Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
^^^ You might need to brush up on the Civil Rights movement as well.

civil rights movement wouldn't of existed in Cuba.

It doesn't excuse your downplaying of it. Same way Castro's few good action doesn't excuse his tyranny.

You being a hypocrite by being this dismissive of the Civil Rights Movement, which was often bloody, brutal, and violent.

but it happened, period.

Cuba? u can't even get to a point for it to be brutal, bloody, and violent.

yadda yadda yadda 

more blah blah about cuba

but unfortunately all of america's revolutionaries were murdered

40king.jpg

140407085754-restricted-15-civil-rights-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

1000509261001_1092829790001_Bio-Biography-Medgar-Evers-SF.jpg

Jimmie_Lee_Jackson.jpg

garvey_150.jpg

f85cdb133f29efe5215106ae78b4befc.jpg

The-Murder-of-Fred-Hampton.jpg

Cubans didnt even have chance to have dissenters because da state murdered them... they're numbers are in da hundreds of thousands...in 2016 it still goes on.

Please don't let Mr. "Slavery was a cakewalk" derail another thread. Funny how he tries to play up the atrocities of Spanish speaking people, yet when it comes to others that share more of his complexion is downplayed. 

I'll admit Castro's done some foul ****, but cats (Mostly Cubans) will deny, deny, deny at the good things he has done :smh:

I still fox with you Kaep :pimp:

Good things he's done. Let's go over the list:

He freed Cuba from harmful, exploitative, American influence, and then harmed and exploited it himself.
He spent millions of dollars providing aid to foreign countries, while his own was in desperate need of that money.
He spoke out against racism in other countries, while preventing his people from speaking out against racism in his.
He was opposed to imperialism and foreign influence yet had no problem cozying up to the USSR.
He demanded justice for others yet committed grievous injustices against his own.
He demanded liberty for others yet oppressed his own. 

Like Rusty said in another thread, it's like running a women's shelter only to go home and brutally beat your wife. Is it any wonder why so many Cubans don't like him?

There are actual good things he had a hand in. First country to end mother to child HIV transmission, the lung cancer vaccine (big one), free med school, massive investments in education and social services. Some other random stuff you'd really have to look for, as I have never seen or heard any of it outside of articles online.

I fully suspect the enriched education system has other motives, my guess being dat communist brainwashing since you can get locked up for teaching your kids stuff outside of what the schools go over.

Dude was clearly an ******* though so I can see why people either ignore or don't know about the good stuff :lol:

Please don't let Mr. "Slavery was a cakewalk" derail another thread. Funny how he tries to play up the atrocities of Spanish speaking people, yet when it comes to others that share more of his complexion is downplayed. 

oh, so downplaying = accurately describing da islamic trade trade compared to da Atlantic varieties?

:lol: :smh: yikes.

America/Americans are the last people who need to be speaking on the ills/wrongs of Castro.

:lol: :smh:

Castro was a savage that violently crushed opposition...u got state spys on every neighborhood block reporting to da state for any signs of dissents NOW in 2016.

had da Civil rights era happened in Cuba it would've ended like tiananmen square.

Like ya daddy reagan?

We are guilty of the same ills you named. figured my point was clear.

This is an example of "tu quoque" that I see used frequently on NT

Just because our country is guilty of atrocities doesn't mean that the misdeeds of other countries should be ignored

I feel what you sayin, but we (i say we with the assumptions we are Americans) seem to talk down from our morally high perch when we guilty as well. We stay talkin like we this shiny community of just laws an we not.

Reagan was just as bad as Castro, worse if you consider the BS he did both domestically and abroad. 
Ninja about to come in here and cape like we've never seen before. 
I don't doubt it, but to be honest I don't really care about what his opinion on the matter is. Castro was a dictator, no doubt. But to argue that Reagan was this saint is absurd 

Ninja already did just that in the Castro thread earlier today. :lol:

Reagan was just as bad as Castro, worse if you consider the BS he did both domestically and abroad. 

what u mean...like topple da USSR & free East Germany?

presided over some of da most robust economies da US ever seen?

how bout being elected with a 49 state landslide?

[emoji]129300[/emoji] can't remember Castro even having elections...

what u mean...like topple da USSR & free East Germany?

presided over some of da most robust economies da US ever seen?

how bout being elected with a 49 state landslide?

[emoji]129300[/emoji] can't remember Castro even having elections...
How about the Iran contra fiasco? Supporting apartheid in South Africa? Fighting proxy wars in Nicaragua and El Salvador? Propping up Montt in Guatemala? Smuggling coke into the poor communities?

To make it 100% clear, I am not one of those on this site that view Castro as a good guy. I think he was a brutal dictator that had good ideas, that ultimately never came to fruition. But to argue Reagan was a good dude, especially as a minority is misguided at best, cornballish at worst 

Last edited:
How about the Iran contra fiasco? Supporting apartheid in South Africa? Fighting proxy wars in Nicaragua and El Salvador? Propping up Montt in Guatemala? Smuggling coke into the poor communities?

To make it 100% clear, I am not one of those on this site that view Castro as a good guy. I think he was a brutal dictator that had good ideas, that ultimately never came to fruition. But to argue Reagan was a good dude, especially as a minority is misguided at best, cornballish at worst 

no American President is "a saint" but are we really equating Reagan vs Castro? c'mon guys... :lol:

now AZ, you're not being unreasonable and i respect ur position...put it like this,

let's say you wanna be completely neutral and say Reagan was a lowkey scumbag overseas in da name of American interests...at least in a way u can see he was a doing it in da name of patriotism..

Castro couldn't even be a proper scum bag for da beneficiary of his own people.

Ummm... Reagan’s presidency was marked by a record-setting number of scandals and crimes. Reagan’s Cold War obsessions helped unleash right-wing “death squads” and murderous militaries on the common people in many parts of the Third World, but nowhere worse than in Latin America.

I don't know how any Latin American can have any inch of respect for Reagan. Trust me, he abhorred Latin Americans and killed them with impunity through death squads. Boggles my mind how he can be supported or revered by any Latin American. 

Last edited:
Ninja just doing his usual downplaying of black people. Da Hispanic > black narrative has now evolved into who was more severely oppressed

I don't know how any Latin American can have any inch of respect for Reagan

ask da millions that were granted Amnesty under his watch.. something that'll never happened again politically for da foreseeable future.

Because Latinos ain't a monolith b

we damn sure ain't.

Last edited:
no American President is "a saint" but are we really equating Reagan vs Castro? c'mon guys... :lol:

Yes, yes we are. Just cause that's ya daddy don't give you the right to downplay the pain he brought to millions of people.

Castro was ruthless dictatorship for 1/2 a century... Reagan was a 2 term President re-elected TWICE da second being a 49 state drubbing.

keep comparing Castro to Reagan..imma sit back & laugh at you.

Back
Top Bottom