Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kaep not voting undermines his position and weakens his position?? In who's eyes??

Kaep stated the reason he didnt vote. His reason for not voting is consistent with his stance. You are asking him to be a hypocrite and compromise his values to make you feel better? To complete a gesture that YOU value?

I dont agree with him because I supported Hillary and didnt want to see Trump win. But if he feels like both candidates would continue to further and uphold the oppression of minorities why should he vote? You could say he could have done 3rd party but thats still just an empty gesture.

Yeah yeah yeah....at the end of the day Colin didn't participate on Tuesday and sat on the sidelines....just like he did at the beginning of this football season when he was on the bench, and rightly so.

What Colin and some of the misguided brothers on here that think like him fail to realize is that the "game" is still being played and effects you even if you don't participate. So the opposing team is running up the score and you are on the sidelines or worse yet nowhere near the field, not playing defense or trying to score yourself. Then you complain about losing and wondering why you are "behind" in points by so much. So yeah, Kap undermined his stance and his position.

Son that's BS. How can you say he sat on the sidelines? He's out here actually doing **** with the community. Speak real ****. spending his time and money. Cuz he didn't do what you think he shoulda did that makes him wrong?

We can disagree all day about this voting thing. If you think voting helps, cool. I don't. I don't hold that against you, don't do it to me. We need to stop dividing ourselves over little dumb ****. Cuz that's what it is. While some of ya'll are getting so worked up over black people that ain't vote your country just showed you how they feel and what they think. Your country, your system. Whatever progress you thought was being made never happened.

What's with the nonsensical reach, bro?

It was a question I'm generally curious about. If it came out that kaep voted for trump, what would the reactions be. I want to see if people are mad about him not voting period, or not voting for the right candidate.

What's lost in all of this is that he could have gone to the polls and NOT voted for a candidate. This really has nothing to do with Clinton/Trump. He messed up royally and I think he's a bit ill-informed.

Son that's BS. How can you say he sat on the sidelines? He's out here actually doing **** with the community. Speak real ****. spending his time and money. Cuz he didn't do what you think he shoulda did that makes him wrong?

We can disagree all day about this voting thing. If you think voting helps, cool. I don't. I don't hold that against you, don't do it to me. We need to stop dividing ourselves over little dumb ****. Cuz that's what it is. While some of ya'll are getting so worked up over black people that ain't vote your country just showed you how they feel and what they think. Your country, your system. Whatever progress you thought was being made never happened.
He sat on the sidelines because he missed an opportunity to at the very least vote, locally, for someone who can help make a change. Neither of the presedential candidates cared for his cause but there could have been (because I don't know for sure) somebody locally on that ballot that has their head on straight.

If a person does not feel that this country has the ability to change how does that person feel change will come? Unfortunately we have to use the system to eventually change the system by putting the right people IN the system.

If Colin would've voted for trump would y'all still say that he undermined his own protest?

He'd be getting called a sellout or a ****, of course.

Dude is doing more to help black folks than 99% of the people out there criticizing him. He didn't vote, oh well.

Kaep not voting undermines his position and weakens his position?? In who's eyes??

Kaep stated the reason he didnt vote. His reason for not voting is consistent with his stance. You are asking him to be a hypocrite and compromise his values to make you feel better? To complete a gesture that YOU value?

I dont agree with him because I supported Hillary and didnt want to see Trump win. But if he feels like both candidates would continue to further and uphold the oppression of minorities why should he vote? You could say he could have done 3rd party but thats still just an empty gesture.

IMO he can not vote all he wants but as long as he is putting in real work in these communites to make a change, I will not knock this brother at all.

SAS a sucka for getting on him like that.

View media item 1994285

Yeah yeah yeah....at the end of the day Colin didn't participate on Tuesday and sat on the sidelines....just like he did at the beginning of this football season when he was on the bench, and rightly so.

