Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

any1 school me on the Jay-Howard stern beef?

and I never knew rosie and jay had beef also, roasie said some of the truest things Ive ever heard in that talkshow, and kimmels last words were real talk also

jay leno is a straight bag of dirt
It involved Jay stealing his bits and he went behind Howard's back when he took Stuttering John

Originally Posted by DublBagn

and I never knew rosie and jay had beef also, roasie said some of the truest things Ive ever heard in that talkshow, and kimmels last words were real talk also

Jay and Howard have had beef for a super long time on the grounds of Jay stealing howards bits...jay walking was OG done by stern...the earn your plug thing he does now has been done by stern for years.....just to name a few...plus jay tried for years to steal a bunch of howards workers before he finally succeeded in stealing john form the stern show..

the more you listen (even before this NBC debacle) people hate jay because he felt like he was owed the job and he kind of down low jacked the show from letterman back in the day. Comics hate him because he does not help out stand up comics, which he once was.....
Not to mention Headlines, one of Jay's most famous bits was stolen from Letterman. Dave was doing that ten years before on his original LateNight show.

Everyone says Jay is a nice guy and does charity work which no one can deny, but there's overwhelming criticism from comedians towards him. The consensusis that Leno is selfish, back-stabbing, and a hack.

Looks like NBC heads trying to keep Conan off the air for 3 years, don't they know Conan is represented by the REAL Ari Gold
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

He stole Stuttering John and some of his early bits.

jimmy taking shots at jay leno lol
if conan has to wait 3yrs, i could see him replacing letterman

they want to keep him off the air for 3 years because he is still under contract....but NBC has a loop hole to work with.....they promised conan the tonightshow.....but the contract does not specify time.....so conan wants 11:35 and he might get his old time slot with a new name....but if he gets money form NBC,he basically is still under contract and is getting paid to not work.....

I hope they work this out, so they put jay back on at 11:35 and allow conan to leave and go to another network...so when leno fails horribly he can laugh atthem from a well paid chair on another network...

is kimmel the new sprewell? talking about we have families to raise
laugh.gif

i do feel sorry for the staff of the show, though...

I always laughed when conando made jokes about NBC. Now I know WHY. Because it's true. The Execs there ARE idiots.
laugh.gif

Eventually, Coco will end up on top and Leno will fail again. What makes anyone think that leno will succeed on late night after sucking so bad on prime time?

NBC = IDIOTS.

CONAN > LENO

The end.

Real talk, I hardly watch late night talk shows, but this beef with Jay Leno are full of lulz.

Leno, "so Jimmy have you ever ordered anything off the TV?"

Kimmel, "Oh, like how NBC ordered your show off the TV?"

Cold Bloooooded
roll.gif

Hopefully everything works out for Conan because him and his staff are getting $%@+*# over.

Kimmel ethered Leno.

Leno's ratings are crap so hes taking Lenos spot?! Hes not funny, even Fallons "awkward to watch" show is funnier.

I just found out that Conan is being honored this Sunday at the SF Sketchfest....he's being interviewed, and even Andy is going to be there.... I NEED toget a tix for this event....$@@$ is going to be wild in lieu of this whole situation

Anyone think that Jimmy interview was done purposely in order to punish Leno? Like NBC made a secret deal like " Fine you can have whatever you want butfirst you gotta get the life roasted out of you on your own show"

The questions were almost too perfect......... very easy to place someone on the roasting podium

Jimmy Killed it, dude has that rough funny

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Anyone think that Jimmy interview was done purposely in order to punish Leno? Like NBC made a secret deal like " Fine you can have whatever you want but first you gotta get the life roasted out of you on your own show"

The questions were almost too perfect......... very easy to place someone on the roasting podium

Jimmy Killed it, dude has that rough funny
I don't think it was planned at all. Leno and the crowd in his studio didn't even know if they should laugh at the stuff Jimmy was saying. Leno and Kimmel are friendly with one another, but they are not friends. Without saying outright, Kimmel is on the side of Conan as is the rest of the latenight comics.

[h1]NBC Exec Calls Conan "Chicken-Hearted" and an "Astounding Failure"[/h1]
Top NBC executive #%%@ Ebersol blamed the network's late-night troubles on Conan O'Brien and called The Tonight Show host an "astounding failure," according to The New York Times.

Ebersol, the chairman of NBC Sports and one of the key executives involved in creating Saturday Night Live, accused O'Brien of not adjusting his style to appeal to broader audience when he took the reins of The Tonight Show in June.

Ebersol - who the paper says has long been involved in late-night decisions at NBC - said he met with O'Brien three weeks before O'Brien's move to 11:35 about how to expand his audience. O'Brien's camp confirmed Ebersol and O'Brien's meeting to the Times but did not say what was discussed.

Leno to Conan: "You're welcome"; monologue war continues

"I like Conan enormously personally," Ebersol told the newspaper. "He was just stubborn about not being willing to broaden the appeal of his show."

Ebersol also told the Times that O'Brien and others unfairly placed the blame on the new Tonight Show's poor performance in the ratings on The Jay Leno Show's poor showings at 10/9c. Specifically, he said Leno had smaller lead-in audiences than Letterman on CBS, yet Leno beat his Late Show competition at 11:35.

Ebersol, long known as one of the network's most aggressive negotiators, also famously clashed with several writers and cast members of Saturday Night Live in the early 1980s.

Conan still taping Tonight Show "until somebody tells him not to"

Ebersol also criticized O'Brien, as well as Late Show host David Letterman, for both hosts' remarks these week against Jay Leno and NBC. It's "chicken-hearted and gutless to blame a guy you couldn't beat in the ratings," Ebersol told the Times. "They're just striking out at Jay. It seems like professional jealousy."

Ebersol mentioned NBC Universal chief executive Jeff Zucker, who's widely believed to have played a key role in signing The Tonight Show over to O'Brien in 2009 as well as the attempt to push O'Brien back a half-hour to restore Leno to his old 11:35 time slot.

"Jeff and I are big boys," Ebersol said, referring to Zucker. "When we do something big in the public forum and it doesn't succeed, we know we'll be the butt of criticism."

Ebersol needs to stick to sports because blaming Conan is "chicken-hearted" when its obvious that NBC executives are the ones that areincompetent. Conan had bad ratings because NBC had Jay at 10 which bombed. NBC has no hit shows and only Football is saving the network.

Back
Top Bottom