Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...xed-washington-spirit-move-national-anthem-up

so washington spirit moved the anthem up when players were off the field so they didn't give rapinoe a chance to kneel
mean.gif
I love how they're trying to justify it.

Slowly but surely walking down the path of autoritarianism, aren't we America?
I've always found it funny (worrying) how so many people in this country flirt with autoritarianism and don't even realize it. Hell some do realize it but don't care, the things people will say to justify why they think its ok to step on other demographics rights
mean.gif

Was thinking the same thing when I skimmed over the post. **** has absolutely nothing to do with anything and anyone with a lick of debating skills would see it for the deflection it is.

And now I have to add Shaq to my list of cornballs. 2016 has caught all kinds of bodies.

Yup, and based on dudes reply he still doesn't get it.

He's also a son of a cop too, and his father is a military man. Not surprising at all.

Not his biological father tho, because he didn't bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article on the WVT players

"WVU Tech student Tiffany Reavis said she disagrees.

“You stand for the national anthem, regardless. It's kind of like a respect thing for everyone who served, here especially,” Reavis said."

:x Like, how do some of these people not get it ? I'm cool with different opinions, but don't speak if you're not educated in something.

Respect to the ladies that took a knee . CK really started a positive movement out here. Beautiful.

Last edited:
So Kaep took this stance, explained it, adjusted it a bit, then explained it again, and people are STILL like "It it it it's the f f flag, respect 'Merica you terrorist"? Damn, people are dumb as hell

So Kaep took this stance, explained it, adjusted it a bit, then explained it again, and people are STILL like "It it it it's the f f flag, respect 'Merica you terrorist"? Damn, people are dumb as hell
lot of those same people be rocking confederate flags. No disrespect in that though.

Last edited:
I usually wouldn't even respond to something like this because I don't like to be negative but let me answer with this question.

What does him being "relevant" in the league or his sponsorships have to do with the issues that he is speaking against?

Like what at all?

Exactly.

Because if he was relevant and making MJ or Shaq or Peyton Manning type money from endorsements, would he still risk all that money for the cause? Why you think MJ rarely spoke out about social issues? It wasn't a stupid question, you just didnt understand it.

Because if he was relevant and making MJ or Shaq or Peyton Manning type money from endorsements, would he still risk all that money for the cause? Why you think MJ rarely spoke out about social issues? It wasn't a stupid question, you just didnt understand it.

No, it was a stupid question still because I don't give a **** about his endorsements or anything of that **** I care that he's using his platform to talk about things that mean much more than the NFL or getting money from a brand ever will.

Like I said, what does any of that have to do with the issues he's talking about?

Nothing.

You're the one who doesn't get it.

Lebron has more endorsements than any of those guys you named and he's still stood up and echoed the same sentiments as Kaep, quit this stupid line of thinking.

You're trying to undermine an issue with **** that has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
what I dont get is people that take the stance that if Kaep was better off career wise... he wouldnt make a stance. I disagree with that but if that was true then what exactly???

You are pointing this out to prove what or cause what to occur? Is your goal to silence Kaep and disqualify him from speaking up? If that is the case then you are in support of the exact ideals that he is protesting. So anybody that makes that kinda point I have to look at funny because it says a lot.

I spoke to some dude recently who said that he agrees with Kaepernick's stance 100%, but he doesn't wan't to see political statements made during sports. He said that "People watch sports for 2-3 hours to get away from the world's issues." I would agree with him IF more white people and police were actually listening to and addressing the concerns of black people/minorities outside of sports, but obviously that's not the case. That's why I fully support Kaepernick doing this during the NFL which pretty much every white person in the US watches for some reason. Now they're forced to discuss this issue instead of ignoring it and finding distractions (like sports) to distance themselves from the issues. Even if 10% of those NFL viewers change their attitude of indifference towards injustices minorities face, that would be a success in my eyes.

Also, I don't give a @#$@ whether Kaepernick always had this stance or just started having it last night. To say what he did in this country and while playing a sport that is catered towards racist rednecks is courageous as hell, and the message needs to be heard. Who cares who is saying it and why?

Last edited:
what I dont get is people that take the stance that if Kaep was better off career wise... he wouldnt make a stance. I disagree with that but if that was true then what exactly???

You are pointing this out to prove what or cause what to occur? Is your goal to silence Kaep and disqualify him from speaking up? If that is the case then you are in support of the exact ideals that he is protesting. So anybody that makes that kinda point I have to look at funny because it says a lot.
Actually Kaep had a lot to lose with what he did this year, could have been out of a job and lose half of the money on his contract
He actually became like this ever since he got with Nessa last year, before he became trash as a QB

Nothing wrong with that. I'm like that. I don't care for my entertainers making political stances. Doesn't make me like them or their work any less or any more. If they want to that's on them. We have free speech and more power to them.

I care about these issues because I'm a minority. I don't like the government don't care for cops. Never rocked USA ish nor had reverence for the national anthem, poa or no flag. Not a patriotic bone in my body.
. I care more about solutions then entertainers making statements.

Last edited:
No, it was a stupid question still because I don't give a **** about his endorsements or anything of that **** I care that he's using his platform to talk about things that mean much more than the NFL or getting money from a brand ever will.

Like I said, what does any of that have to do with the issues he's talking about?

Nothing.

You're the one who doesn't get it.

Lebron has more endorsements than any of those guys you named and he's still stood up and echoed the same sentiments as Kaep, quit this stupid line of thinking.

You're trying to undermine an issue with **** that has nothing to do with it.

Lets see if Bron sits during the National Anthem when NBA season returns.

And I'm not againt Kaep. I don't have a problem with it, so get your panties out of a bunch Nancy.

Back
Top Bottom