College students, do you work?

And if so, where do you work? Im a junior right now, broke as a mofo. Im studying abroad this semester, but not having much money has put a damper on theexperience (after i applied, tried to switch to spring semester cause it woulda been better for me financially, but it was too late. it was either go now, ortry to change to spring semester with not a great chance of getting in). This past summer, i woulda worked, but instead, i took an unpaid internship that igot, which ended up not being the experience i had hoped for, but still ended up broke at the end of the summer
ohwell.gif
and of course, can't work legally while abroad, so I'm freakinrestless.
Needless to say, i've learned my lesson, ill be working on campus next semester, and im doing my research early for my summer plans. applying to severalpaid internships, and looking up on summer jobs too as backup. I have been broke for far too long, and I am ready to get myself outta this mess.

Those of you who are students, do you work? any of you have good paying jobs? it seems difficult to have a decent source of income as a student, just wonderingif any of you guys had accomplished it.

im a freshman and i work on weekends when i go back home. i go to a UC and home is like 45 mins away

I'm with you I'm broke as a joke with cc debt piling up high. I had a p/t job than got cut loose due to restaffing in the company. It's hardfinding a job right now with the hours I'm going to be in school during this 6 week winter course. Spring semester I'm taking all night classes sohopefully I'll have better luck finding work than. Right now I'm just trying to sell on ebay and the forums here and there to have some cash right now.

I'm a junior, I've been broadcasting athletic events at my school since freshman year, and I've been coaching middle school basketball since sophyear.

They're two of the easiest and most fun jobs you'll ever come across if you like sports.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

I'm a junior, I've been broadcasting athletic events at my school since freshman year, and I've been coaching middle school basketball since soph year.

They're two of the easiest and most fun jobs you'll ever come across if you like sports.
pimp.gif
good for you, man. I wish i had something like this. At myschool, even when i do go back to work next semester, there's not that many great jobs around campus, so i wont even be making that much, and wont get towork a lotta hours either. it'll def be better than nothing though.

2 jobs, one with Monster as a campus rep, easiest job ever, and one very very very part time at sports authority

I'm almost done with my first semester in college as a Freshman. I worked at FedEx for about a month and a half and I recently quit about 2 weeks ago now.
smh.gif

when i was at a csu i was pushing 32hours/week my freshman year than about 35+ hours my years after freshman year.

freshman year was
pimp.gif
250/week as an 18year old with no responsibilies except put gas in the whip

I work about 48 hours a week. And I make really good money working for a hospital. But I still go to school. Not fulltime like I want to but in these times Ithink a good paying is worth to me then being a full time student.

Work anywhere from 12-25 hours a week at a department retailer. Averaging about $12 hour.

Yes. I work 12 hours every Saturday from 5 PM - 5 AM as a supervisor for security at the university. I would have been able to get more shifts but I finishedmy training later than the two who trained before me. Its enough to get me by from week to week. Just need it to pay off my CC bills.

nope, i applied like crazy during the summer and a little during this semester. I just gave up after i didnt get anything

Back
Top Bottom