Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its the same way in AZ, it's a red state despite my vote no matter what. However, based on the results this year, AZ will be a swing state very soon. Might be 10-15 years from now, but things are definitely changing around here

This is an excellent attitude. Colorado used to be a very conservative state however over the years it has turned into a purple state because people kept moving here and voting.

Can't believe what I'm reading, it's quite sad. Guess you all will have to actually see things get worse for our community at large to actually open your eyes. If you stayed home and didn't even bother to participate, you did your own self and community a disservice and that's real.

What the **** is gonna get worse? Seriously, I want somebody to tell me what is gonna happen that hasn't been happening. Are they lock us up on false, fake charges? Are they gonna make up laws based on race? Are cops gonna start hunting us down and killing us?

We been feeling the pain of America. These other groups that thought cuz they're not black they were better, they're gonna feel it.

Take a look at this. Racists feel like they have one of their own as the leader of this country and can do whatever they want now.

Last edited:
Take a look at this. Racists feel like they have one of their own as the leader of this country and can do whatever they want now.

OG Muscle Car era back, along with the sexism and racism accepted and practiced openly in that era :smh: Who the @#$@ would want to move here now? White people are so glad that terrorists and illegal immigrants might have a harder time that they completely forgot that intelligent IMMIGRANTS are the one who run America's economy. Now I have family all over Asia saying that they will never move here; say goodbye to the tech industry that this country depends on if that happens :lol:

Last edited:
We're not. We're talking about voting period which Kap didn't do. There was a death penalty measure, marajuana legalization, and environmental initiatives among others (Senate and Reps) on the ballot. It's about more than the president which is why the GOP always gets congress cause the left only comes out in earnest when there is a presidental election. That's why what Kap, Killer Mike and whoever is peddling the nonsense that your vote either doesn't count or it's OK to stay at home is dangerous.

How people don't realize this is beyond me. Complacency and negativity are a cocktail for disaster.

And why would this only be about the president?

OG Muscle Car era back, along with the sexism and racism accepted and practiced openly in that era :smh: Who the @#$@ would want to move here now? White people are so glad that terrorists and illegal immigrants might have a harder time that they completely forgot that intelligent IMMIGRANTS are the one who run America's economy. Now I have family all over Asia saying that they will never move here; say goodbye to the tech industry that this country depends on if that happens :lol:

Good. Hell do we want this country to prosper under Trump? Silicon should just pack up and move to South Korea and make them the technology giant.

I know this is counter intuitive for the "don't vote" people, why do you think the GOP actively invoked laws to suppress the vote only in majorly minority and elderly communities? They didn't do it in places where poor whites are predominant. You and we have a lot more power than you think. If you don't like the presidential candidates that's fine, you can leave that blank or write in a candidate. Although in this particular election it was more consequential to choose one of the 2 major party candidates. But again to advocate sitting the entire process out and yet complain that things aren't changes is silly to me.

Yup. People forget that the Bay Area is the only source of innovation in this country. If all those tech giants moved overseas, it would be a wrap for the US :lol: i wouldn't mind; in my profession I can work from anywhere, and I'm moving overseas anyway.

If you don't like the presidential candidates that's fine, you can leave that blank or write in a candidate. Although in this particular election it was more consequential to choose one of the 2 major party candidates.

But some people will say that's just as bad as not voting at all. I've seen a lot of people bash voters who chose 3rd party candidates. Basically what this is coming down to (with some people) is if you didn't vote Hillary, you added to Trump being elected.

Which I think is nuts.

Go look in the politics thread and see how they feel about 3rd party voters [emoji]128533[/emoji]

But some people will say that's just as bad as not voting at all. I've seen a lot of people bash voters who chose 3rd party candidates. Basically what this is coming down to (with some people) is if you didn't vote Hillary, you added to Trump being elected.

Which I think is nuts.

I said in that very paragraph above this particular presidential election was more consequential than past ones because of the stakes, namely the Supreme Court. So yes a 3rd party vote while not as egregious as not voting at all this time had the same effect and is magnified with how close this election was same thing happened in 2000. My personal beef with some of the 3rd party people I ran into before election day was they weren't even voting for a 3rd party b/c they believed in them it was to stick it to the DNC because Bernie didn't win. And at the very base level yes by not participating or voting 3rd party you did play spoiler that's a fact.

Gotta love Shannon man. One of the few brothers on TV keeping it 100 consistently. Not one ounce of sell out in his body

I've been a pretty strong supporter of Kaepernick and his actions, but I can't support not voting.

For someone who is speaking and standing up against racial inequality and oppression he most definitely should have voted, especially in the state of CA.

Proposition 51 created $9 billion in bonds for improving school facilities and education but it does not guarantee equitable distribution of the bond money, giving well-funded school districts with consultants a better chance of applying for and receiving money than smaller and poorer districts.

Proposition 57 allows parole consideration for nonviolent felons and allows juvenile court judges to decide whether juveniles will be prosecuted as adults. We already know blacks get mistreatment from law enforcement all over the country, this was a serious issue that he should have voted on and did not.

Proposition 59 recommends California propose an amendment to overturn Citizens United decision, which removed some limits for corporate and union campaign spending. This would be integral in stopping systemic racism as it limits corporations and their contributions to campaigns.

Kap definitely undermined his position by not showing up to the polls on Tuesday.
QFT

I'm convinced Kap is nothing more than a puppet for his puppeteer GF :smh:

"Kaepernick said. "So, for me, it's another face that's going to be the face of that system of oppression.

"And to me, it didn't really matter who went in there. The system still remains intact that oppresses people of color."

:pimp:

I think the crux of this argument and what really divides people is those who think the system can be changed and those who don't.

What's the solution if voting doesn't work ? ... and the way some blacks talk about voting like it's some magic cure all is weird

Well, a good portion of white people thought racism was magically eradicated once Obama was elected, so
yeshrug.png

"Kaepernick said. "So, for me, it's another face that's going to be the face of that system of oppression.

"And to me, it didn't really matter who went in there. The system still remains intact that oppresses people of color."

:pimp:

What about the other items on the ballot that Kap could have voted for champ? Guess both Kap and you were too busy on the sidelines chilling to read up on the rest of the ballot.

I think the crux of this argument and what really divides people is those who think the system can be changed and those who don't.

Yes.

The system was not built for us. They don't want us. They never will. Like I said before in here they're cheating to win. They've been doing it for hundreds of years. It's what they do. They'll let us vote and throw us lil symbolic victories (Obama) but they're never gonna give up some power. They know if things were really equal who would win.

View media item 2226621
These are just appalling. Those groups, poor/lower-income whites, and women really got belittled and undermined in the open, and put the person that did that to them in office. Shameful.

Poor white folks been voting against their self interest in this country forever. It's more important to not be aligned with poor people of color.

I personally disagree I think the system can be changed and I think they know we have the power to change the system that's why they have gutted the voting rights act as the years go by and constantly try (and succeed unfortunately) to suppress our vote. Like I said the crux of it is if you believe it's possible or not.

Last edited:

Yes.

The system was not built for us. They don't want us. They never will. Like I said before in here they're cheating to win. They've been doing it for hundreds of years. It's what they do. They'll let us vote and throw us lil symbolic victories (Obama) but they're never gonna give up some power. They know if things were really equal who would win.

"They" don't even need to cheat sometimes because individuals like YOU and Kap aren't even in the game to cheat against. No need to cheat against a bunch of spectators in the stands that only complain and don't get involved in the game.

Back
Top Bottom