College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by haiti5

Haiti - new cezar guerrero vid on ballislife
smokin.gif
ima fan of this kid granted he grows a few more inches (which he should) and becomes more athletic(which comes with growing...i hope)

Naaaaaah Charlie......
laugh.gif

No way.

i dunno i jus feel that austin dayes learning curve is higher than earl..
frown.gif
im biased cuz he plays with my dude(fellow englewood native) Jeremy...hey we shall see tho.

Collison is the best PG in America this year though imo...
not if we have a healthy ty lawson roaming..no way im not goin
laugh.gif
...plus i aint been a UCLA fan since TJ Cummings was on the team..
roll.gif

but i was looking around and saw this site chicago area hoopers used to check for rankings and such..its cool looking back at this stuff

roll.gif
@ imari sawyer being ahead of DWADE..if we only knew
sick.gif

Matt Lottich
pimp.gif
i know yall remember him at stanford
[h1]Seniors (2000)[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Declared for the NBA Draft
[/td] [/tr][/table]
1) 6'9" Darius Miles WF East St. Louis (East St. Louis) AAU/Illinois Warriors- The most uncanny of players, in that at 6'9" he can do most anything. Believe it or not the one thing that he doesn't do often is post up. It is looking like he will qualify for college but will still choose the NBA route. [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
depaul.gif
2) 6'9" Andre Brown PF Leo (Chicago) AAU/Ferrari-
This power forward has an array of offensive post moves that he uses to dismantle his defender. Also, is a great rebounder and has great hands, which is vital for a post player to be dominant. [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
uic.gif
3) 6'3" Cedrick Banks G Westinghouse (Chicago) AAU/Illinois Hawks- This lanky guard has a bag full of tricks that allows him to rack up big numbers on the scoreboard. Extremely quick and definitely knows how to win, as he almost helped lead his high school team to a undefeated season last year and over the summer his AAU team captured the AAU National Championship in Orlando.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
depaul.gif
4) 6'2" Imari Sawyer PG M.L. King (Chicago) AAU/Illinois Fire-
Quick and creative, the DePaul-bound Sawyer is a combo guard that will be better suited for the point guard spot for college.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
marquette.gif
5) 6'4" Dwyane Wade WG/WF Richards (Oak Lawn) AAU/Illinois Warriors-
No real weaknesses in his game, Dwayne is a scoring machine on offense, and on defense he is adept at making crucial steals or blocks.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stanford.gif
6) 6'4" Matt Lottich SG New Trier (Winnetka) AAU/Illinois Warriors- Tenacity. That one word would fully suffice in describing Matt Lottich's game. Lottich always has his game-face on and plays every possession like it's his last. However, his game is not only about hustle, as Matt can hit from long-range with the best of them and his handle on the ball is capable of allowing him the point guard spot.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

But don't act like Imari wasn't on bidness though...I remember playing that Westinghouse team too, it was my first summer league game playing withVarsity just out of 8th grade...needless to say we got RAN

But don't act like Imari wasn't on bidness though...I remember playing that Westinghouse team too, it was my first summer league game playing with Varsity just out of 8th grade...needless to say we got RAN
nah he was he had the puma ad and all that...but after that bust of a year at depaul..i was soo dissapointed. what school did u go to?

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by friscostylez

imo if AJ Price didn't tear his ACL, everybody would be talking about him being the best PG in the nation. Yeah his D is average at best but DJ Augustin wasn't a best on D either.

To me, he was the 3rd best PG last year.

So yeah, I'd agree with that.

As far as Daye, the kid couldn't play over 20 minutes in the WCC. I wasn't impressed AT all. Sure he's tall and can shoot, but I need to see some production on the court.

There are 20 + college players at least I'd take over him.

Not pro potential, but college players.

edit*

actually probably 40+
Mid Feb I was saying he was the Big East POY.... Remember that Allen?

Me and you, both.

yea AJ Price was that dude before and after the laptops...dudes got that goon mentality tho..even when he was at LI lutheran

Long Island Lutheran also produced Drew Nicholas from Maryland. I think my ball team played them sophmore year. We got our cakes handed to us that game Ithink. I had the no look to my center who threw it down on their center though.

^ what school you go to?

AJ didn't go to LI Lutheran.
He went to Amityville, the most storied school here on LI.
But yeah, Amityville is hood.
Played with Jason Fraser from Nova.
Amityville was one of the only teams to beat Lebron in HS.

pimp.gif

Allen just doesn't wanna admit that Gody is the real BE POY
I would love to see him and Hansbroad go up against each other. Neither of them playing D and they each would give the other buckets. Don'tthey have the possibility of playing one another in one of the early tourneys?

The mother of Alex Stepheson tells the Los Angeles Times that he has opted for USC over Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, and UCLA. He will ask the NCAA to waive the year-in-residence requirement for transfers due to family medical hardship.

laugh.gif
...ESPN would love that match up, for sure.

Harangody, as expected couldn't take his team outa Round 1.

ND and Mike Brey are the biggest frauds in all of college basketball.

Can't win on the road and don't play D.

Jeff Drummond
CatsPause.com

Talk about it in Hoya Premium Court
Five-star Baltimore (Md.) Walbrook forward Roscoe Smith has a lot of work to do before he can start paring down a huge listof college scholarship offers, but he's also blessed with plenty of time to do it.

[table][tr][td]
ROSCOESMITH7_28200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Roscoe Smith[/td] [/tr][/table]One of the elite prospects in the Class of 2010, Smith is taking a different approach to his recruitment than many young playersthese days.

"He hasn't really looked at it that close," said the player's father, Brian Smith. "It's so early. I know a lot of guys are decidingwhat they want to do early these days, but Roscoe isn't one of them. We've got our eyes and ears open to everybody right now."

Everybody is almost literal. It's hard to find a major college program that hasn't offered the nation's No. 16 prospect in the juniorclass. A partial list of schools showing serious interest looks like a typical AP Top 25 Poll: UConn, Duke, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland,North Carolina, Texas and UCLA.

"Most recently, he's picked up offers from Syracuse, Marquette, the University of California and UCLA," Brian Smith said.

As a sophomore, Smith (6-7, 180) averaged 23 points, 11 rebounds, seven assists and seven blocked shots. He is noted for his explosiveness, versatility andimpressive length.

"An electric athlete with length, Smith is a slasher and active rebounder," says Rivals.com national basketball analyst Jerry Meyer. "Hefinishes well around the basket and has a broad skill base which is in the process of developing. Comfortable with the ball both on the perimeter and theinterior, Smith is also a versatile defender."

Kentucky got involved this spring, and Brian Smith says solid interest has been established on the family's part.

"They've shown a lot of interest, made him an offer," he said. "They're definitely one of the schools we'll be thinking about.It's a really strong program, so there's major interest, but like I said earlier, it's real early."

Asked what type of factors will be important to the player and family as they attempt to develop a working list of schools, Brian Smith said: "First andforemost, who can help Roscoe grow as a person, socially and academically, as well as on the basketball court. Then, of course, there's the hope that youcan find someone who can get the most out of his ability and help him develop his game to get to the next level.

"We'll be trying to identify who can do that, then wait to see who wants him the most."

The UK staff will face a significant challenge in courting Smith from ACC country. The Wildcats have not featured a player from Maryland since Bob Windsor(1965-66). Former UK standout Keith Bogans played at DeMatha Catholic in Maryland, but was from Alexandria, Va.

And what else is new...

[h2]Derrick Caracter Leaving Louisville?
Posted on Aug 17, 2008 4:33 pm[/h2]
Rumors out of Louisville have Derrick Caracter leaving the program for an NAIA school in Oklahoma City, but I haven't beenable to confirm anything just yet.

"As long as he's in New Jersey and I am here, I don't know what he's going to do," said Stacy Brooks, a professor inthe Pan-African Studies Department at Louisville who has become an adviser to the 6-foot-9, 270-pound Caracter, a native of Fanwood, N.J.

"I don't know anything. I know his mom really wants him to be playing right now."

Caracter had been offered an opportunity to return to the Louisvillebasketball team for the 2009-10 season, assuming he met various academic and athletic criteria set out by head coach Rick Pitino.

But Caracter has been home in New Jersey for several weeks and now his future remains unclear. He worked at the Summer Heatt Basketball Camp at Midland ParkHigh School in July and received some advice from Pete Vasil, theformer Plainfield High coach, who urged him to return to Louisville and fulfill Pitino's expectations.

"He worked a couple of camps of mine, and I haven't heard from him since," said Joe Jackson, who ran the camp.

Come on Roscoe...

Make the right decision...

Come to Durham....

I promise, by that time, we'll have a big man and you won't have to play the 5.

(I hop)

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP)-West Virginia and three other schools that made deep runs in the NCAA tournament will meet in the Jimmy V Classic doubleheader onDec. 9 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The 14th annual event, announced Wednesday, is named in honor of the late North Carolina State coach Jim Valvano and benefits The V Foundation for CancerResearch.

West Virginia and Davidson will play at 7 p.m. EST. Texas will play Villanova at 9 p.m. Both games will be shownon ESPN.

Villanova and West Virginia were ousted in the regional semifinals and Texas and Davidson were regional finalists.

The seventh annual Jimmy V Women's Basketball Classic on Dec. 8 will pit Georgia at Rutgers at 7 p.m. on ESPN2.

West Virginia and Davidson will play at 7 p.m. EST. Texas will play Villanova at 9 p.m. Both games will be shown on ESPN.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Should be good.

Davidson getting some primetime action. Steph is gonna show out. We'll get to see very early on, whether he is strictly a 2 guard, or if he really hasthose PG capabilities...

If your charcter why would u want to sit out of here just because your head coach is been a %##@+*!? He got his grades up and been a good boy the whole summerI see no reason why pittino is doing that to him stop been a stuborn old man and let the kick play. It seems like DC knows its his last straw so shaped up

I think if he really has shaped up..

Pitino WILL let him play this season.

Basketball to Pitino is a business....this season he has a chance for a Final 4...he'll cover his bases now but if he feels he needs Caracter, he'll beback.

this dude caracter has severe emotional problems smh...dude is turning into a carlos hurt

I don't think he should go down that far. He could go D2 and play right away also. Like Bowie State...who is the home of super talented D1 rejects.

Back
Top Bottom