Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
How do we know which protest is genuinely causing the drop in ratings?

advertisers/sponsors know who is watching & da numbers, cuz they're da ones that gotta buy time from da NFL for advertising, so they know da value of da time and who they're pitching to.

i can pretty much bet da NFL will have to refund money for loss value of overpaid slot to sponsors that didn't produce da ratings that warranted da buy.

freedom of speech ≠ work place rule..

no one is arresting these players..da government aint raiding lockerooms.

its literally da same blueprint from ol boy from google who emailed that manifesto around and got canned.

NFL saw their last week's Monday Night Football ratings.. they're were not thrilled :lol:

this is the NFL's worst nightmare, and trump handed it right to them.

with how badly they've ****** up the situation with Ezekiel Elliott and others, how are they going to handle litigation when they suspend a $100+ million athlete over a borderline infraction of contract that pretty much any lawyer could argue up the supreme court, much less the high profile legal teams that'll take on Godeell pro bono?

if they don't do anything, they look weak and lose fans. if they do something and fail, they are exposed as traitorous douchebags. if they do something and succeed, the fans of that team, even the rednecks, will be pissed.

it's a lose-lose-lose. just need athletes to force the action. the dominoes are set.

the best hope of the "owners" is to intimidate their "possessions" into submission. that's all this is and trying to paint it as anything else is ********.

NFL should've never allowed da fire to get outta control, what Trump did is basically dared em to continue da perception of disrespecting da flag...by all accounts ive heard? they're about to bend da knee and re-write da rules ALA da NBA.

da NFL's last bargaining rights with da NFLPA gave Goodell Tier 1 god status, so he could alter da player manual to mandate players stand for da national anthem, which is what i suspect will happen.

NFL Owners to Consider Rule Change for Conduct During National Anthem
TIM DANIELSOCTOBER 10, 2017

hi-res-863172ec3346879d63487bbb1d578c92_crop_north.jpg

Michael Zagaris/Getty Images
National Football League owners are planning to review a policy that requires all players to stand for the United States national anthem during their fall meeting next week.

On Tuesday, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported the "owners will consider a rule change" amid a polarized debate surrounding those who've knelt during the anthem to make a statement about social injustice. Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Postpassed along comments about the issue from NFLspokesperson Joe Lockhart:

Ahiza Garcia of CNN Money provided a letter from Roger Goodell to NFL owners sent Tuesday:

"We live in a country that can feel very divided. Sports, and especially the NFL, brings people together and lets them set aside those divisions, at least for a few hours. The current dispute over the national anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.

"I'm very proud of our players and owners who have done the hard work over the past year to listen, understand and attempt to address the underlying issues within their communities. At our September committee meetings, we heard directly from several players about why these issues are so important to them and how we can support their work. And last week, we met with the leadership of the NFLPA and more players to advance the dialogue.

"Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the national anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.

"Building on many discussions with clubs and players, we have worked to develop a plan that we will review with you at next week's league meeting. This would include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues, and that will help to promote positive change in our country. We want to ensure that any work at the league level is consistent with the work that each club is doing in its own community, and that we dedicate a platform that can enable these initiatives to succeed. Additionally, we will continue the unprecedented dialogue with our players.

"I expect and look forward to a full and open discussion of these issues when we meet next week in New York. Everyone involved in the game needs to come together on a path forward to continue to be a force for good within our communities, protect the game, and preserve our relationship with fans throughout the country. The NFL is at its best when we ourselves are unified. In that spirit, let's resolve that next week we will meet this challenge in a unified and positive way."

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Sunday players who don't stand for the anthem won't play. He referenced the NFL's operations manual, which notes players "should stand at attention" during the song but doesn't provide specific penalties for failure to comply with the rule, per Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com.

"The game ops manual has an ambiguity being used for those who don't want to enforce it—the word 'should' stand for anthem is their ambiguity—but how can it be ambiguous when it cites the potential penalties of fines, suspension or loss of draft picks for failing to adhere?" Jones asked.

Jones' stance received praise Monday from U.S. President Donald Trump, who previously suggested NFL owners should fire players who chose to kneel during the anthem:

The practice started to receive national attention during the 2016 preseason when former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat while the anthem played. He explained the decision to Steve Wyche of NFL.com at the time.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," he said. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Kaepernick was later joined by athletes from every level of sports in the silent protest.

Trump's comments on the matter have reignited the debate. A CNN poll released last month showed a divide on the issue among Americans, with 49 percent of respondents calling the anthem protests the "wrong thing" and 43 percent saying it's the "right thing."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ule-change-for-conduct-during-national-anthem

I wonder how many fans Em just lost for calling out Trump and his minions :lol:

Benefits from our culture AND uses his platform to speak out :smokin

Trump is cracking his knuckles getting his diss tweet ready for the morning.

i mean......
do we forget he called a black girl the N word
and just give him a pass???
srs question

He’s shown growth and change. We can’t condemn him for life for that Benzino. It would be different if he had some wild track record of racism but he was a teenager when that happened. We can forgive without forgetting in this instance.

He’s shown growth and change. We can’t condemn him for life for that Benzino. It would be different if he had some wild track record of racism but he was a teenager when that happened. We can forgive without forgetting in this instance.
oh ok
I'm the type to never forgive and never forget
so sometimes its hard for me to see growth in folks

The irony of Eminem using Black Entertainment Television as a platform to roll his album out with some trash *** bars about Trump.

Back
Top Bottom