Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

But here's the thing even understanding simple supply and demand doesn't explain the price increases. You still have to dive a little deeper. At some point in any market there is a point where the consumer says this is entirely too much and the price adjusts from there. Or people continue to pay the increase as in what happens with JB. For retros, JB has created a perfect market. Supply and demand is always going to be perfectly matched for JB retros (only retros cause lets face it team jordans are weak). They've set a price point higher and higher and you can choose to walk away, and many do. They are in quite a unique sphere where they can charge absolutely whatever they want and people will continue to buy them. There is no competition and according to JB and it's consumers there is nothing like the latest retro. Because there is "no competition" they really can charge whatever they want.

Here's where it gets tricky. Supply and demand changes when you have competitors. If checkers raises the price of that burger too much, people will just go to Wendy's or Burger King or any other place. Checkers sees this, prices go down. Going back to the example of Air Maxes, most people who buy air maxes understand that there are competitors and would not continue to purchase if prices got out of hand. Most jordan buyers, including myself when I use to buy, do not see competition and have to have this ONE shoe. Regardless of the fact that there are shoes that look like, that cost less, have better tech, in the consumer's eyes there is the one shoe, there is no alternative. JB understands this and charges whatever they want to, thus creating their perfect market where every retro will sell out instantly. Most casual shoe buyers want a certain style or color and understand that there are alternatives. Kudos to JB for brainwashing us and creating insane demand. Once you realize that there are competitors and these are simply pieces of leather for walking and protection, although they do look nice, you either walk away or continue to buy. The more who walk away and buy a competitor, the more the prices drop. But not enough will walk away so once again kudos to JB.
its simple enuff but you just cant comprehend 

How is it that I don't comprehend? Bruh, I studied and taught Econ. By saying it's simple supply and demand shows that you're lacking when I clearly just explained factors that contribute to supply and demand and price adjustment. Retros just do not follow the normal laws of supply and demand, but I don't get it.

I applaud you and your family for the come up, but you're too blinded by brand loyalty to see how things really work/should work. The concept of people want it so I'll charge whatever I want is simple. The argument is that if enough people don't pay the price then the price will drop. But somehow I don't understand the concept :rolleyes. As a consumer you have the power to drive the market with your purchases, but you understand this right? :rolleyes. By agreeing to continuously pay these price increases you are setting up a market to continue to be raped by JB. One day hopefully you'll realize enough is enough.

[quote name="RustyShackleford" url=
am i the only one that thinks the OG mold is ugly? 99 mold looks good, i wish they remastered wc 4s with nike air next year

Bruh I'm with you 100%, I like most OG shapes best but the OG 4 are not one of them that I prefer.

How is it that I don't comprehend? Bruh, I studied and taught Econ. By saying it's simple supply and demand shows that you're lacking when I clearly just explained factors that contribute to supply and demand and price adjustment. Retros just do not follow the normal laws of supply and demand, but I don't get it.

I applaud you and your family for the come up, but you're too blinded by brand loyalty to see how things really work/should work. The concept of people want it so I'll charge whatever I want is simple. The argument is that if enough people don't pay the price then the price will drop. But somehow I don't understand the concept :rolleyes. As a consumer you have the power to drive the market with your purchases, but you understand this right? :rolleyes. By agreeing to continuously pay these price increases you are setting up a market to continue to be raped by JB. One day hopefully you'll realize enough is enough.
literally on the money with this. Despite wanting pairs I pass very often. Unfortunately there are these JB zealots who cop every release and will always keep the demand up. I try to use this to my advantage too though. For example I am a pippen fan. Most these young kids who collect Jordan's don't even know of Scottie or how dope the pippen line is. They sit, I wait patiently and get some kicks on sale. We vote with our dollar and I try to make every cent I spend meaningful.

literally on the money with this. Despite wanting pairs I pass very often. Unfortunately there are these JB zealots who cop every release and will always keep the demand up. I try to use this to my advantage too though. For example I am a pippen fan. Most these young kids who collect Jordan's don't even know of Scottie or how dope the pippen line is. They sit, I wait patiently and get some kicks on sale. We vote with our dollar and I try to make every cent I spend meaningful.
Is pippen a new player? Joking

I loved the Pippen 3's as a kid, miss that era.

I believe that these will be easy........IF YOU REALLY WANT THEM. Nice colorway, supposedly great leather, but I will probably switch out those round laces.

I believe that these will be easy........IF YOU REALLY WANT THEM. Nice colorway, supposedly great leather, but I will probably switch out those round laces.
yes i reallly want these. these came out when i was a sophmore in highschool. i was poor and broke (still poor and broke cuz of JB). was only able to cop the oreo ivs with my hard earn money from Long John Silvers. these and the Oreos is a must cop for 2015.

It really puzzles me that ALOT of people DONT know that you can copp J's online. I mean if anyone misses out on a pair, it's because they are lazy and/or impatient. I see the chaos with 8-9 hundred people in line for 100 tickets and think "Why? All they have to do is sleep in their own bed and wake up at 6:30 to make sure their devices are working properly and wait until 7." But they prefer the madness of camping for days when I'm Mr. MANUAL and haven't missed a release date. I see people all the time and they like "how did you get yours?" When I say online, they mouths suddenly open and close like a Venus Flytrap. With that being said, bring on the 10th of January while I sleep in the comfort of my home.

That Online thing can be tricky...I have paid for cart services and still did not get the shoes. You must have Verizon Fios or know a website where there is not that much traffic. 

I have nothing specia but ATT Uverse. Now I may have to spend 2-3 at my computers, but I always eventually get through. It's good to have a mobile device like an iPad too cause that Java script on desktop/laptops can shut you down.

I think allot of people who did not get the Legend blue 11s will be trying to get these come january
And people who copped the Legend XIs will too.  This is a clean retro.  And I like 4s.  Hopefully people will be broke from the Christmas releases.

That Online thing can be tricky...I have paid for cart services and still did not get the shoes. You must have Verizon Fios or know a website where there is not that much traffic. 
Not really lol. I use my apartment wifi which isn't the greatest and I just add them to my cart on NDC when it hits 8:00am. Then I do the same thing on my phone and any other mobile device I have with me. With the Legend Blues I had a desktop, my work computer(I work from home), my laptop, phone and tablet. My personal desktop is connected to the internet via ethernet cable so I presume it's faster than any devices connected via wifi. So I added them to my cart on my personal desktop first, then my work computer, then my lapttop, then phone(4g with Verizon), then tablet.

Surprisingly they were in my cart first on my phone even though it was probably like 8:01 when I added them. But sometimes it's first on my desktop. 

I got the black infrared 6s using public wifi at a McDonalds when I was on vacation.  Every other release was done the same way as the 11s though.

I'm just wondering will most of these remastered joints still drop in the usual local and online spots or are we going to have to get back to networking. Don't want to enter no raffle for all these

This release will be easy peeY after dealing with the hype and craziness of the black infrareds and legend blues, which I copped 3 pairs each of

I'm hoping the average buyer will be turned off by the price since there is nothing "special" about this release. It isn't releasing on Black Friday or before x-mas. Sneakerheads will buy this shoe regardless of the price but th majority of people are not sneakerheads. I'm thinking shoes like this will slowly but surely get easier to buy.

Last edited:
I agree with most but i look at remastered as better quality so I hope JB will produce a better product meaning no more paint cracking, quality leather that last. If this is the case then a price increase would not get so much kick back because people would get exactly what they pay for, I'm just hoping that when I pick this shoe up the difference in quality would be like going from vhs to blu-ray imo...

But here's the thing even understanding simple supply and demand doesn't explain the price increases. You still have to dive a little deeper. At some point in any market there is a point where the consumer says this is entirely too much and the price adjusts from there. Or people continue to pay the increase as in what happens with JB. For retros, JB has created a perfect market. Supply and demand is always going to be perfectly matched for JB retros (only retros cause lets face it team jordans are weak). They've set a price point higher and higher and you can choose to walk away, and many do. They are in quite a unique sphere where they can charge absolutely whatever they want and people will continue to buy them. There is no competition and according to JB and it's consumers there is nothing like the latest retro. Because there is "no competition" they really can charge whatever they want.

Here's where it gets tricky. Supply and demand changes when you have competitors. If checkers raises the price of that burger too much, people will just go to Wendy's or Burger King or any other place. Checkers sees this, prices go down. Going back to the example of Air Maxes, most people who buy air maxes understand that there are competitors and would not continue to purchase if prices got out of hand. Most jordan buyers, including myself when I use to buy, do not see competition and have to have this ONE shoe. Regardless of the fact that there are shoes that look like, that cost less, have better tech, in the consumer's eyes there is the one shoe, there is no alternative. JB understands this and charges whatever they want to, thus creating their perfect market where every retro will sell out instantly. Most casual shoe buyers want a certain style or color and understand that there are alternatives. Kudos to JB for brainwashing us and creating insane demand. Once you realize that there are competitors and these are simply pieces of leather for walking and protection, although they do look nice, you either walk away or continue to buy. The more who walk away and buy a competitor, the more the prices drop. But not enough will walk away so once again kudos to JB.
True, I remeber when you could get retros on sale. You are right JB knows that shoe will sell out within a hour @retailers and within minutes online so from a marketing stand point why not remaster in 2015 and increase prices. People will continue to camp out days in advance, take off work & school in order to cop that fresh pair whether to rock & stock or come up on a ridiculous profit from reselling. No competition really because Kobes, Lebrons,KD's,D Roses just won't bring a demand (long lines) like a retro J will. I'm guilty of the hype too because I buy what I like but some J's just have that story from back in the day. We all could start wearing KSwiss

Back
Top Bottom