Thornton looking?
Thornton is looking real SOLID
pimp.gif
Offensively, he plays alotlike Maggette (aggressive) but smarter and with a better J. Defensively, he's solid but still needs a little more work.

Can't wait for tomorrow's game, for we match up pretty good with the Warriors. I expect Al to drop numbers tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

How is Thornton looking?
TT getting his #'s and us not winning =
eyes.gif

Thornton is the new maggette
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

How is Thornton looking?
TT getting his #'s and us not winning =
eyes.gif

Thornton is the new maggette
laugh.gif

But better and with more upside IMO. Unlike Maggette, I think Al really wants to win and not just put up #s.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

But better and with more upside IMO. Unlike Maggette, I think Al really wants to win and not just put up #s.
Meaning that he's our new 20 ppg player.
smokin.gif

btw I agree with the comment above mine.
tired.gif

A Brutal Beginning
Authored by Drew Decker - November 14, 2008 - 5:34 pm via realgm.com

After defeating the Dallas Mavericks for their first win of the young season, the Los Angeles Clippers seemed poised to start making some noise in the Pacific Division. Unfortunately, the Kevin Martin-less Kings had other ideas and handed the Clippers a horrific loss on Wednesday night at the Staples Center.

Although they are currently tied with Oklahoma City for the worst record in the league at 1-7, there is reason for optimism. The remainder of this article will briefly examine the Good, Bad and Ugly elements of the first eight games for the other NBA team in Los Angeles.

The Good

• Baron Davis, Marcus Camby and Chris Kaman have actually been able to play on the same court together for the past few games. Baron and Marcus are banged up and battling nagging injuries, but it's encouraging to see both of them playing through the pain.

• Picking up where he left off last year, Kaman is nearly averaging a double-double (12.5 ppg & 9.9 rpg) and remains one of the top low post threats in the game.

• Lightning quick point guard Mike Taylor has already supplanted Jason Hart as Baron's primary backup at the point and should be a fixture in the league for the next decade.

• Before sustaining an ankle injury, Tim Thomas was averaging 14 points and 7 rebounds through the first five games of the year. Consistency has always been an issue for Thomas, but so far he has been a solid contributor in the front court.

The Bad

• The NBA schedule makers certainly didn't do the Clippers any favors by forcing them to open the season against the cream of the Western Conference crop with games against the Lakers (2), Jazz (2), Nuggets, Rockets and Mavericks. The home loss to the Kings really hurt, because the Clips had a golden opportunity to reel off five wins in a row with games coming up against Golden State, injury ravaged San Antonio and Oklahoma City.

• The Clippers three-headed monster of shooting guards, Cutino Mobley, Ricky Davis and Eric Gordon, haven't been able to throw it in the Pacific Ocean for the first eight games. At 39.6%, Mobley is the best of the bunch and consistent production from this position is crucial to the team's success. After an abysmal start, Davis is finally showing signs of turning it around. Although still shooting 33% from the floor and averaging 5.1 ppg, Ricky hit four three-pointers and scored 16 points off the bench against Sacramento.

• In last month's article I wrote that Eric Gordon's ceiling is Vinnie Johnson with better range. Although he is only eight games into his NBA career, EG has done nothing to change that opinion. For the most part, Gordon looks lost when he's on the court and displays about as much intensity as Benoit Benjamin on a good day. It's still early, but it appears as though Gordon's sizeable derrière is mostly going to be keeping the bench warm in his rookie season.

• Word on the street is that Baron and head coach Mike Dunleavy aren't on the same page. Not surprisingly, Davis wants the freedom to freelance on the offensive end of the floor. Conversely, Dunleavy wants his point guard to run plays every time up the court. Baron achieved a great deal of success in Golden State with his frenetic style of play and Dunleavy needs to turn his thoroughbred point guard loose or the number in the loss column will continue to rise.

The Ugly

• Mike Dunleavy's face when he stays outside too long and fails to wear any sun block. In the game against the Mavericks the other night, the hue of Dunleavy's face was unlike any I've ever seen.

There are still 74 games to go in the season so it definitely isn't necessary to push the panic button yet. The Clippers roster has enough talent to still win 45+ games, but vast improvement is needed immediately.

The buck stops with Mike Dunleavy and if he can't figure out how to push the right buttons, then this hard luck franchise is looking at back to back 23-59 seasons. I believe the pieces are in place for a successful season, but it remains to be seen if Dunleavy can right the ship.

From the 2-3 Clipper games I've watched, Thornton is still a bit reckless but he's definitely talented (and fun to watch
pimp.gif
).

Clippers Interested In Randolph Again
Zach Randolph's excellent start to the 08-09 season has enhanced his trade value, with one of the teams that pursued him last summer, the Clippers, interested again.

A league source says the Clips are down on center Chris Kaman, but his contract doesn't fit the Knicks' desire for deals that expire after next season, so another team would be necessary to make something happen.

Via Bergen Record

Thoughts. Opinions.

We do need a serviceable PF alongside Camby.
tired.gif

ive always wanted to know what makes people clippers fans instead of lakers fans and vice versa? is it the history, the team the players? or just people fromsan diego that root for the clippers

^ Personally, I've been down since the early 90's(Harper, Manning, Jackson) when they played in So. Central LA at the Sports Arena which was not thatfar from my house. I never wanted to travel to Inglewood(GW Forum) since that was out of my area.

Clippers Interested In Randolph Again
Zach Randolph's excellent start to the 08-09 season has enhanced his trade value, with one of the teams that pursued him last summer, the Clippers, interested again.

A league source says the Clips are down on center Chris Kaman, but his contract doesn't fit the Knicks' desire for deals that expire after next season, so another team would be necessary to make something happen.

Via Bergen Record

Thoughts. Opinions.

We do need a serviceable PF alongside Camby.
tired.gif

While I agree we could use an upgrade at the PF spot, Randolph is not who I would look at first. I'm just not a fan of his.

Personally, while I don't love the roster as it is now, I'm starting to think that the problem with the team is not with the players. I just don'tthink that M.D.Sr. is the right coach for this team. He's not a good fit for a team that is going to be best with an up-tempo, free-flowing style. But,since he's the coach and GM now, I guess we're probably stuck with him.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

ive always wanted to know what makes people clippers fans instead of lakers fans and vice versa? is it the history, the team the players? or just people from san diego that root for the clippers
Pops was a fan and mom worked at the L.A Sports arena/LA Coliseum. I grew up going to a lot of Clippers and SC football games.
mainly because of my pops tho, same reason im an Angels fan
pimp.gif

As far as the boseph rumor im not too sure.

The only players i would be willing to trade are;
Cat
TT
Ricky

As bad as kaman has been playing he's pretty much avg a double double.

I think we need a new coach, ASAP.
tired.gif

It's weird tho, we're 1-8 and im still excited for tonight's game
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

-Edit-
This thread has really picked up the last few days.
laugh.gif

i still remember we had a 40 page "playoff run" thread back when we missed the playoffs by one or two losses
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
at the clipper/warriors rivalry we have here on NT. I love it.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Can't believe Clippers got ran by the Warriors
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I honestly thought Clippers would win
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Your little team still aint going nowhere this season
pimp.gif

See you marks in the lottery.

hahaha... 3 pages long.. this chance has absolutely no chance in making the playoffs. Make some trades and get ready for the lottery.

And fire Dunleavy

Back
Top Bottom