CLOTHING LINE: Everyday Pple WINTER COLLECTION // RESTOCK // RESTOCK

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

solesavage, I appreciate your feedback...if that's honest feedback, can you expound a bit please?

Critiques are designed to bring about improvement.

Thanks in advance.

All good. I'm referring to the "World is yours" sweater. The design seems very amateur and uninspired......You can design that in illustrator inlike 5 minutes.

Looks like you're receiving nice feedback on NT, so good luck with your line.

^^^Design me something...inspired and professional. I will use it. And give you the due credit.

Let's see how you get down bro!

Not being sarcastic at all.

#imjustsayin

Just got mine today too. mom and dad buggin cause i'm spending too much money but still askign them for gas money
it's nice though man. i'm gonna hit you up again when the sale starts

Nice designs homie
pimp.gif

Might cop a t-shirt when they come out....

Thanks broski.. got it today, I like the fit and good quality.. Will be on the lookout for that t-shirt sale
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

rsv695.jpg

^^^Design me something...inspired and professional. I will use it. And give you the due credit.

#imjustsayin

First i'll say i think its dope NT is showing you love. Already said that in this thread too. Congrats sir
pimp.gif

But yo, you cant catch feelings on what dude said when he is 100% correct. Every one of your designs would take me less then 5 minutes, i promise you.

there is nothing original, you use clip art and free fonts. which was passible a few years ago, and in fact was huge even but times have changed a little bitin the game and unfortunately the game is over saturated grossly so in order to stick out it is usually going to take something original.

you have price points that are way below the norm and have product shots with j. cole who is currently pretty well liked on NT , not to mention you seem like astand up dude so i for one am not surprised at all by the response.

Not every one is born an artist, this we all know so my suggestions if that is the case is to try and get someone to work with you that is, so then at the veryleast you can start to incorporate some original content into your stuff. It will go a long way in the current market, trust (with buyers more-so then thegeneral public). That said you seem to be doing a lot of right things right now as well so just keep it up and try to either hire, or talk someone in tohelping you out with the art department and again best of luck with the continued success.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

#imjustsayin

First i'll say i think its dope NT is showing you love. Already said that in this thread too. Congrats sir
pimp.gif

But yo, you cant catch feelings on what dude said when he is 100% correct. Every one of your designs would take me less then 5 minutes, i promise you.

there is nothing original, you use clip art and free fonts. which was passible a few years ago, and in fact was huge even but times have changed a little bit in the game and unfortunately the game is over saturated grossly so in order to stick out it is usually going to take something original.

you have price points that are way below the norm and have product shots with j. cole who is currently pretty well liked on NT , not to mention you seem like a stand up dude so i for one am not surprised at all by the response.

Not every one is born an artist, this we all know so my suggestions if that is the case is to try and get someone to work with you that is, so then at the very least you can start to incorporate some original content into your stuff. It will go a long way in the current market, trust (with buyers more-so then the general public). That said you seem to be doing a lot of right things right now as well so just keep it up and try to either hire, or talk someone in to helping you out with the art department and again best of luck with the continued success.

well YOU might think nothing is original and him using free fonts and clip art is wack. but i never saw anyone on nt buy any of the pros and cons shirts whichi said before is a straight up rip off of crooks and castles in my opininon. all i know is dude presented his clothing and atleast 10 people copped off thejump and i have even spotted a few people who intend to be repeat customers. you keep talking about elementary art and what not BUT EVERYONE WHO COPPED SAYSTHEY LIKE THE SIMPLICITY! im one of them and best believe when i get my monies im coping that nice simple the world is yours crewneck.

Interesting thread...

FeelMode, how did you find trustworthy and local artists and what kind of arrangement did you work out with them as far as exclusivity or day to day labor.

I have a hand full of freelance artists that I use but they are scattered all over the world and they're often obligated to do other work before myprojects. Plus the whole review and design process is a lot harder to do over the net.

JuJu thats cool, this thread ain't about me. I was giving constructive criticism which is something the OP asked for about 8 posts above mine.

The Crooks thing is laughable from an artistic standpoint considering i have all of their main branding clip art saved in various reference folders and arestuff is hand drawn, by us. That is a huge difference. Not to mention their entire brand was based off stealing from Italian high end designers. That said ihave a ton of respect for them and the moves they have made and they have released a plethora of dope product as well, not to mention scooping up some dopeartists along the way making their line more custom all the time. Not mad at them at all. The fact we both use an & symbol and do highly detailed vectorgraphics the comparisons are gonna happen.

HueyP, all of our artwork is done in house. we were all crew before this and were doing stuff for so many other people we finally decided to team up and dosomething for ourselves. I got more artists at my disposal then i have money to pay for them fortunately and unfortunately
laugh.gif

back to the OP i hope you realized i was trying to give you things to think about for the future, and while i might not be running the biggest company out oranything like that i have had some success in this business and we are sold in some very well known retailers that can be pretty hard to even get anyrecognition from let alone an account. Maybe i could be of some help, thats all. Like i said keep up the good work and best of luck with the continued success.

FeelMode, I was actually serious when I asked the guy to design me somehitng and I'll use it.

I am already in the process of finding additional design help.

Part of the reason that my designs are simple is because I don't like a lot going on.

I think I grew out of that a long time ago.

I'm almost 30 years old.

Simple works for me.

Simple actually works for a lot of pple.

Also, FeelMode, I'm not gonna front...you all have some VERY dope designs....but the instant I went to your site...I thought "Crooks".

Not sure what the grown out of thing means, im already 30 and we also do a lot of really really simple stuff too , just cuz you like something simple doesntmean it has to be a downloaded font and straight clip art, ya feel me?

again its all good, nobody has to ever do anything original, all i was saying in my original post was that when dealing with buyers it will help you getnoticed quicker.
I was just tryin to help
grin.gif

I tried to check out and it said "Failed to add package". Maybe I'm just doin' something wrong, I'll try again tomorrow. If not, drop mean inbox with a # to call or something, I'll place an order.

smokin.gif

Thats dope, will only help with things down the road fam. When i say "we" its really only a few of us too, and my dudes concentrate on the artdepartment while i do everything else, including the printing. So the DIY mentality you have is appreciated, thats how we are, and i know how taxing it can be.As much as it may have came off as something else you got my support dude.. Like i been saying keep it up..

yea man, i bought into a print shop a good while back, and did free lance. a few of my friends are really well known free lance designers and after i boughtthe print shop we all just decided to do our own line. the rest of the history is still being written.

im sayin besides our own brand we have been in the industry for a minute so if i can ever be any help or can provide any advice i usually try to.

anyways lets get this thread back on course, and everyone go check out http://everydaypple.com

Back
Top Bottom