Closed

Why? McCown was great for the Bears last year. Give him an elite WR from the draft and we're offensively much better than last year.

*shrug* Can't hold onto that forever. He would instantly be the best QB we have and give us a chance to compete offensively. And given how unlikely it is that we draft one of those three first rounder QBs (or even if Reggie likes or wants them), we should be proactive and decide on McCown and plug as many holes as we can to make the draft a simpler process for us.

I don't mean that McCown is the QB of the future. He's the short term solution, we'd definitely have to draft a QB this year or next to get ready to go when he's done. Again, the reality is that the best QBs in this draft are unlikely to come to us, so we need to prepare as if that's the case. The Rams want to trade down and we know that the Texans and Browns are QB needy. I even remember reading about how QB's taken in the second or third round are less likely to succeed in the NFL than their first round counterparts by a HUGE amount. The success rate of those later QBs was hovering somewhere around 5-10%. Not worth spending that pick there, especially if you're Reggie McKenzie and you know this is your make or break year.

But let's not pretend McCown is anything like Matt Flynn. McCown had more yards, better completion %, better QBR, more TD's and fewer INTs. The guy can play, and frankly, the team we field next season should be much better than the one McCown played with in 2007.

We need a QB badly but it would depend on how much he wants! I can see McCown take the field to boos on his 1st series :lol:

Last edited:
But, Compare the bears offensive weapons vs the raiders offensive weapons (if any)

That's why I advocate going defense-heavy in free agency and focusing on offense in the draft. Taking someone like Sammy Watkins in the first round is a huge step forward for us with the WR corps and then focusing on offensive line talent after that along with some defensive pieces. Hell, given how many WRs are coming out this year it might make sense to take a second WR if Reggie thinks that they would improve us (and really, can we say that any receiver we have now is a constant threat?) It would give guys like Denarius the motivation to work harder and not slack in games, since there are options to replacing him.

And I say go defense-heavy in free agency because this is likely Dennis Allen's last chance at keeping his job, and if he fancies himself a defensive coach then it's only fair we outfit him with instantly capable players on defense, not just rookies who need to learn the pace of the game at the pro level over multiple games. Regardless of your feelings for the guy, he was given **** to work with and fans expected him to create a winner. That's not fair to either him or us.

Jimmy Garoppolo is someone the Raiders could draft in the second or third round and develop behind a starter. It all depends on how strongly Reggie believes in his regime's ability to develop talent.

The Raiders are one of eight teams who could be forced to participate in Hard Knocks. If a team hasn't 1) hired a new coach 2) made the playoffs in the last two seasons, or 3) appeared on the show already in the past 10 years, then the league can require that the team participate. The list of available teams are:

Bears
Bills
Cardinals
Giants
Jaguars
Raiders
Rams
Steelers

^A better picture would've been DMC running to the bank with his last Raiders paycheck hopefully

Didn't know the league can force teams to be part of hard knocks. That's crazy..I see hard knocks being gmen. Especially after this last season. I hope it ain't us, I wouldn't want peeps clowning my guys. If it is I guess I better start putting aside some bail money.

I would love to see us in hard knocks
While I would love to know what goes on behind the black curtain, I also love the fact that for the most part no one really knows.

That legendary Raiders mystique. 
smokin.gif

Cant believe Trent Edwards is back :smh: hope we find a better vet qb. Also anyone thinks we gettin Teddy Bridgewater? NFL channel predict him goin 5th

I'd rather sign Josh McCown off free agency than trade for Kirk Cousins.
I said this a few pages back and got blasted, ppl act like McCown ain't better than McGloin.

McCown also had an all pro crew to work with in Chicago. How good are the players on the current roster going to make him look? I'd rather have McG get his feet a little more wet but I really don't want either running the offense next season.
I'm down with Teddy but the ranked position of where the rookies are going will be shaken up after the combine too.

Last edited:
Would you guys rather have. Jared Allen, Michael Bennett or Justin Tuck on the line? Tuck with that facemask on the Raider D-line would be dope as hell.

Taj Bohyd said the Raiders have been showing a lot of interest in him during his senior bowl experience :smh:

Back
Top Bottom