Clippers Season Thread (Back to reality - Loss at Sac)

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

btw I was @ that game and nice pics up there.
pimp.gif
Thanks, where were your seats?
Can't believe the dude won 300, then had it doubled afterwards
laugh.gif
Then there was that couple who wouldn't kiss, then got booed, then kissed and the crowd cheered
roll.gif

I was lucky to get my camera inside, first entrance told me I had to bring it back to the car and another told me not to get caught
smokin.gif

somebody is selling courtside seats for $150 a piece for tomorrows game (supposedly $1500 face value)
if i wasnt hurting from xmas i would probably go
eyes.gif

318 row 1
pimp.gif
eek.gif
319. Forgot what row though haha.
Got some wrist bands from the workers
smokin.gif

The Fred Jones dunk was pretty nice too, but his shot was off most of the night.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

somebody is selling courtside seats for $150 a piece for tomorrows game (supposedly $1500 face value)
eyes.gif
I really need to move down there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

eyes.gif
I really need to move down there
laugh.gif

that usually doesnt happen. it seemed like somebody somehow got a couple free tix and wanted to just unload them for any $$ possible

Originally Posted by Luong1209

318 row 1
pimp.gif
eek.gif
319. Forgot what row though haha.
Got some wrist bands from the workers
smokin.gif

The Fred Jones dunk was pretty nice too, but his shot was off most of the night.

Yeah that jam was crazy. F.Jones has showed me more in 4 games than Bricky Davis has all season.
smh.gif

[h2]Clippers Waive Paul Davis And Fred Jones[/h2]
Jan 05, 2009 4:45 PM EST

lac_40.gif
The Los Angeles Clippers today waivedforward Paul Davis and guard Fred Jones General Manager and Head Coach Mike Dunleavy announced. Drafted by the Clippers in the second round of the 2006 NBADraft (34th overall) out of Michigan State, Davis appeared in 80 games for the Clippers from 2006-2008, making two starts and averaging 2.2 points and 2.0rebounds in his career. This season, Davis played in 27 games, averaging 4.0 points and 2.5 rebounds in 11.5 minutes per game. Jones appeared in five gameswith the Clippers this season after signing with Los Angeles as a free agent on Dec. 28. Jones averaged 6.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, and 1.4 assists in 19.6minutes with the Clippers.

I'm surprised they cut Paul Davis..guess this means a trade is imminent and more PT for DeAndre Jordan
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

[h2]Clippers Waive Paul Davis And Fred Jones[/h2]
Jan 05, 2009 4:45 PM EST

lac_40.gif
The Los Angeles Clippers today waived forward Paul Davis and guard Fred Jones General Manager and Head Coach Mike Dunleavy announced. Drafted by the Clippers in the second round of the 2006 NBA Draft (34th overall) out of Michigan State, Davis appeared in 80 games for the Clippers from 2006-2008, making two starts and averaging 2.2 points and 2.0 rebounds in his career. This season, Davis played in 27 games, averaging 4.0 points and 2.5 rebounds in 11.5 minutes per game. Jones appeared in five games with the Clippers this season after signing with Los Angeles as a free agent on Dec. 28. Jones averaged 6.6 points, 1.6 rebounds, and 1.4 assists in 19.6 minutes with the Clippers.

I'm surprised they cut Paul Davis..guess this means a trade is imminent and more PT for DeAndre Jordan
nerd.gif
This must mean that some other people are definitely on the way. Davis was one of the few healthy bodies they have left. No way the cut himunless the team knows for sure someone is going to be replacing him. I bit surprised by the Jones thing. I thought Dunleavy was generally pretty happy withhow he played since he signed. Again, it must be because someone else is coming.

Here is something I just read on line. I'm not so sure I like this for the Clippers, as, notwithstanding the Baron signing, I have no confidence in themlanding any real coveted free agents.
From http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11126http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11126

Reports from the New York Daily News this morning suggest the Knicks covet Clipper's big man Marcus Camby, and may be involved in a three-way tradediscussion with the Blazers and Clippers. Although Knicks president Donnie Walsh denied the rumor last night, despite multiple sources saying it was beingdiscussed. For the Knicks end, they are rumored to be sending out Lee and possibly Quentin Richardson, and would return Camby and possibly Channing Frye. TheBlazers would pick up David Lee, with the Clippers likely getting Richardson and or the ending contract of injured Raef LaFrentz. Insurance begins payingLaFrentz's final 41 games in just a couple of weeks making him an ending deal, which has no salary payments attached, making him a free player for theClippers. Such a move would then put the Clippers under the salary cap this July where they could look to retool using LaFrentz space and some of their rosterduplication. There is also a belief that Donnie Walsh may covet Clipper's point guard Baron Davis and may be willing to move the ending contract of StephonMarbury should the Clippers show interest in a deal. The only way that works is if Clippers GM and head coach Mike Dunleavy concedes that the long rumoredconflict between him and Baron Davis is unrepairable, and chooses to dump him on the Knicks. Acquiring the ending deal of Raef LaFrentz and the ending deal ofStephon Marbury would put the Clippers roughly $20 million under next year's expected salary cap. And for the salary cap fiends out there - The Knicksgetting Marcus Camby, Channing Frye, Ricky Davis and Baron Davis, The Clippers getting Stephon Marbury and Raef LaFrentz, The Blazers getting Jason Hart, DavidLee and Brian Skinner - works under the cap.

We better not deal Camby.
mad.gif

Also, I hope we can re-sign F.Jones after Wednesday. P.Davis pissed me off alot this season so good riddance playa.
grin.gif

The knicks can actually make the playoffs if this happens.. only thing is wouldn't takin baron's contract hurt there salary cap plans

Originally Posted by bright nikes

damn cambys been ballin.

dunleavy has no idea what hes doing
smh.gif
I think the idea is that Camby's trade value is very high right now and, at 34, he's not part of the long range plans. Trading him forplayers with expiring contracts will clear cap space. All that said, I still don't like it. Making this move basically is a concession that the team isyears away from even being a playoff contender. I don't know if I agree with that. Also, I don't know how much sense it makes for the Clippers toclear cap space. The Davis signing notwithstanding, what are the chances that this team can sign and really big FAs in the next couple years? Not that greatif you ask me.

Jones starts one day and is waived the next? You know you franchise is in trouble when...

Samb to the rescue!

Stackhouse and Josh Howard for Camby and Tim Thomas.

Stack's contract expires after this year and Josh's does next year.

I think once Zbo, Kaman, Taylor and Barren come back trading Camby will be a non-issue. Too bad they all might return around or after the trade deadline.
frown.gif

It definitely is a surprise that out of all the 3 centers, Camby is the one that stayed healthy but damn, we can't lose Camby.
Desperate move from an injury plagued team.
I still got hope for the Clips.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Stackhouse and Josh Howard for Camby and Tim Thomas.

Stack's contract expires after this year and Josh's does next year.

Tim thomas isn't with the clippers

"I'm looking to trade 20-rebound guys every day," Dunleavy said sarcastically. "I liked Marcus before we got him. I love him even more now."

smokin.gif

Hopefully, that's not just posturing by Dunleavy.

Clippers Acquire Adams From Toronto

The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired guard/forward Hassan Adams and cash considerations from the Toronto Raptors in exchange for a future conditional second round draft pick. An Inglewood native who played at Westchester High School, Adams has appeared in 12 games with Toronto this season, averaging 0.9 points, 0.6 rebounds and 0.1 assists in 4.3 minutes per game. Adams, 24, was originally drafted in the second round (54th overall) of the 2006 NBA Draft by New Jersey after a stellar career at the University of Arizona. Adams played in 61 games and made eight starts for the Nets in 2006-07, averaging 2.9 points per game. Adams spent the 2007-08 season in Italy, playing with Ignis Draghi Novara and Siviglia Wear Teramo before signing with the Raptors as a free agent on July 8, 2008.

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom