Comedy Central Roast of James Franco...on now

I think you all are being way too critical. it's a damn roast. Not a nationwide comedy tour airing on a HBO special trying to win the stand up comedy award.

Looking back at it Aziz took a huge L. He is now the Wale of comedy. Getting mad butt hurt over some jokes. Did he watch the other roast? Didn't he know what he was signing up for?

Looking back at it Aziz took a huge L. He is now the Wale of comedy. Getting mad butt hurt over some jokes. Did he watch the other roast? Didn't he know what he was signing up for?

He was definitely hurt. The funniest thing he did the whole night was that fruity hand slap on the couch every time he laughed.

He was definitely hurt. The funniest thing he did the whole night was that fruity hand slap on the couch every time he laughed.

Haha yea he looked like he was paralyzed waist down and that arm was the only thing he could use to show that he was laughing

Best line for me was that cupboard one

I think you all are being way too critical. it's a damn roast. Not a nationwide comedy tour airing on a HBO special trying to win the stand up comedy award.

how so...these guys are professionals...I could see if this was amateur night a carolines or something... But this is "usually" a once a year event... on a channel called COMEDY central. There should be ..."shot in the dark" comedy involved. When you look back over the last maybe decade or so of these specials... and do a compare and contrast this is easily one of the weakest arguably the weakest display posted in recent memory.

Roasts are great. Interesting coming to this thread to see such a range of opinions. Here are mine

Best of the night
-Ross
-Natasha
-Aziz
-Jonah

Meh
-Hader
-Kroll
-Silverman

Weak
-Samberg
-Seth
-Franco's closing

comeon guys, Norm didnt pioneer the idea of turning roasting upside down.
I'm sayin' yall dudes must really hate Andy.

It was purposely over the top, meant to be super obvious, and end up really gay. If you don't like it cool but keep saying it's a ripoff is disingenuous.

I'm not saying he ripped off something Norm created or owns the rights to... but that he tried to copy something that was successful (arguably) for someone else. I was thinking Andy thought to himself, "this worked for Norm so I'm gonna do it."

And IMO he did copy it decently well. I'm not hating on his performance, just pointing out that it was awfully similar.

Last edited:
I really liked Hader's President of Hollywood roast and also Samberg's.

The Phil Hartman joke by Natasha was a little cold. lol

PS - Also died every time they showed Hader laughing.

Last edited:
Knew Samberg wouldn't be mean to anyone.

Didn't really notice Aziz being hurt by the jokes.

Didn't really notice Aziz being hurt by the jokes.
This. About to watch again. :lol:

"I wanna make fun of you for being friends with Kanye but truthfully that's the only cool thing about you." lmao

Last edited:
Maybe he was doing the excessive laughing and slapping his knee to mask the pain.

Granted, the jokes about Aziz were "he's Indian and likes Kanye" which are kind of dated and unoriginal... then again, he's Aziz Ansari so there's not a lot of available material to draw from.

He definitely took it the most personal out of the people up there.

Maybe he was doing the excessive laughing and slapping his knee to mask the pain.

There were times where he did like a half knee slap and looked really stung :lol:

I thought Jonah's reactions to jokes about him were hilarious, esp when Jeff Ross went up there... he was scared and looking forward to it at the same time...

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty funny overall...

only thing I didn't like was Seth Rogan's uncomfortable laugh.

ehh those racist jokes aimed at aziz weren't funny. oh he's a snake charmer, he attracts flies bwahahaha! - real base and outdated type ****

that chick had some other funny jokes, but went downhill when she relied too much on that gimmick to catch laughs

ain't wit it

Back
Top Bottom