~-~-~Coachella 2010~-~-~ Lineup OUT!!! JAY-Z! GORILLAZ! MUSE! NT'er on lineup...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick
The ONLY way it could get better would be if the White Stripes and Cudi were there like people were speculating...
No White Stripes if Dead Weather is there. And Cudi is my fav artist but hes not that dope live. I just love singing along. What it NEEDS is Sade!

The ONLY way it could get better would be if the White Stripes and Cudi were there like people were speculating...
No White Stripes if Dead Weather is there. And Cudi is my fav artist but hes not that dope live. I just love singing along. What it NEEDS is Sade!

Jack White can do two shows easily, more rehearsal time would be needed though...

VERY surprised Sade isn't there...

And @!%*! no Silversun Pickups, thought for sure i would get to see them again because of the Muse tour routing...

I still think CuDi will be a late add...

Hov is there, Guetta is there, GV promoted his solo shows, it makes sense...

damn i gotta get back to the westside...i already missed Voodoo M.E, in N.O. ...now im missin this joint..and i gotta settle for warped

im a little underwhelmed especially by the headliners except for Pavement which is amazing. That said there are plenty of bands there I would die to see andhopefully make it to at least 1 of the east coast festivals

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

im a little underwhelmed especially by the headliners except for Pavement which is amazing. That said there are plenty of bands there I would die to see and hopefully make it to at least 1 of the east coast festivals
well, Pavement isn't a headliner...

but anyways, GORILLAZ, i mean how many shows have they even played EVER let alone in the US...

i look at those second-billing bands as pretty much headliners. I mean you're gonna tell me this year's Coachella headliners are Jay-Z Muse andGorillaz? To me that itself is underwhelming

ill give it to them that I really can't decide which day is the best. all 3 offer ALOT of great stuff. Saturday itself has so much but then i see Muse andTiesto and im like ehhhh (Faith No More is pretty cool though). but then theres Dirty Projectors/Major Lazer/Dead Weather/Gossip/xx/Mew/CameraObscura/Girls/Beach House/Temper Trap/Pretty Lights/Ed Sharpe & Magnetic Zeros/Corrine Bailey Rae/Hot Chip/RX Bandits and im like WOW all personal favs andthats just saturday

Just saw this.
pimp.gif

I'm SO there. 3-day pass, and a mini-vaca from Vegas.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

If people think THAT is a WEAK?!? lineup they really need to broaden their music outside hip hop... that line up is ILLLLL

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

Originally Posted by Nash

the lineup this year is weak as hell imo, there isnt even any hip hop

First of all, Coachella isn't really a hip-hop festival. This year has more hip-hop artists than I would have expected: Jay-Z, Wale, B.o.B., De La Soul, etc.
laugh.gif
fam why are you trying to talk down to me like you'remy dad or something? calm down cowboy, I said there were no hip hop artists because at the time, the list that I had showed none. I've been to Coachella,I'm well aware that it's not a hip hop centered event.

Jonsi from Sigur Ros added!!!
I like your enthusiasm but are you trying to set a record with # of posts/thread?

I'm gonna try to go, just depends if I can swing it with work. The lineup is great though.

First of all, Coachella isn't really a hip-hop festival. This year has more hip-hop artists than I would have expected: Jay-Z, Wale, B.o.B., De La Soul, etc.
laugh.gif
fam why are you trying to talk down to me like you're my dad or something? calm down cowboy, I said there were no hip hop artists because at the time, the list that I had showed none. I've been to Coachella, I'm well aware that it's not a hip hop centered event.
If you know it isn't "hip hop centered", why would you say "there isn't even any hip hop" in your first post in thethread.
eyes.gif

Like I said, it's a weak lineup if you don't know anything about music.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif
fam why are you trying to talk down to me like you're my dad or something? calm down cowboy, I said there were no hip hop artists because at the time, the list that I had showed none. I've been to Coachella, I'm well aware that it's not a hip hop centered event.
If you know it isn't "hip hop centered", why would you say "there isn't even any hip hop" in your first post in the thread.
eyes.gif

Like I said, it's a weak lineup if you don't know anything about music.
Because there have been hip hop acts every other year I've been. What is hard about this?
eyes.gif

It's not Rock the Bells. You have admitted to knowing this, yet you still went ahead and labeled the lineup as "weak" by pointing out there'sno hip-hop. There has been some hip-hop acts sprinkled in in the past, but this year we only get Wale. Big deal, I wouldn't expect to see too much atCoachella.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

It's not Rock the Bells. You have admitted to knowing this, yet you still went ahead and labeled the lineup as "weak" by pointing out there's no hip-hop. There has been some hip-hop acts sprinkled in in the past, but this year we only get Wale. Big deal, I wouldn't expect to see too much at Coachella.
And, like I said before, the list I was looking at which was supposed to be close to final, had no hip hop acts on it. Do I need to make you aflowchart so it makes sense?
alien.gif

It's weak if you know nothing about music
laugh.gif
Cause everyone doesn't slurp off boring middle of theroad indie music? Get over yourself as if this is some underground unheard of music festival with hidden gems.

All these bands are on pitchfork. Line-up is mediocre at best and I'm not a hip-hop head by any means.

Whether or not these bands are on "pitchfork", to characterize the lineup as "weak" is simply false.

To be of this opinion doesn't mean that person is also "slurping" said bands on the lineup

Also, nobody said these guys were underground and unheard of

Way to put words into mouths though

This isn't the full, final lineup, but it looks to be pretty weak so far:

Confirmed:
Aeroplane
As Tall As Lions
Beach House
Bassnectar
The Big Pink
Busy P
Caravan Palace