Closed

ATL was playing for NFC title last year and were 4-12 this year. So it's not set in stone that they all will be good next year :lol:

I watched some of the Watkins kids highlights....Then I watched some DHB college highlights...Has me worried. lol.

LOL

Raiders.png

Kiper mock 1.0 reaction: Raiders
By Paul Gutierrez | ESPN.com

ALAMEDA, Calif. -– The Oakland Raiders have myriad needs as they enter Year 3 of the Reggie McKenzie-Dennis Allen regime, Year 1 of the franchise’s “reconstruction,” per owner Mark Davis.

The Raiders also have the No. 5 overall pick in May’s draft and, the way ESPN’s Mel Kiper sees it in his NFL mock draft 1.0 , Oakland will go with Clemson playmaking receiver Sammy Watkins.

Sure, the Raiders have a couple of emerging pass-catching talents in the undrafted duo of Rod Streater and Andre Holmes and a pseudo-playmaker in Denarius Moore (when he doesn’t disappear). But Watkins seemingly has immediate star written all over him.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound junior is coming off setting an Orange Bowl record with 16 catches for 227 yards with two touchdowns in the Tigers’ 40-35 victory over Ohio State.

On the season, he caught 101 passes for 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns, with two of more than 90 yards, and in three years at Death Valley he had a combined 240 receptions for 3,391 yards and 27 TDs.

Watkins is not the largest of targets and has a 40-yard dash time of 4.47 seconds. He also reminds some of Percy Harvin.

Should the Raiders go the Watkins route, the question then is this: Who’s going to throw him the ball? I told you the Raiders have a lot of needs.

Way too early prediction: this team will finish 7-9 next season, yet will be much improved defensively. DA and Reggie are fired, and the next regime benefits immensely from the foundation that Reggie laid out. The 2015 team is a playoff team.

Team will finish 4-12. Book it, print screen it and quote me.
Allen and Co. will be fired but Reggie will remain. Hopefully he ends up hiring a competent coach this time who designs plays around team strengths.

Mel Kiper is a joke...just a couple months ago dude said Johnny Football was too wild to be successful in the NFL...said he wasn't even going to be taken in the 1st rd...now with his first mock Draft he says Johnny Football #1? :lol:

and no way we take Watkins if Teddy B or Johnny football are available...I think I'd take Barr over Watkins to be honest...imagine Sio, Roach and Barr as our LB's :pimp:

and no comparing DHB to Watkins...Watkins can catch consistently lol

Mel Kiper is a joke...just a couple months ago dude said Johnny Football was too wild to be successful in the NFL...said he wasn't even going to be taken in the 1st rd...now with his first mock Draft he says Johnny Football #1? :lol:

and no way we take Watkins if Teddy B or Johnny football are available...I think I'd take Barr over Watkins to be honest...imagine Sio, Roach and Barr as our LB's :pimp:

and no comparing DHB to Watkins...Watkins can catch consistently lol

Kiper really said that?

And I don't think we pass up one of those three QB's either, unless they have terrible results at the combine/meetings.

Kiper really said that?

And I don't think we pass up one of those three QB's either, unless they have terrible results at the combine/meetings.
My bad...I guess he said #25...You know it's bad when Skip is actually doing your job better than you are...
laugh.gif

Last edited:
There's no way Teddy drops to us is there? Those mock drafts trollin

Last edited:
I have no idea who I want at 5 lol.

We need a playmaker at EVERY position. :lol:

I don't have that "confidence" in any of the QB's that are coming out. Not really sure any of them are going to be bonafide studs and worth the #5 overall. If they stay there, we need an absolute game changer.

I'd preferably hope that someone gets enamored with one of the QBs there and gives us an offer we can't refuse. Like move down, a next year 1st, this year 2nd, next year 2nd, and a 3rd type deal.

Alex Mack at Center and slide Valdeer over would be better. Reggie please

I know you meant little wiz. I like this. Wiz seemed to play his best ball when he was at LG and if Mack gets hurt you have a great back up.

Sign Velds.

Move Watson to RT immediately.

Draft a RG.

Raiders have an immediate "good" line with potential greatness.

:lol:

Here's a quick recap by someone on another forum:

Raiders GM met with local writers for a season-ending wrap. Said agreement finalized with special teams coach Bobby April

Like DA, Reggie McKenzie says not sure franchise QB is in the building. Would like to have a veteran presence #Raiders

McKenzie on Darren McFadden: agent wants to see what his market value is. we'll see what happens. #Raiders

Reggie McKenzie says he wants @RashadJennings back. #Raiders

McKenzie said Raiders were 4-12 again but ``it was a different 4-12 team. .''

"We’re excited about the opportunities that are coming for us in 2014 from adding players to help bolster this roster." - GM Reggie McKenzie

#Raiders GM McKenzie also says he wants to re-sign Jennings, Veldheer, Houston and Woodson. Thinks McFadden will test the FA market

McKenzie says Raiders FA strategy _ get as many good players and not `dump every dollar and cent into one or two players.'

"Just because I have $5 in my pocket doesn't mean I'm going to spend it all...on junk." - #Raiders GM McKenzie, on coming cap space

Reggie said team will likely add a veteran quarterback this offseason, inferred a young QB is coming too.

"I wasn't going to put out a fire that wasn't there." - #Raiders GM McKenzie, on why he did not dispute reports of Dennis Allen on hot seat

McKenzie: "The defense definitely wore down but they played hard. ... Our overall play was better in 2013." #Raiders

RM: The expectation for next year is to make the playoffs.

Reggie is looking for upgrades everywhere. Said there's a real need for frontline talent. Mentioned WR, pass rusher as vital needs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He's a playmaker. Whether its him or 1 of the other guys, when U can add a playmaker,that's what you shoot for."McKenzie on @JohnnyManziel

Last edited:
“@VicTafur: McKenzie also said he would prefer to sit a rookie quarterback the first year until he could build up team around him first. #Raiders”

I don't know how Reggie could expect to be a playoff team with whatever QB's are available on the market.

... unless his plan is to sign Michael Vick, in which case I'm going to wish him good luck.

[h1]Reggie McKenzie on Johnny Manziel: He’s a playmaker, that’s what you shoot for[/h1]
Posted by Josh Alper on January 16, 2014, 5:42 PM EST

The Raiders will be picking fifth overall in this year’s draft and their perceived need for a quarterback is going to lead to a lot of speculation about them coming away with one of the top collegiate signal callers. 

One of the players on that list is 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel and General Manager Reggie McKenzie was asked about him during a meeting with reporters on Thursday. McKenzie avoided ranking Manziel in relation to other possibilities, but said was the kind of quarterback you try to get. 

“He’s a playmaker,” McKenzie said, via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com. “Whether it’s him or one of these other guys, when you can add a playmaker, that’s what you shoot for.”

McKenzie touched on other offseason decisions as well, identifying running back Rashad Jennings, left tackle Jared Veldheer, defensive lineman LaMarr Houston and safety Charles Woodson  as impending free agents he will be trying to bring back  to Oakland. McKenzie also said that he expects running back Darren McFadden  to test the free agent market and the Raiders’ willingness to let him do so likely means the former first-round pick has played his last game for the team.

But that is Reggie for you. Prob go the Grigson route and sign a bunch of ****** average guys

****. I talked upon what scouts and coaches inside the league think about Reggie in the NFL thread - sadly I'm blinded by what I want and not what I know

Its a shame for Dennis Allen to be honest

Back
Top Bottom