CLIPPERS vs LAKERS game thread 10/29

I dunno if this has been asked nor did I get to watch the game in its entirety, but are the Lakers just that good or are the Clippers just that bad?

clips look like they gonna be a 30 win team at best.....

lakers look on point the first 2 games this year.....

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I dunno if this has been asked nor did I get to watch the game in its entirety, but are the Lakers just that good or are the Clippers just that bad?
I'd say a mixture of both.

They played without Camby so I'll give the Clips that.

But still, getting blown out by 38 is pathetic.

Replay is on ESPN right now if you want to catch it. Still the 1st qtr.

The Lakers are a REALLY good team. I don't think anyone is touching them this year.

As for the Clipps, its gonna take time to gel and create some chemistry for we have 9 new players out of a 14 man roster. Moreover, we never got enough time topractice and build the relationship during the preseason due to injuries. Everything looked awful today, and playing the Lakers as our first game of the seasondoesn't help
laugh.gif

To answer your question, yes we are bad, FOR NOW. Now lets see what we can do against Denver, which on paper looks like we match up very nicely with.

What a spanking tonight. Denver on Saturday should be a good test to see where we are at right now.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

What a spanking tonight. Denver on Saturday should be a good test to see where we are at right now.

indifferent.gif

denver really? the team they sweep at last year's playoffs and ..without camby? ...nah

First test will be vs HOU

^ yup that Houston game is going to be quite a matchup indeed
pimp.gif
cant waitto see Kobe play against tough defenders like Battier and Artest.

--LAKERS!! Straight embarrased the Clips tonight...
--Ariza stepped up his shooting game...
--12 players on the board. Wow.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I wish Turiaf was still here. He'd like this.
frown.gif

ohwell.gif
...yehh i didnt get a chance to see him dancing against thehornets...anyways what a game...i didnt think the cLips were gonna get murked as bad as they did...it was a good game untiL 2nd qtr
laugh.gif
...everyone did their part...D'd up and I LOVE OUR BENCH!!...stupid kobe waswas off today 3 TOs in the 1st but our team
eek.gif
...trevor and jordan improvedtheir game for sure...fisher with the bombs, drew with his d, mihm with his tip-ins...anyways everyone scored
pimp.gif
...i hope we keep this intensity throughout the rest of the 80 games...btw wheresthat cLipper nation at?!...no where to be found?...props to CityByTheSea for posting after the game

i think today showed who owns stapLes...j/k
nerd.gif

We've played 8 quarters, and won all 8 of em. That's hard to do, no matter who you play. Usually you let up in the 4th or something and the otherteam can get some garbage buckets.

But when we "let up" in the 4th, we're putting out Walton, and Mihm, both starters two years ago, Farmar and Sasha, major contributors, andPowell.
eek.gif
That's just crazy.

Ska, I totally hear what you're saying, but I don't see Farmar leaving because by the time his contract comes up, we will have the money to pay him waymore then any other team. Kobe will be close to moving on, and it will clearly be Farmar and Bynum's team. And fface it, being the point guard for the LALakers is a helluva lot more prestigous then being the point guard for the Orlando Magic, or Bucks, or Bobcats or whoever. He'll be a celebrity in LA. Heknows that, he's grown up seeing it. But we'll see.

We look good so far, but don't mean nothin unless we stay healthy and keep up the good D all season.

Clip fans, ya'll need to check in this morning, you guys were pissing me off yesterday, least you can do is come in and rep your team. That is the, howyou guys call us last night, "classy" thing to do.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Clip fans, ya'll need to check in this morning, you guys were pissing me off yesterday, least you can do is come in and rep your team. That is the, how you guys call us last night, "classy" thing to do.
smh.gif

co-sign...saying we're "fans"...!$@?

I'm still waiting for mjshoefanatic to chime in.

Dude was all about handing it to us in our loss in the pre-season but goes straight up ghost after that embarassment last night.

I'M SAYING!!
laugh.gif
Where's the OP duke was posting every minute, now he's ghost
smh.gif

They went to go chat in Clipper talk once they fell behind big time.

laugh.gif
the dude was talking @*+! after winning a preseason game,but hey I guess that's what you would expect from most Clippers fans since the regular season doesnt matter to them.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

laugh.gif
the dude was talking @*+! after winning a preseason game, but hey I guess that's what you would expect from most Clippers fans since the regular season doesnt matter to them.
roll.gif
at him getting excited over a preseason win and running hismouth...hes not gonna post guys...none of the cLips fan arent posting in this thread

I'M SAYING!!
laugh.gif
Where's the OP duke was posting every minute, now he's ghost
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
...it is haLLoween
They went to go chat in Clipper talk once they fell behind big time.
not much to taLk about is there
laugh.gif
...come on cLips fans stepup and post here on NT...

take it this way guys LAs other team is kinda simiLar to 3PLEDOUBLE, run their mouths then nonexistant after a Laker win

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Why is everyone giving clipper fans such a hard time?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Because they talk the most %@!$ when they think their wack team is going to be good, when they really aren't. Talking about everybody hopingon their bandwagon when they got Baron
laugh.gif

Yo i wont lie im a fan of BDiddy.. dude is too sick.

I dont see Denver putting up much a fight if our previous 2 games are any indication to how things are going to be.

Ariza is
pimp.gif
, Farmar is
pimp.gif
, Sasha dont miss haha dude is STRAIGHT wet, LO is lookin revived playing in that 2nd unit, don't know if he's trying toget that 6th man award or his starting job back
laugh.gif

Season looks like its going to be great, I dont know how I dealt with the Lakers the past what? 3 years (excluding last year obviously) I feel bad for thosefans who go their whole life without their team winning the big one
eek.gif

I may be going to the Lakers/Rockets game Sunday November 8th
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Because they talk the most %@!$ when they think their wack team is going to be good, when they really aren't. Talking about everybody hoping on their bandwagon when they got Baron
laugh.gif

daprescription knows wsup...reminds ofwarrior fans
tongue.gif
(not you in particuLar DP)...cLip fans are getting worsethough before the season started this punk on youtube juLian something and CLIPPER2009CHAMPS kept running their mouths how Lakers got owned by boston andexpect the cLips to do the same (i hate how everyone brings up boston beating us as if theyre team made it to championship)
smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was cool til yesterday when I seen all of them jumpin up and down about the staples center and then started with their typical NT response "Lakersfans" and "stay classy" and all that bs.
eyes.gif

For that, they deserve to suck on their 40, excuse me, 38 point loss in their home opener.

So no mercy from me. And I usually try to keep it cool after a win. I ain't even say nothin on Portland the other night and you know everyone wasexpectin me too. But today, no mercy.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was cool til yesterday when I seen all of them jumpin up and down about the staples center and then started with their typical NT response "Lakers fans" and "stay classy" and all that bs.
eyes.gif

For that, they deserve to suck on their 40, excuse me, 38 point loss in their home opener.

So no mercy from me. And I usually try to keep it cool after a win. I ain't even say nothin on Portland the other night and you know everyone was expectin me too. But today, no mercy.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom