Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

it just feels good to win some damn raffles again lol.
2015 is off to a good start 
smokin.gif

I honestly would love to get some insight as to why certain state's like The Dakota's, Montana, and Wyoming don't get any consistent love and keep taking L's.

its due to the sales volume of the stores

i know some are just gunna say well send them stuff and the sales will increase

but its technically not that simple

lets use dakota for example

the HOH in dakota might be a mere 1-2mil a year volume building

so the buyers will look at it as the volume is very low compared to other location across the country

so dakota grouping of stores is not a priority

so they get crumbs and sometimes not even that

1-2 mil is the low end of a HOH FTL etc...

now mind you thats TOTAL REVENUE meaning shoes apparel socks laces cleaners EVERYTHING

so the buyers for the stores look at it as say outta 1 mil a year only 400K is sneaker sales in that location 300K is payroll/rent etc.. and remaining 300K is apparel etc...

so its deemed as

the sneaker demand is not high in this market

also keep in mind that a large portion of this revenue is 100% liquid

meaning that anywhere from 250K and up is just recycled revenue to stock all upcoming product for the year so your never down and stray in the green never the black or red

so the profit margin for a 1 mil building after the liquid part is pulled out and payroll rent etc... could only be 500K(or more or less just an example)

because of this buyers for the stores in these markets are not aggressive with it and will SLOWLY increase allocations if at all

as its looked at as the market is very small there give priority to another location

now is it fair to people that live in those markets??

not at all

buut business and budget wise it makes perfect sense

now lets take HOH 34th street nyc

this is a very small location

but its a 10 mil a year building and has prime location

a buyer for that store will be far more agressive due to the sales revenue BUT also due to its location and foot traffic its not much of a gamble to send them a push

they had just shy of 1K legend 11's

and were sent a push an an additional 400 closeer to drop date

thats roughly 1400 pairs in ONE location on an avenue with a ton of shoe stores

many of which are sister stores

odds are dakota wyoming montana HOH didnt get 1400 pairs COMBINED

Now that the business aspect of it is explained to me in a manner that makes sense, I see the big picture and at the end of the day you gotta do what's best for business even if it sucks for the people affected. It would be nice to see the Dakota's, Montana, and Wyoming on the Launch Locator's one day eating with the rest of us.

Now that the business aspect of it is explained to me in a manner that makes sense, I see the big picture and at the end of the day you gotta do what's best for business even if it sucks for the people affected. It would be nice to see the Dakota's, Montana, and Wyoming on the Launch Locator's one day eating with the rest of us.

Why did that even need to be explained to you? Go look at the population of those states. Much less spread out the population is.

Man, how I wish JB would have released the Oreo 6's last year. Corgi posted the Oreo 6's in my size 13 earlier at a pretty decent price, but I'm gunning for these Columbia 4's :smh:.

:\ Welp.. Guess I'll see if Sheikh has one for me tomorrow or up to the mall/ online again Sat..

Got my call from NT Mall Of America for the What The Kobe's  (needed some new shoes to hoop in) and the 4's.  I NEVER win raffles, so it makes me think these were released in large quantities or I just got lucky.   Either way, I wear my shoes and am extremely excited to see quality on the 4s.  

NT Chi called me earlier. Hopefully it won't be a 5 hour wait(i know it won't :lol: ) picking it up on my lunch break :D

Someone wanna explain the origin of the pizza obsession .. every thread now yall talkin bout pizza party

It used to be every few releases but now its EVERY

Got my call!

A lot of people are saying that the Columbias were the reason for raffles at their places because of safety. My mall holds them cause of that as well because the release of the white out foams a couple years back.

It was the bred 1's then it went hard in the blk infa 6. Now a lot of new folks starting to OD with it. In fact it's lost all mening at this point to be honest it's just something to say now once s raffle is won or pair secured.

Walked in Stonebriar Champs and did the raffle at 430 today and got a call back at 715 tonight.....this release is not hyped at all. Cats are sleeping on these...

Someone wanna explain the origin of the pizza obsession .. every thread now yall talkin bout pizza party

It used to be every few releases but now its EVERY
The OG pizza party was in the bred 1 thread, then the black infrared was the reunion and I guess a lot of new guys started thinking there's a pizza party every release

Back
Top Bottom