CLIPPERS vs LAKERS game thread 10/29

Because they talk the most %@!$ when they think their wack team is going to be good, when they really aren't. Talking about everybody hoping on their bandwagon when they got Baron
laugh.gif
exactly, I remember last year mjshoefanatic was arguing with people about how the Clipper were the better team on paper and were definitely goingto be the better team. I was fine with that because its normal for a fan to think their team is going to be decent, but when they started talking recklessabout a #@$!%@# preseason game, thats why they are catching flak.

Seriously, who talks @%#@ about a preseason game?
laugh.gif

I remember him talking crap about the Lakers losing in game 6 of the championship. LOL, the Clippers dont even have a division title
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Because they talk the most %@!$ when they think their wack team is going to be good, when they really aren't. Talking about everybody hoping on their bandwagon when they got Baron
laugh.gif
exactly, I remember last year mjshoefanatic was arguing with people about how the Clipper were the better team on paper and were definitely going to be the better team. I was fine with that because its normal for a fan to think their team is going to be decent, but when they started talking reckless about a #@$!%@# preseason game, thats why they are catching flak.

Seriously, who talks @%#@ about a preseason game?
laugh.gif

I remember him talking crap about the Lakers losing in game 6 of the championship. LOL, the Clippers dont even have a division title
laugh.gif

i hate how everyone posts pics of that greedy green team owning us in the championship...as if their team even made it...heres how i see it dont run your mouthif your team didnt even make it far as we did or get out of the first round and even made the postseason

Even though I support both squads and probably know more about the Lakers and have been to enough games at the Forum, Staples and even to those summer leaguegames at the Pyramid in CSULB back in the day than a majority of you folks, reading some of the comments here makes me want to hate on the Lakers but I justcan't! I mean ya all wonder why there are so many people that hate Laker fans? Well reading some of the comments here is a good indication of why.
smh.gif

I mean last night the Vato Locos aka Laker/Dodger/Raider fans were shouting Clippers SUCK Clippers SUCK, booing Clipper fans, throwing #%*% at em, startingfights with Clipper fans and being all obnoxious. And I am just thinking man this is only the Clippers whoopie dooo, its the same ol Clippers. I mean lets dothis against the Spurs or the Suns than be obnoxious.

MJShoefanatic is a Clipper homer. The guy was in denial and was saying dont buy into the propganda when all the rumors were going on about Elton Brand, CoreyMagette leaving the Clippers. Gee look what happened this past summer.

He isnt posting here because he's busy posting his homer comments on the Lakers thread on ISS.

Originally Posted by CityByTheSea

I dunno if this has been asked nor did I get to watch the game in its entirety, but are the Lakers just that good or are the Clippers just that bad?
The Lakers are a REALLY good team. I don't think anyone is touching them this year.

As for the Clipps, its gonna take time to gel and create some chemistry for we have 9 new players out of a 14 man roster. Moreover, we never got enough time to practice and build the relationship during the preseason due to injuries. Everything looked awful today, and playing the Lakers as our first game of the season doesn't help
laugh.gif

To answer your question, yes we are bad, FOR NOW. Now lets see what we can do against Denver, which on paper looks like we match up very nicely with.
Good analysis. I had a feeling it would take the Clippers a little while to get things together, but I must admit they looked a little worse thanI expected. Kaman just looks lost out there right now. Hopefully, Camby gets back soon so they can start integrating him into things. Friday against Denverwill be a much better test for the Clippers than the Lakers.

As for the Lakers, wow, they really look like a machine right now. When Farmar is throwing down lobs two-handed and Mihm is scoring 10 off the bench in like 3minutes, I'd say there's not much the other team can do.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Even though I support both squads and probably know more about the Lakers and have been to enough games at the Forum, Staples and even to those summer league games at the Pyramid in CSULB back in the day than a majority of you folks, reading some of the comments here makes me want to hate on the Lakers but I just can't! I mean ya all wonder why there are so many people that hate Laker fans? Well reading some of the comments here is a good indication of why.
smh.gif

I mean last night the Vato Locos aka Laker/Dodger/Raider fans were shouting Clippers SUCK Clippers SUCK, booing Clipper fans, throwing #%*% at em, starting fights with Clipper fans and being all obnoxious. And I am just thinking man this is only the Clippers whoopie dooo, its the same ol Clippers. I mean lets do this against the Spurs or the Suns than be obnoxious.

That actually has to be the worst anciallary affect of the Raiders leaving town. When the Raiders were still in L.A., that kind of behavior was pretty muchconfined to Raider games and Raider fans. Then, once the Raiders left and the Lakers started winning championships again, it was like those kinds of fansall-of-a-sudden realized there were other teams in town. Its annoying.

Even though I support both squads and probably know more about the Lakers and have been to enough games at the Forum, Staples and even to those summer league games at the Pyramid in CSULB back in the day than a majority of you folks, reading some of the comments here makes me want to hate on the Lakers but I just can't! I mean ya all wonder why there are so many people that hate Laker fans? Well reading some of the comments here is a good indication of why.
smh.gif

I mean last night the Vato Locos aka Laker/Dodger/Raider fans were shouting Clippers SUCK Clippers SUCK, booing Clipper fans, throwing #%*% at em, starting fights with Clipper fans and being all obnoxious. And I am just thinking man this is only the Clippers whoopie dooo, its the same ol Clippers. I mean lets do this against the Spurs or the Suns than be obnoxious.
I got nothing against you and respect you as a Laker fan, but you can take that Holier Than Though attitude somewhere else. You think if it wasthe other way around last night that Clipper fans would be up in this mug not talking trash? Not giving us a hard time? Hell, after the damn finals, fans ofother teams we're giving us more of a hard time than Celtics fans themselves in our Season/Post Season thread.

You got mjshoefanatic talking up all this garbage in our pre-season thread about how the Clips whooped on the Lakers. Rightfully so they did, in thepre-season. And they deserved to trash talk and banter with us as a fan. But that doesn't negate that we can trash talk it up with them in return if we gotthe win.

This is the same way with all other teams in all kinds of sports. As a fan, you're either going to give the opposing team's fans crap, or you'regoing to take it on the other end. It's cool to be objective, but when you start walking and talking with that Holier Than Though fan type of biz, thenyou're just as annoying as the fans that you despise.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

MJShoefanatic is a Clipper homer. The guy was in denial and was saying dont buy into the propganda when all the rumors were going on about Elton Brand, Corey Magette leaving the Clippers. Gee look what happened this past summer.

He isnt posting here because he's busy posting his homer comments on the Lakers thread on ISS.
What the hell is a 30 year old man doing posting on iss?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Man, the Clippers are pathetic.

Where's mjshoefanatic gassing up that 30+ point win in the preseason against the Lakers?

I never gassed the preseason W. I was just LOL @ us being ultra-competitive in that game after being thrown together over the summer.

btw I was at the game last night like the REAL clipper fan that I am smart guy.
tired.gif

Anyways, Lakes looked like the defending WC Champs they are and w/ Baron playing limited minutes due to that finger injury and Camby(bruised heel) M.I.A. Ireally didn't expect much from my team but a 38 point loss is ridiculous and WE WILL BOUNCE BACK!!! 1 down 81 more left.
grin.gif

kudos to all the Laker fans in the house last night that acted civilized to me before/after the game
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

MJShoefanatic is a Clipper homer. The guy was in denial and was saying dont buy into the propganda when all the rumors were going on about Elton Brand, Corey Magette leaving the Clippers. Gee look what happened this past summer.

smh.gif

I've been an ISS member since 03 scumbag
indifferent.gif

smh.gif

I got nothing against you and respect you as a Laker fan, but you can take that Holier Than Though attitude somewhere else. You think if it was the other way around last night that Clipper fans would be up in this mug not talking trash? Not giving us a hard time? Hell, after the damn finals, fans of other teams we're giving us more of a hard time than Celtics fans themselves in our Season/Post Season thread.

You got mjshoefanatic talking up all this garbage in our pre-season thread about how the Clips whooped on the Lakers. Rightfully so they did, in the pre-season. And they deserved to trash talk and banter with us as a fan. But that doesn't negate that we can trash talk it up with them in return if we got the win.

This is the same way with all other teams in all kinds of sports. As a fan, you're either going to give the opposing team's fans crap, or you're going to take it on the other end. It's cool to be objective, but when you start walking and talking with that Holier Than Though fan type of biz, then you're just as annoying as the fans that you despise.
So it all boils down to one NTer that got every Laker fan here hating on the Clips.. mjshoefanatic.
roll.gif

Holier Than Though?
laugh.gif
Hardly just wanted to let folks know that Iain't no bandwagoner Laker fan and there are Laker fans like myself that are classy and don't need to chastize and talk down to other opposing teams. Sure it's always good to have some friendly rivalry and trash talking is part of sports but there is no need to take it to another level which I saw firsthand last night. I remember I was at that Laker vs Spurs WCF 2nd game when they won big and Laker fans were throwing peanuts and trash at Spurs fans who leftearly. I thought that was just bad taste. But its all good fans will be fans, its just I am starting to understand why there are so many Laker haters thesedays.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

smh.gif

I've been an ISS member since 03 scumbag
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Why is everyone giving clipper fans such a hard time?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ this dub fan barking about "wack team"

Where's mjshoefanatic gassing up that 30+ point win in the preseason against the Lakers?

I never gassed the preseason W. I was just LOL @ us being ultra-competitive in that game after being thrown together over the summer.

tired.gif

Anyways, Lakes looked like the defending WC Champs they are and w/ Baron playing limited minutes due to that finger injury and Camby(bruised heel) M.I.A. I really didn't expect much from my team but a 38 point loss is ridiculous and WE WILL BOUNCE BACK!!! 1 down 81 more left.
grin.gif

kudos to all the Laker fans in the house last night that acted civilized to me before/after the game
pimp.gif
If this isn't gassing that victory up then I don't know what is.

^ To be the defending Pac Divsion/WC champs you guys sure looked like stiffs out there vs us and Utah.

btw remember our team was just thrown together during the offseason and we still managed to beat your cohesive laker team by 27 even w/o Camby and E-Go
roll.gif

You can read you're back track from page 20-22 in our season thread. I ain't got nothing against you. If anything, I respect you here as aClippers fan even though you take any chance to swipe at us Laker fans, but then again, you have the right to as a rival. Just know, you fire shots, we firingback. It's sports. If everyone didn't talk crap, being a fan wouldn't be fun. Period.

BTW, Nice doing business with you Clipper faithful!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Why is everyone giving clipper fans such a hard time?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ this dub fan barking about "wack team"
Difference is, I knew my team would suck . . . and we didn't get smashed on by 38
laugh.gif

KB8 you obviously read into my comments a little too much but it is what it is. See you next week @ LAL
glasses.gif

DP I still don't think my team is wack after just our 1st loss of the season unlike a dub fan.
eyes.gif

tired.gif

Anyways, Lakes looked like the defending WC Champs they are and w/ Baron playing limited minutes due to that finger injury and Camby(bruised heel) M.I.A. I really didn't expect much from my team but a 38 point loss is ridiculous and WE WILL BOUNCE BACK!!! 1 down 81 more left.
grin.gif

pimp.gif
If this isn't gassing that victory up then I don't know what is.

^ To be the defending Pac Divsion/WC champs you guys sure looked like stiffs out there vs us and Utah.

btw remember our team was just thrown together during the offseason and we still managed to beat your cohesive laker team by 27 even w/o Camby and E-Go
roll.gif
You can read you're back track from page 20-22 in our season thread. I ain't got nothing against you. If anything, I respect you here as a Clippers fan even though you take any chance to swipe at us Laker fans, but then again, you have the right to as a rival. Just know, you fire shots, we firing back. It's sports. If everyone didn't talk crap, being a fan wouldn't be fun. Period.

BTW, Nice doing business with you Clipper faithful!
wink.gif

laugh.gif
i was going to find this comment too along with the comment of himtalking smack about the Lakers losing in the championship last year. Keep downplaying it man

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

cmon clips!!!! i wish you showed those LA FakerGirls how to run the court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess well just have 2 do it again.

Too bad, the Lakers ran the Clippers literally out of the Staples Center.

You know we got Christmas day circled for your Celtics.

me too, i got it circled, highlighted, spellchecked, and branded on. cant wait should be good (hopefully andy's in there so there'll be even MORElegitimate smash talk from laker fans)
pimp.gif

smh.gif

I got nothing against you and respect you as a Laker fan, but you can take that Holier Than Though attitude somewhere else. You think if it was the other way around last night that Clipper fans would be up in this mug not talking trash? Not giving us a hard time? Hell, after the damn finals, fans of other teams we're giving us more of a hard time than Celtics fans themselves in our Season/Post Season thread.

You got mjshoefanatic talking up all this garbage in our pre-season thread about how the Clips whooped on the Lakers. Rightfully so they did, in the pre-season. And they deserved to trash talk and banter with us as a fan. But that doesn't negate that we can trash talk it up with them in return if we got the win.

This is the same way with all other teams in all kinds of sports. As a fan, you're either going to give the opposing team's fans crap, or you're going to take it on the other end. It's cool to be objective, but when you start walking and talking with that Holier Than Though fan type of biz, then you're just as annoying as the fans that you despise.
So it all boils down to one NTer that got every Laker fan here hating on the Clips.. mjshoefanatic.
roll.gif

Holier Than Though?
laugh.gif
Hardly just wanted to let folks know that I ain't no bandwagoner Laker fan and there are Laker fans like myself that are classy and don't need to chastize and talk down to other opposing teams. Sure it's always good to have some friendly rivalry and trash talking is part of sports but there is no need to take it to another level which I saw first hand last night. I remember I was at that Laker vs Spurs WCF 2nd game when they won big and Laker fans were throwing peanuts and trash at Spurs fans who left early. I thought that was just bad taste. But its all good fans will be fans, its just I am starting to understand why there are so many Laker haters these days.
It doesn't boil down to mjshoefanatic. Although we give him the most crap, dude is on the frontlines with his Clips and talking back on us. Ofcourse, we're going to single him out. Dude is that down with his squad that he'll fire at us. Much respect at that. It's not like he's Zodogg.

Just imagine if we took the L against the Blazers. You damn well know Chester is going to go hard at our dude CP. Sorry bruh if I used you as example but thatcame to my mind first as one. Knowing that, I damn well know, if the Lakers take the L against the Clippers the next time around, I'm sure mjshoefanaticand other Clippers fans would come at us hard. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if I got singled out.

But I damn well know, if I'm going to dish out the trash, I better be able to take it on the other end.

KB8 you obviously read into my comments a little too much but it is what it is. See you next week @ LAL
glasses.gif

DP I still don't think my team is wack after just our 1st loss of the season unlike a dub fan.
eyes.gif
If I did read into it too much, then that's my bad. But we're rival fans, we're suppose to give each other crap and misread stuff whenwe're heated when it comes to sports talk.

But you know I got the 5th of Nov on lock. Hopefully Camby is back that game. I'd like to see how we'd do against a 100 percent Clippers squad.

On a side note, tell your boy Ricky Davis to stop making his shots on NBA 2K9. Clippers on Superstar are nothing to mess with.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom