Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

Seriously, if Baron gets traded back to the Warriors for Maggette, it would be one of the biggest "what the hell?" moments in sports history. Notbeing a big fan of either Maggette or Jamal Crawford, I am not in favor of that move for the Clippers. Shopping Baron for someone else, on the other hand, Icould maybe get behind -- depending on who it was. Baron's had some good moments for the Clippers, but overall I have not been that impressed.

Originally Posted by marath0n

I'll be there on Wednesday in the box. Too bad Brand is hurt
frown.gif

EB or not we still need to seek revenge on that team.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Seriously, if Baron gets traded back to the Warriors for Maggette, it would be one of the biggest "what the hell?" moments in sports history. Not being a big fan of either Maggette or Jamal Crawford, I am not in favor of that move for the Clippers. Shopping Baron for someone else, on the other hand, I could maybe get behind -- depending on who it was. Baron's had some good moments for the Clippers, but overall I have not been that impressed.

I'd gladly take Crawford + fillers in exchange for BD in a new york minute
moz-screenshot-6.jpg
nod.gif

CLIPPERS FYI
Baron Davis denies he wants out
By Lisa Dillman, L.A. Times
December 30, 2008
So, are the Clippers going to leave Baron Davis in Northern California and pick up Corey Maggette and Jamal Crawford at Golden State on the way home from Sacramento?

Uh, not quite.

Warriors swingman Stephen Jackson spent some quality time with Davis, his buddy and former teammate, over the weekend in Los Angeles, bonding and talking about old times.

Jackson said that Davis wants to return to the Warriors.

"That's all we talked about. . . . He wants to come back. And if he wants to come back, I want him back," Jackson told the Contra Costa Times.

Davis denied that he is ready to bail off the listing 8-21 Clippers ship.

"No, I don't want out," he told The Times on Monday at practice. "I don't know what Stephen Jackson got from my conversation. That never came out of my mouth.

"I'm here. I'm here doing the same thing I did at Golden State. The first year I got to Golden State it was rough. It was a tough season. We were figuring each other out, figuring out the system. That transition year is always a tough year."

He did confirm some elements of Jackson's account.

"We talked about how I miss playing with him. When you see people, you miss what you had," Davis said. "Obviously, in no way shape or form am I ready to jump ship.

"That's not why I came here. That's not why I committed to come here. I'm committed here to turn this thing around. I like the talent on this team, I like the promise.

"The team is going to get better. My job is to continue to get better and make this year as positive and productive as we possibly can."

Clippers General Manager and Coach Mike Dunleavy was asked whether Davis had asked to be traded. The relationship between Dunleavy and Davis often has been uneasy.

"I haven't had any of those kind of conversations with Baron," Dunleavy said.

Dunleavy said he did not plan to speak to Davis about Jackson's comments.

"You read about guys saying stuff all over the place and you never know what's true and not true, and how it's perceived or not perceived," Dunleavy said. "From our standpoint, he's our player and we're trying to make the best of our situation."

Etc

S-Jax and the rest of DUB faithful can officially put the bong down now
wink.gif

Crapper fan talking about a shook fanbase
laugh.gif
. One minute you will gladly trade him and the next you are back on his compression shorts
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by marath0n

I'll be there on Wednesday in the box. Too bad Brand is hurt
frown.gif

EB or not we still need to seek revenge on that team.
mad.gif

We need to seek revenge on a lot of teams. $@@% yall talking about, our fanbase is solid.

Trying not to be biased...

but the True Clippers Fans >>> any other NBA fans out there.

REAL TALK.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

PR is what SJax did by spreading propaganda to your shook fanbase.
laugh.gif
SHOOK fan base? From a Clipper fan?
eek.gif
roll.gif
Baron left many in your fanbase shook after he bounced back to LA. S-Jax must have been hittin some good cali green when he made those comments inyall local paper.
laugh.gif

anyone buy tickets to the game tonight only to find out brand wont be playing, was saving all my booing energy for him, but we need this W tho

OK. The latest losing streak better end tonight. I know Brand isn't playing, but the Clips still should want to kill his team. A little extra motivationcould make up for the lack of personnel -- at least against the 76ers anyway.

So it's "Bum Dizzle" now? hahah

We'll gladly take him back for [dude that cap's his L's] Faggette [dude that cap's his L's]

If I were the Clippers (and their fans) I would trade Baron for an expiring contract and pick/young player.

So, the other day my friends and I went down to Los Angeles and caught a Clippers game. Unfortunately they lost.

Here are some photos:

Our seats:

Hope you guys enjoy, props to the loyal Clipper fans. Happy holidays.

Jesus Christ Staples is dead
laugh.gif
. I wish the people in the Bay were this unfaithful, Cohan would be gone by now.

Originally Posted by daprescription

laugh.gif
. I wish the people in the Bay were this unfaithful, Cohan would be gone by now.

New Years eve in L.A...

There's actually things to do in our city.

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

laugh.gif

New Years eve in L.A...

There's actually things to do in our city.
b0c50cac364b33679c9a97cfe2cc49d0-getty-83005982ng011_mavs_clips.jpg

Every day must be new years eve in LA
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

New Years Eve game and you post that bull $%@

btw I was @ that game and nice pics up there.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom