***COLLEGE NT'ERS*** Is cheating a common practice???

I did when I was in college. It's not like the things you were studying/learning is that detrimental to your life. Take a class, do homework, study and pass the class with an A or B. The least work and time you can achieve this the better think.

I did when I was in college. It's not like the things you were studying/learning is that detrimental to your life. Take a class, do homework, study and pass the class with an A or B. The least work and time you can achieve this the better think.

Depends what you call cheating!

I use to get my friends old test and use those to study from so I knew what was expected. MOst of the time the teacher gave you the old test any ways. On my Prob/Stat finally a friend of mine had a practice test from like 3 years ago when he took it, and let me have it. Turned out to be the exact same test I had the next day. I dont call that cheating that was dumb luck.

But like my college football coach said "If you aint cheating, you aint trying"...

Depends what you call cheating!

I use to get my friends old test and use those to study from so I knew what was expected. MOst of the time the teacher gave you the old test any ways. On my Prob/Stat finally a friend of mine had a practice test from like 3 years ago when he took it, and let me have it. Turned out to be the exact same test I had the next day. I dont call that cheating that was dumb luck.

But like my college football coach said "If you aint cheating, you aint trying"...

Oh and for the dudes that say you need to "know" that stuff for jobs it kinda depends on what you are doing.... Yea Doctors Engineers and such may need to study a lil

But pretty much everyone else will get on the job training. I have always felt that college just proves how much bs you are willing to go thru for that specific job you want. Most people I know do not use 80% of what they learn in a college classroom in their everyday job. Hell half these people in college won't even get a job in their particular field of study.

Oh and for the dudes that say you need to "know" that stuff for jobs it kinda depends on what you are doing.... Yea Doctors Engineers and such may need to study a lil

But pretty much everyone else will get on the job training. I have always felt that college just proves how much bs you are willing to go thru for that specific job you want. Most people I know do not use 80% of what they learn in a college classroom in their everyday job. Hell half these people in college won't even get a job in their particular field of study.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I plan to this afternoon, hope the person next to me studied.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Econ is for suckers..

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

The number is MUCH bigger than that.

This past term I heard of a group of kids who had the actual midterm + key a few days before the test.

Was suppoesed to study with them but couldnt due to other obligations but didnt find out about that til after the test

I dont know if its common though, ive seen people looking %++$ up on thier phones and I just SMH cause that is a good way to get caught and in trouble..

I have written on my calculator, baller band, and pink pearl eraser and thats about as far as ill go. Dont need it for the most part, dont see anything wrong with it, Im doing all i can to get this grade, if anything should be an A for effort LOL

But is getting class material that a friend took the term before, like tests and assignments really cheating? Especially if the teacher doesn't change anything thing, what do they expect?

This past term I heard of a group of kids who had the actual midterm + key a few days before the test.

Was suppoesed to study with them but couldnt due to other obligations but didnt find out about that til after the test

I dont know if its common though, ive seen people looking %++$ up on thier phones and I just SMH cause that is a good way to get caught and in trouble..

I have written on my calculator, baller band, and pink pearl eraser and thats about as far as ill go. Dont need it for the most part, dont see anything wrong with it, Im doing all i can to get this grade, if anything should be an A for effort LOL

But is getting class material that a friend took the term before, like tests and assignments really cheating? Especially if the teacher doesn't change anything thing, what do they expect?

QFTMFT 
pimp.gif

QFTMFT 
pimp.gif

Cheating is the American way. I remember back in HS some kids at my school straight hacked into the schools computer system and changed grades. I don't know what I would've done if I would've heard that was going down before the end of my senior year. I might've had to erase a few bad grades lol.

Cheating is the American way. I remember back in HS some kids at my school straight hacked into the schools computer system and changed grades. I don't know what I would've done if I would've heard that was going down before the end of my senior year. I might've had to erase a few bad grades lol.

there's a cheating network/ mafia whatever you wanna call it at the school i went too. I felt hoodwinked like I was the only one there struggling to handle a job and make a b while everyone else cheated and made a's.

there's a cheating network/ mafia whatever you wanna call it at the school i went too. I felt hoodwinked like I was the only one there struggling to handle a job and make a b while everyone else cheated and made a's.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Lol I was being nice.... Hell I'm bout to have a masters and I still aint even sure this is what I'mma be doing. Honestly the first person to throw me a job with some nice pay I'm taking it. I don't give a damn if that %*** is in my field of study or not... On the job training %++*%

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Lol I was being nice.... Hell I'm bout to have a masters and I still aint even sure this is what I'mma be doing. Honestly the first person to throw me a job with some nice pay I'm taking it. I don't give a damn if that %*** is in my field of study or not... On the job training %++*%

I remember when I first got an iphone, I downloaded an app that opened .pdf files. I would scan in some notes for the test, put them on the phone and use the phone when stuck on a problem.
pimp.gif

I remember when I first got an iphone, I downloaded an app that opened .pdf files. I would scan in some notes for the test, put them on the phone and use the phone when stuck on a problem.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

The risk ain't worth the reward and multiple exam types have put an end to cheating

there are different forms of cheating.

In engineering, the most common form is sticking formulas, definitions, and old exam questions into your TI-89.

I used to stick ENTIRE old exams into my TI-89. Type that $#%@ out on the pc, and transfer it to my TI-89 via usb. There is no way you can get an A in some of these classes and maintain a decent social life.

Cheating off a random person is really rolling the dice. I tend to be towards the high end of the bell curve, so I'm usually better off studying then copying somebody who will probably score worse than me.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

The risk ain't worth the reward and multiple exam types have put an end to cheating

there are different forms of cheating.

In engineering, the most common form is sticking formulas, definitions, and old exam questions into your TI-89.

I used to stick ENTIRE old exams into my TI-89. Type that $#%@ out on the pc, and transfer it to my TI-89 via usb. There is no way you can get an A in some of these classes and maintain a decent social life.

Cheating off a random person is really rolling the dice. I tend to be towards the high end of the bell curve, so I'm usually better off studying then copying somebody who will probably score worse than me.

Normally I don't, but on Friday I had an ECON final that had two 10 pt questions on SHAKESPEARE 
indifferent.gif
 (I looked up the professors notes after class, and yeah he did mention a few Shakespeare stories but they were completely irrelevant to the subject matter of that lecture
laugh.gif
) Needless to say, I told the professor I had to go to the bathroom, sprinted to library and looked that @#$% up 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom