Close to done: Amare to NJ for Yi, Lee

decent trade for both teams. if the nets can get amare to resign, would they still have money to throw at free agents next season?

harris
CDR
_____
amare
lopez

that's a decent squad. if they land wall, then they can ship harris out too.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

Originally Posted by Burns1923

What an awful trade.

Yi sucks. So does Lee.

This trade will demoralize the Suns fan base.

Amare AND Amundson? Lou is the only guy that genuinely hustles and rebounds on that team.

An All-Star and a decent big man, both of whom are fan favorites, for YI.  And we already know how good the Suns are with draft picks.  Even if unprotected, Stern ain't gonna let the Suns get John Wall.

Kerr and Sarver stay killing this franchise.
FIXED.
Good job, except for the fact that Yi is putting up 15 and 7 while Courtney Lee is putting 11, 3 and 2 on 39% shooting.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

Originally Posted by Burns1923

What an awful trade.

Yi sucks. So does Lee.

This trade will demoralize the Suns fan base.

Amare AND Amundson? Lou is the only guy that genuinely hustles and rebounds on that team.

An All-Star and a decent big man, both of whom are fan favorites, for YI.  And we already know how good the Suns are with draft picks.  Even if unprotected, Stern ain't gonna let the Suns get John Wall.

Kerr and Sarver stay killing this franchise.
FIXED.

Amare's and Lou's production/meaning for the Suns > > > anything Lee could contribute.

Lee's prime situation was Orlando, who apparently didn't think he was all that, even after a run to the Finals.

So, yeah. Lee pretty much sucks. 

Anyway, Broussard said on ESPN that Amare wants to stay and the Suns want to keep him but not for max money. 

We'll see if anything goes down. But if it does, you can be sure the Suns will find a way to screw it up and come out the worse for it.  

Good job, except for the fact that Yi is putting up 15 and 7 while Courtney Lee is putting 11, 3 and 2 on 39% shooting.

Yeah, on the worst team in the L, in a weak conference.

Put Yi in the West and he will get eaten alive.  Lee is Roger Mason, Jr. 2.0.  Don't inflate this guy's ability.

whattt???
eek.gif

lees life would be much different had he made that basket in game 2

sources of this trade...cause wow if this really is true then the nets are really contenders bron sweeptakes and if they somehow get the 1st pick
eek.gif

The dude Courtney Lee is in his 2nd season. Sophmore slump probably, but it's too early to say he sucks. Same with Yi. He's in his like 3rd season or whatever.

Over the next three years we've got 10 draft picks. Two of will be 1st round picks this year. The Suns probably wont sign Amare to another deal, so why not shop him around now? And we have cap room

as far as bron goes, newsday reported today that the Nets have condeded they cant land Bron or Wade and that is why they are making a play for Amare. to leave with something this year.

doesnt make much sense, but that's what was reported.

I thought the Nets had a sliver of hope before the season to land LeBron. However, with the uncertainty of a move to Brooklyn for another year (or two?) and the losing, I thnk that hope is gone.

Unless they land John Wall, they may have to "settle" for the likes of Amare and Gay this summer.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

If ture step 1 to getting bron to the nets has started

anyone want to join inmymind and I on that bandwagon?

*waits for knick fans to post stone faces and gifs*

I'm with ya Mike, I can see that goin down.  Wall, Lopez, Amare, proximity to NY, cash, I could see Bron goin for it. 

If they were true Knicks fans, they will stay loyal.

All the fairweather fans that haven't been around in a decade? well I'm sure they'll come out of hiding and support them.

DEAL IS NOT CLOSE.

That was the proposed deal that was turned down I believe.

Nets were giving the second first round pick this year and another in like 2012.

There have been rumors but no deal in place.

This could be the deal but again not close.

Not trying to burst bubbles.

No source would be found.

Here is all I could find on ESPN insider about Amarie:

[h3]Stoudemire's options[/h3]
1727.jpg

With Shaquille O'Neal out of the middle in Phoenix and with his retina injury not flaring up, Amare Stoudemire'shaving a solid year now that the Suns are playing an up-tempo brand ofball again under Alvin Gentry. Stoudemire is averaging 20.6 points agame and 8.4 rebounds per game.

But there are concerns in Phoenix he'll opt out of the last year ofhis contract, and the team has been struggling of late. So Stoudemire'sname is hot in trade rumors.

The main snag in a Stoudemire trade deal is whether or not he'll resign with his new team after this season. Stoudemire says he wants a bigger market, so rumored teams such as the Bulls could be an option.

It a team thinks they can re-sign him after this season and saidteam can return young talent, perhaps some salary relief and a draftpick, that's likely the ideal spot for Stoudemire, as the Suns areseeking those things in return for him.

[h5]Possible Stoudemire destinations[/h5]
  • New Jersey. They'll be in Brooklyn in a few years, and can offer young talent and draft picks.
  • Miami. Stoudemire has a place in the area, and has the opportunity to play with Dwyane Wade.
  • Chicago. The Bulls are looking for a power forward who can score.They play in a big market and have cap space to re-sign Stoudemire.
  • San Antonio. Seems unlikely, but reports say they are mulling it over.
  • New York. It's a big market and Mike D'Antoni is familiar with Stoudemire, but Donnie Walsh doesn't see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom