Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
For the purposes of Kaepernick, why do we care what the government classifies people as? Census classifications have nothing to do with this discussion, government once classified any people of color as 3/5ths of a citizen.

If your parents being from another country disqualifies you from being black and speaking on these issues, then there are very few people left in this thread that can engage in this discussion.

So she’s African, she’s still black and still tied to the black community.

Her mom is Arab. Her father is Arab. Please...I'm implore you to research exactly how Arabs ended up in North Africa.

The actual black people that still live where Nessa's parents are from get treated like dog ****.

For the purposes of Kaepernick, why do we care what the government classifies people as? Census classifications have nothing to do with this discussion, government once classified any people of color as 3/5ths of a citizen.

If your parents being from another country disqualifies you from being black and speaking on these issues, then there are very few people left in this thread that can engage in this discussion.

Ironically...this would literally be the only way someone like Nessa would be able to refer to themselves as African-American :lol:

I most certainly don't think Nessa is disqualified from speaking on the things she's speaking on. I'm not on board with that at all...so I don't want to be confused for the **** Marcellus Wiley is on. But facts are facts...her parents are Arab Eqyptian immigrants. (Modern day) Arabs ARE NOT indigenous to Egypt.

Reactions: OTG
All I see from this clip is Wiley's opinion that Nessa is non-black due to her parents being from Egypt and is therefore not a part of black culture. This has nothing to do with government classification.

He specifically quoted her as "someone non-black" at 2:20 mark, not African-American.
Being born in the US to Egyptian/Etritrea/North African parents most certainly makes you black here.
No one is calling Nipsey Hussle a non-black person.

He specifically quoted her as "someone non-black" at 2:20 mark, not African-American.
Being born in the US to Egyptian/Etritrea/North African parents most certainly makes you black here.

those folks been petitioning to be categorized separate from African American/black in da census for 10+ years according to da NPR link.

dude still denying that Dominicans have afro roots?

da denial is also a river in Africa or nah?

Both 'nessa and Ninjahood would have been in the back of the bus. According to the laws governing the United States when racial laws were created? Both are indeed colored and would be drinking from this fountain.....
segregated-water-fountains.jpg

...all that has changed now, is that it is called the war on immigration.

those folks been petitioning to be categorized separate from African American/black in da census for 10+ years according to da NPR link.
"Those folks" are a select subset of people who give a **** about government census categorization, not the representation of all of American born children of North African parents. People identify as they choose, and many people I know who come from those countries consider themselves black.

Marcellus opinion of her not being black holds no weight. Parents can come from way outside of the continent and children will be considered black, it is not exclusive to Sub Saharan Africa. To say otherwise would discount the descendants of Carribean and South American parents in this country among others.

Dominicans stay denying their African heritage but love throwing the n-word around.
It is called being Black when it is convenient. Many of them who play the I am not Black game, know that they are also not completely white either. The funny thing is that they think that simply because they speak spanish? That somehow it makes them different. I love speaking Ancient Egyptian around them, the language transcribed directly from the pyramids. It messes them up.

It is called being Black when it is convenient. Many of them who play the I am not Black game, know that they are also not completely white either. The funny thing is that they think that simply because they speak spanish? That somehow it makes them different. I love speaking Ancient Egyptian around them, the language transcribed directly from the pyramids. It messes them up.

bro I love you, but you are sooooo weird

Back
Top Bottom