What Colin and some of the misguided brothers on here that think like him fail to realize is that the "game" is still being played and effects you even if you don't participate. So the opposing team is running up the score and you are on the sidelines or worse yet nowhere near the field, not playing defense or trying to score yourself. Then you complain about losing and wondering why you are "behind" in points by so much. So yeah, Kap undermined his stance and his position.

To be quite honest with you champ....I already know and knew how some in the country felt about me or someone that looks like me, that's nothing new. Truth be told right now I'm more disappointed that YOU didn't vote or think it's okay NOT to vote. That **** to me is a slap in the face to our ancestors, to President Obama, and what little bit of progress WE have achieved as a people.

At the end of the day what you and Colin fail to realize, is that we are a nation of laws. That's just the way it is, some laws you may like, some laws you may dislike. No matter what group of kids Colin or you talk to or try to help better threw funding and education we have lawmakers currently and most likely under the Trump Administration that will try to hinder and hurt them. So all the help you think you are giving to them now may not help when we have people and lawmakers working for Trump that want to do harm for them or don't even recognize them as people to help serve and protect.

If Colin would've voted for trump would y'all still say that he undermined his own protest?

He'd be getting called a sellout or a ****, of course.

Dude is doing more to help black folks than 99% of the people out there criticizing him. He didn't vote, oh well.

No. Nothing else matters because he's not following the system I choose to follow! He has to exercise his right and let his voice be heard! He's wrong! Every vote counts!

To be quite honest with you champ....I already know and knew how some in the country felt about me or someone that looks like me, that's nothing new. Truth be told right now I'm more disappointed that YOU didn't vote or think it's okay NOT to vote. That **** to me is a slap in the face to our ancestors, to President Obama, and what little bit of progress WE have achieved as a people.

At the end of the day what you and Colin fail to realize, is that we are a nation of laws. That's just the way it is, some laws you may like, some laws you may dislike. No matter what group of kids Colin or you talk to or try to help better threw funding and education we have lawmakers currently and most likely under the Trump Administration that will try to hinder and hurt them. So all the help you think you are giving to them now may not help when we have people and lawmakers working for Trump that want to do harm for them or don't even recognize them as people to help serve and protect.

Our ancestors thought voting was the plan. In 2016 it has been proven that that **** don't work. You don't keep banging your head against the wall.

Miss me with Obama. I still have some respect for him but he ain't stand for **** when unarmed black peopl was getting killed by cops. All he did give that same ol "We just need to have talks and keep pushing on" speech.

And again, AmeriKKKa just showed they don't want your progress and that progress never happened. Turn your anger and energy to them.

the system is designed to chew up and spit out people in individual positions of power

Can't the system be fixed? Hypothetically?

I'd have to assume so or no matter what plan of action we concoct we are destined to fail

No it can't.

If you run the system you're gonna run it the way you want to. To benefit you and your people. If you're a WS you're not gonna let outsiders tell how to run your system. Period. And this country was built on WS.

Last edited:
Our ancestors thought voting was the plan. In 2016 it has been proven that that **** don't work. You don't keep banging your head against the wall.

Miss me with Obama. I still have some respect for him but he ain't stand for **** when unarmed black peopl was getting killed by cops. All he did give that same ol "We just need to have talks and keep pushing on" speech.

And again, AmeriKKKa just showed they don't want your progress and that progress never happened. Turn your anger and energy to them.

Stop wasting your breath. These brothers are comfortable with being coddled and pandered by a preferred political party that hasn't done anything for them or "their people". All you got to do is hope one day they'll see the light and find the internal fortitude to want and demand real change. We over here arguing about the choice of voting amongst blacks. Let's just add this to the list of the many things that segregates black people from one another.

No it can't.

If you run the system you're gonna run it the way you want to. To benefit you and your people. If you're a WS you're not gonna let outsiders tell how to run your system. Period. And this country was built on WS.
So if the system can't be fixed what's the purpose of being "woke" or aware of how broken it is or even trying to figure out solutions to make this country more livable for ourselves?

So if voting is not the plan in 2016 what is?? What would you have preferred President Obama do or say about blacks getting killed by cops?? Also, when is your suggested economic base going to be tangible??

Stop wasting your breath. These brothers are comfortable with being coddled and pandered by a preferred political party that hasn't done anything for them or "their people". All you got to do is hope one day they'll see the light and find the internal fortitude to want and demand real change. We over here arguing about the choice of voting amongst blacks. Let's just add this to the list of the many things that segregates black people from one another.

Still waiting for you to help form this new black political party champ......do you have a timeline or at least a rough draft of it??

What exactly would you two like a President to do for black people....any specifics??
First they need to address the problems and don't bs around it. Too many of these politicians (Clinton) will be willing to talk about....but they won't keep it all the way 100, and get to the real root of the problem.

Lol @ thinking your vote for the president matters.

Based on the way this election went, literally every single vote mattered. There were more than 11,000 people that wasted votes by writing in either Harambe or Hennessy. In parts of different cities/counties, Trump and Hillary were separated by less than 5000 votes.

Last edited:
Deuce lets hope one of the kids Colin mentors, grows up to be a change agent and run for public office or become a lawmaker.

Maybe then Colin will decide to cast a vote. But until then.. ill happily take dudes actions with his time and money over him going to the booth checking a box for the hell of it.

Ppl who support his cause or can impact policy that they feel align with his ideas and other minorities can also come to him you know. These ppl after all have to EARN votes.

If they have laws and policies that they feel like will aid the same group of ppl, Colin could be a resource, right? Could be a voter.

But are those ppl out there right now on the ballot this year, locally? I dont know. I doubt it.

Maybe things will change in the future.

Still waiting for you to help form this new black political party champ......do you have a timeline or at least a rough draft of it??

I already stated to you that I don't have the power or the necessary education (yet) to make that happen but I do have the utmost confidence in myself and my beliefs that a seismic shift within our people can actually happen. Like minded men and women who all demand change will all come together and shake things up like they need to sooner rather than later. While I continue to concern myself with developing and aiding inner city youth with skills and resources to help them learn how to love themselves as people while developing self confidence and real belief that they can eventually change the world together you can continue doing whatever that is. I rather be optimistic with our future than continue to make the same mistakes others who've came before me has, champ.

I've been a pretty strong supporter of Kaepernick and his actions, but I can't support not voting.

For someone who is speaking and standing up against racial inequality and oppression he most definitely should have voted, especially in the state of CA.

Proposition 51 created $9 billion in bonds for improving school facilities and education but it does not guarantee equitable distribution of the bond money, giving well-funded school districts with consultants a better chance of applying for and receiving money than smaller and poorer districts.

Proposition 57 allows parole consideration for nonviolent felons and allows juvenile court judges to decide whether juveniles will be prosecuted as adults. We already know blacks get mistreatment from law enforcement all over the country, this was a serious issue that he should have voted on and did not.

Proposition 59 recommends California propose an amendment to overturn Citizens United decision, which removed some limits for corporate and union campaign spending. This would be integral in stopping systemic racism as it limits corporations and their contributions to campaigns.

Kap definitely undermined his position by not showing up to the polls on Tuesday.

Can't believe what I'm reading, it's quite sad. Guess you all will have to actually see things get worse for our community at large to actually open your eyes. If you stayed home and didn't even bother to participate, you did your own self and community a disservice and that's real.

Can't believe what I'm reading, it's quite sad. Guess you all will have to actually see things get worse for our community at large to actually open your eyes. If you stayed home and didn't even bother to participate, you did your own self and community a disservice and that's real.

What the **** is gonna get worse? Seriously, I want somebody to tell me what is gonna happen that hasn't been happening. Are they lock us up on false, fake charges? Are they gonna make up laws based on race? Are cops gonna start hunting us down and killing us?

We been feeling the pain of America. These other groups that thought cuz they're not black they were better, they're gonna feel it.

Back
Top Bottom