College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by allen3xis

laugh.gif
...ESPN would love that match up, for sure.

Harangody, as expected couldn't take his team outa Round 1.

ND and Mike Brey are the biggest frauds in all of college basketball.

Can't win on the road and don't play D.

Yea and jack %+$@%*+ 30 threes a game.
smh.gif

Like it was said, Louisville will play dude if they feel they are missing a big body around the X-Mas break after the easier part of the schedule

laugh.gif
...ESPN would love that match up, for sure.

Harangody, as expected couldn't take his team outa Round 1.

ND and Mike Brey are the biggest frauds in all of college basketball.

Can't win on the road and don't play D.
They will smack the @%!% out of the hoyas this year. My man Harangody will give Freeman the biz. You will get the whitest dudes in history to smacky'all. Ben Hansbourough and Gody!!!! It's a renynolds!!!!

We play once at ND, yes they'll win that.

Doesn't mean they're going anywhere in March, or deserve preseason top 10 hype.

Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean anything. Does Pitt deserve top 5 hype? They didn't go any farther in the tourney last year then ND.They have their two best players returning, McLarney and Gody, the BE player of the year. This preseason stuff doesn't mean anything and when Gody isdropping buckets in March we will see if it was deserved.

No the pre season stuff doesn't mean anything.

But if you don't play D and can't win on the road, you're going nowhere fast.

they have some players, but Mike Brey can't coach.

the run and gun game is slowed down and they can't score. And they get beat. It happens year after year.

Like with Pitt...they defend, but they can never shoot the ball...so, no they won't win anything either.

when Gody is dropping buckets in March we will see if it was deserved.
Like his 3-17 performance to end the year?

He got shutdown, I am not going to lie. I am not a fan of Brey's coaching style as well but that Washington State defense was a top 3 D last year and theywon't be facing anything like that in the Big East. Sorry the Hoyas D this year is not serious without Hibbert in the middle. The only serious teams in theBE are Pitt, ND and the best of the bunch, UConn. I don't buy into Louisville without Padgett. I also don't trust Sosa.

Pitt and Uconn are 1,2 to me. In either order. Then I go Ville and ND 4th.

They DO score a lot of points and are basically unbeatable at home.

...Interior D? No, not as good...as a whole though, it'll be quicker and better come later in the year.

Pitt and Uconn are 1,2 to me. In either order. Then I go Ville and ND 4th. I mean Syracuse 3rd.

...Interior D? No, not as good...as a whole though, it'll be quicker and better come later in the year.

smokin.gif

*Taking we get back all healthy.

But last year we got pooped on at ND. Mcalarney was buckets. Something in the 9 or 10's for three pointers. There good at home, but nothing in March.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Pitt and Uconn are 1,2 to me. In either order. Then I go Ville and ND 4th. I mean Syracuse 3rd.

smokin.gif

But last year we got pooped on at ND. Mcalarney was buckets. Something in the 9 or 10's for three pointers. There good at home, but nothing in March.
Let's see them get in the actual tourney first. Who's is going to score in the interior for the Cuse anyway?

Damn, we just gave Crean a ten year extension without a single game. I don't even want to think about the year ahead for us. The Big Ten is a wackconfrence already but to be the worst team in it potentially??? I might come to tears this season.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Damn, we just gave Crean a ten year extension without a single game. I don't even want to think about the year ahead for us. The Big Ten is a wack confrence already but to be the worst team in it potentially??? I might come to tears this season.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What the %@%!????

smh.gif
smh.gif

[h1]IU's Crean contract: 10 years, $23.6M[/h1]

persbilde

By Mark Alesia

Posted: August 19, 2008

A

A

Indiana University men's basketball coach Tom Crean has signed a contract worth at least $23.6 million over 10 years.

Since being hired in April, Crean had been working under a "memorandum of understanding," which outlined the terms of his employment before a detailed contract was drafted and signed.

adlabel_horz.gif

The Indianapolis Star reported last month that IU had agreed to increase the length of the agreement from eight to 10 years.

Crean's buyout if he leaves before the end of the contract did not increase from the memorandum of understanding. It remains $3 million for the first three years, $2 million in the fourth and fifth years and $1 million per year for the rest of the deal.

Crean's compensation increases each year of the deal. The additional years are worth $2.64 million in 2016-17 and $2.72 million in 2017-18. He also can earn bonuses, including $250,000 for winning the national championship and $125,000 for winning outright, or tying for, the Big Ten regular season title.

laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by SCuse7

smokin.gif

Let's see them get in the actual tourney first. Who's is going to score in the interior for the Cuse anyway?

AO inside. Not much though. But Harris will play inside.

wait i thought when i read the headline that he was just now signing his deal. this fool got a new contract already? thats on some ND over paying the fat manreal quick type *$$#

Onuaku is decent for Cuse. Except he plays like a #$+#@ against Thabeet
laugh.gif

...and Hollis dropped to #52 and Leslie McDonald to #55
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Of course taking up the majority of the top spots are kids who aren't committed yet....go figure.

Really, rankings are pointless.

Back
Top Bottom