College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

I don't know why it would be out of the question for Bayless to sign with JB...

Dude rocks Jordans ALL THE TIME in games and I've seen him with kicks before they are out and have actually heard talks of him with JB.

With that being said if you want to go to the NBA you come to Arizona not UCLA

off_line.gif
lnMyMind
Appears Pat is on his way..

"I spoke with about 6 scouts that were at the PIT to get a general consensus. To a man they all said that Pat will go in thesecond round. Every team needs a guy like Pat. He has the athleticism, skill, IQ, and Max effort level."

http://lnMyMind.u.yuku.com

my dad raved about pat being a good pro for months this year and i called him a moron saying he probably won't even get drafted

i guess i should listen to my dad more
laugh.gif

There was never a doubt in my mind...

When I saw how much success Jamario Moon was having I thought to myself there is no way Pat doesn't make it...they're the exact same player....everycoach would want a guy like him.

Not that it is much of a surprise but Mike is headed to the L. From what I have heard, dude enjoyed his one year stay.

Keno Davis to....Providence.

wow, woulda thought he coulda parlayed this season to a better job..

After Larranaga and Ford turned it down, Providence (it seems) gets a great hire

i would have thought it would take him a couple more years of success to get a power conference job but good for him

at least providence made the right hire getting somebody with a winning record as opposed to the guy in queens

Originally Posted by The Lowa

That is a good look for Providence

Word.

I wonder what hid dad thinks about the move from Drake so soon.

Maybe SJU should have went after Keno.

What are the terms of his contract????
nerd.gif

Nothin yet on the terms...

Davis to leave Drake after one season, move on to Providence

Gary Parrish April 15, 2008
By Gary Parrish
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Tell Gary your opinion!

Share this page.

Keno Davis has reached a deal in principle to be the next head coach at Providence, a source told CBSSports.com on Tuesday morning.

An official announcement is expected late Tuesday.

Davis comes to Providence after one season at Drake, where he replaced his father Tom and promptly led the Bulldogs to a 28-5 record that featured a MissouriValley Conference regular-season and tournament title. The effort was good enough to make Davis CBSSports.com's National Coach of the Year.

Davis will replace Tim Welsh, who was fired March 15 after 10 seasons.

The Friars went 15-16 in Welsh's final season while finishing 12th in the Big East.

The development leaves Drake dealing with a new coach for the second time in two years. One obvious candidate should be Tennessee assistant Steve Forbes, whois from the state of Iowa. Another potential candidate is Washington State assistant Matt Woodley, a former Drake point guard.

Yo I think that G'Town should really look at Derrick Favors becasue he is the best player out of the group of kids Allen mentioned besides Lnace. Lance islook at Duke. Now just saying this could happen Duke gets both Lance and Derrick that would be bad look for the hoyas. On the other hand Lance and Favors Ifeel are going to be the most ready to play at the college level out of the group of G=town prospects for 09.

I think Lance ends up at an Adidas school....(Kansas or Memphis)

But G'Town 09 priorities..

1) Lance
2) Leslie McDonald
3) Dashonte Riley
4) Tristan Spurlock

Since Hollis Thompson already verballed...there's only 1 scholarship left...(unless Dajuan/Monroe go pro, or a transfer
nerd.gif
)

And that would be the order they'd take most likely.

I don't think the scholly will be an issue b/c I don't se Juan staying after next season....
Duke gets both Lance and Derrick

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Not gonna happen, but it would be nice to dream. Im not sure how Lance and Coach K would work out....And I don't see Favors getting out of Georgia...

But man, if that happened...Oh, My, God.

Lance Stephenson, Kyle, Elliot, Derrick and Plummee

Nice
pimp.gif

2) Leslie McDonald
We going after him too....

I think McDonald ends up at UNC
ohwell.gif
...they're getting pretty much whothey want, when they want

Dajuan better learn how to dribble and pass, that's all I gota say. He plays like a 6'8 JR Smith. No mid range game. (this year he does get anoffseason to work...as usual G'Town keeps things secret and he had surgery two days after the Final 4 last year and didn't play at all until classesstarted)

And I don't see Favors getting out of Georgia...
Yah..that's the word

I think Favors best beat is to go to Georgia

If Lance does not go to Duke it will be set up perfect for him to attend Kansas if Xavier Henry goes to Memphis

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't think the scholly will be an issue b/c I don't se Juan staying after next season....
Duke gets both Lance and Derrick
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Not gonna happen, but it would be nice to dream. Im not sure how Lance and Coach K would work out....And I don't see Favors getting out of Georgia...

But man, if that happened...Oh, My, God.

Lance Stephenson, Kyle, Elliot, Derrick and Plummee

Nice
pimp.gif

2) Leslie McDonald
We going after him too....

Tears of Joy would rain down from Heavens if we managed to pull Lance but like you said I can't really see how him and K would mesh... But I hopethey can

Yo.... To me,

Lance Stephenson is one of those recruits where you wish he comes to your school, but if he doesn't, you just wanna see him go somewhere where he can showout... Cause dude is RIDICULOUSLY talented....I hope he goes to a team where the coach actually knows what to do w/ a guard like him....

This past year, for me, It was OJ and Mike Beasley, Year before that it was Sherron and Kevin Durant

I'd be surprised if he went there...from what I've read, that's not really an option as of now..

but with Lance...

He plays within the team game and is still aggressive. He'll hardly ever take a bad shot, he's a good, probably even a great passer...and when it'stime to win the game, he's gona win it. He'll never coast.

To me he's the best player in the class...maybe not the best prospect because he's not a big man...but right now, I'd take him over anyone else.

He needs to consider us Got Damnit!!! What The Hell Is Going On That We're Not An Option... I want to know Got Damnit!!! o_O

Yes I'm Irritated
smh.gif

He has the talent to be the best player in this class but if I were a coach the player I would actively be going after in this class would be Renardo Sidney. Ifeel that he has improved his game over the years in a way that speaks to him becoming the best player in this class. If people remember Lance has always beenat the top of this class until late last year. He is 6-10 with good high post and low post skills. Goes after boards and has a good hook shot. Has range out tothree point land and developing a consistent mid-range game. Renardo Sidney to me is the best player in this class.

I think it was the Favors kid that said....yeah Duke is showing interest but they won't communicate with me....just talking to my coaches and my dad.

He was confused as to what they're process is..idk what's goin on with how K goes about business now

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I think it was the Favors kid that said....yeah Duke is showing interest but they won't communicate with me....just talking to my coaches and my dad.

He was confused as to what they're process is..idk what's goin on with how K goes about business now

And this is how duke loses out on good players

Back
Top Bottom