College niketalkers chime in....how do you concentrate on your work without being distracted?

there's some places (like my apartment) where it's just tougher for me to get work done. if i go to the library or a study room i can focus a lot better.

there's some places (like my apartment) where it's just tougher for me to get work done. if i go to the library or a study room i can focus a lot better.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

i know that feel bro, after about 12 faps my mind is ready.
1310148717001.png

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I couldn't live without music. Music helps me focus when I study.
lies
this dude is an adderall fiend

that's a serious accusation man, I don't and have never used adderall. A strong fear of failure + OCD + insomnia + the right amount of anxiety keeps me awake and focused. I'm on break and not studying (clearly no need for adderall) and I have the exact same sleep schedule. My mom has been WTFing since I got here cause I literally sleep 4hrs a day.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I couldn't live without music. Music helps me focus when I study.
lies
this dude is an adderall fiend

that's a serious accusation man, I don't and have never used adderall. A strong fear of failure + OCD + insomnia + the right amount of anxiety keeps me awake and focused. I'm on break and not studying (clearly no need for adderall) and I have the exact same sleep schedule. My mom has been WTFing since I got here cause I literally sleep 4hrs a day.

Shut off the computer, turn off the tv and just sit in a comfortable place or position and just open the book and keep an open mind and analyze. It will give your mind something to do so your thoughts don't wander off.

Shut off the computer, turn off the tv and just sit in a comfortable place or position and just open the book and keep an open mind and analyze. It will give your mind something to do so your thoughts don't wander off.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I think... get this %%+% done and take another step towards being rich or don't and be poor.

THIS, it will def give you some motivation

I think... get this %%+% done and take another step towards being rich or don't and be poor.

THIS, it will def give you some motivation

1.  Go to the quietest place you can find on campus (Don't study at home).
2.  Put your electronics somewhere you can't reach them quickly unless you're using them to study.
3.  When you're reading/study actually try to comprehend the material instead of memorizing it. 

Think real hard about that. It should help.

http://niketalk.com/topic/199635/Is-College-Overrated?page=4

The people you meet and the knowledge/ideas you can steal borrow and improve upon
nerd.gif
make college worthwhile. It's all good to have drive, but if you have nothing to sell, that drive is only going to take you so far.

Think real hard about that. It should help.

http://niketalk.com/topic/199635/Is-College-Overrated?page=4

The people you meet and the knowledge/ideas you can steal borrow and improve upon
nerd.gif
make college worthwhile. It's all good to have drive, but if you have nothing to sell, that drive is only going to take you so far.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Download instrumentals. I've done some of my best work to the instrumentals from "Graduation"
QFT. You can never go wrong with instrumentals bro, just let the music play. Also go to the library and maybe check out a study room.

1.  Go to the quietest place you can find on campus (Don't study at home).
2.  Put your electronics somewhere you can't reach them quickly unless you're using them to study.
3.  When you're reading/study actually try to comprehend the material instead of memorizing it. 

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Download instrumentals. I've done some of my best work to the instrumentals from "Graduation"
QFT. You can never go wrong with instrumentals bro, just let the music play. Also go to the library and maybe check out a study room.

think about having no job and being poor and not being able to do the things you love...that should get you focused

think about having no job and being poor and not being able to do the things you love...that should get you focused

I hate to say this, but its the truth. I usually wait until the last minute. I somehow seem to perform in the clutch. I guess the best thing to say is you know what you have to do, just get it done. 2 weeks early or 2 minutes before class, just get it done.

GL in your studies.

Back
Top Bottom