Closed

i copped the authentic reebok back during the 2011 season from nfl.com during that time he was leading the league in rushing... then when i got in the mail, it was too big for me so I returned it.. and they didn't have a 48 i wanted. And during that time I returned it was when he got hurt and missed all those games, lol.... So glad i never found my size.

per rotoworld

According to CSN Bay Area's Scott Bair, "there is concern" among the Raiders' coaching staff that 2013 second-round pick Menelik Watson "might not have it."
Watson has barely practiced with the Raiders, let alone played, so he still deserves time. But 95.7 The Game's Lincoln Kennedy recently suggested a similar feeling inside the organization regarding Watson, who was the 42nd overall pick in last April's draft. The Raiders also got very little out of first-rounder D.J. Hayden in year one. They cut fourth-round pick Tyler Wilson, and sixth-rounder Latavius Murray didn't play a 2013 snap.

I give D.J. Hayden and Murray a break since they were both injured. DB is a hell of a position to play in the NFL these days so I'll give Hayden a learning curve. Hoping Murray shows something this season....And speaking of this coming season. I just renewed my season tix and I wasn't even drunk. No regrets.

Also, I have a McFadden jersey....An authentic reebok one. Depresses me when I see it in my closet lol. However, I was able to scoop a Woodson Nike jersey last year so all is good.

per rotoworld

According to CSN Bay Area's Scott Bair, "there is concern" among the Raiders' coaching staff that 2013 second-round pick Menelik Watson "might not have it."

Watson has barely practiced with the Raiders, let alone played, so he still deserves time. But 95.7 The Game's Lincoln Kennedy recently suggested a similar feeling inside the organization regarding Watson, who was the 42nd overall pick in last April's draft. The Raiders also got very little out of first-rounder D.J. Hayden in year one. They cut fourth-round pick Tyler Wilson, and sixth-rounder Latavius Murray didn't play a 2013 snap.
Patience is a virtue. Reggie had to know Watson would take time. He's raw. The physical tools and athleticism are all there. Former basketball player. Watson's still learning the game and technique.

Okay, I'm settled now. Watson will be fine. Sparano apparently was the one behind the pick for him, and we know he specializes with the O-line. I also don't think his injuries this past year are indicative of future issues. This second year is key.

sign incognito (SRS)
you guys interested in any of the saints that just got cut?
smith is a realistic possibility, and i love greer

but our drafts make me sad

robert gallery in 04
fabian washington in 05
michael huff in 06
in 06 too was thomas howard, who ******* died :frown:
2.0.0.7.we. drafted. jamarcus. russell.
08-- mcfadden-- n i aint eem mad, he was a great rb
09- heyward bey :rolleyes
rolando mcclain in 2010 :smh:
11- no first rounder
12- no first or second rounder
hayden was last year, and he's been eh so far

so out of all our 1st rounders since 04, only only hayden still plays for us (assuming d-mac is gone)

lets say that mdfadden was our illmatic...
"thats a one good draft every 10 year average "

Only way I want a QB who can start ahead of McGloin is if it's Manziel, and maybe Bridgewater depending on how he does in preseason. Bortles I do not want at all, and then after that you're looking at guys who are unquestionably project QBs like dude that I want here, Garoppollo.

Given that, it seems we're in the FA market for a starting QB. Hopefully that doesn't mean Josh Freeman. Maybe Michael Vick, but I don't trust him to make it through 16 games.

Veldheer and his agent were in the press last week and said the negotiations were slow and "lacking urgency." Either they are trying to speed things up and get what they feel they deserve or McKenzie is waiting to see what the water is like in the pool. I like McGloin. McKenzie will throw more logs on the fire and see who comes out on top. No scholarships given with this regime.
Connor Shaw getting the McGloin label in the '14 class.

I'm assuming Veldheer wants comparable money to Monroe and Albert, who will set the OT FA market.

Only way I want a QB who can start ahead of McGloin is if it's Manziel, and maybe Bridgewater depending on how he does in preseason. Bortles I do not want at all, and then after that you're looking at guys who are unquestionably project QBs like dude that I want here, Garoppollo.

Given that, it seems we're in the FA market for a starting QB. Hopefully that doesn't mean Josh Freeman. Maybe Michael Vick, but I don't trust him to make it through 16 games.

I like McGloin as well. However, I can not tell if what I am seeing at the position are a sign of his own skills or Pryor's different set of skills. I do like Manziel and would hope he could be Brett Favre(ish) (for lack of a better comaprison) to the team. Not sold on Bortles. If Carr were to drop I would not mind him either.

One thing is I do not want any "projects". Those kind of prospects scare me.

^that's the kind of things I want to hear that makes me not upset if McGloin becomes the starter.

I guess what I meant to say was I want someone who isn't just an athletic freak they are trying to make a QB.

I admit I am buying in to the hype of manziel. He seems like the type of player to be able to bring a team together. However a lot of his razzle dazzle can be attributed to luck. And at times I see him as a shorter Pryor with slightly better vision.

What I like about Carr is the fact that I have seen him do a drop back. Whether 3-5 steps and as soon as that back foot drops he's ready to go with the pass and can throw every pass in the game.

But the more I read about mcgloin and watching what he was able to do amid the circus of who is the raiders qb. If he rises to the occasion I will not even be the slightest upset. I'd like to think Dennis Allen's comments regarding the "qb not being in the building" is a challenge to the 2 to see who steps up....but I also hope I'm not giving Allen too much credit on that. Lol.

If we take Carr, I'll be heated. He was so bad in the bowl game against USC. My goodness.

Yeah maybe Carr would happen in the 2nd
but no way he goes 5th overall right
but then again, that'd be like taking Heyward-Bey 7th overall :rolleyes

Not sure if discussed on here...but I'm down for Incognito for the right price. Or Alex Mack and move Wiz to guard.

Jeremy Maclin too...

Back
Top Bottom