Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

lmao dudes hating on jay need to get a life.dude made his $$$ and stayed number 1...i like conan better but dudes need to stop acting like he aint winning

Originally Posted by EdWord

lmao dudes hating on jay need to get a life.dude made his $$$ and stayed number 1...i like conan better but dudes need to stop acting like he aint winning
the hell does that have to do with anything?
If I don't like how Leno handled the situation, the amount of $ he makes and whether or not he wins is irrelevant..

its all about integrity, Jay showed none. Conan proved to have too much by comprimising his show

http://www.youtube.com/v/hUnTVsYRteI?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/hUnTVsYRteI?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I understand Conan really wanted to stick it to NBC with these outrageously priced skits, but did anyone care to think that maybe they should have donated this money?

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

I understand Conan really wanted to stick it to NBC with these outrageously priced skits, but did anyone care to think that maybe they should have donated this money?

he said it was fake, they really didnt spend all that money

Originally Posted by starscream211

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

he said it was fake, they really didnt spend all that money
thanks for clearing that up.

I watched his interview with Oprah today and its unbelievable that he's putting this all on NBC. Oprah called him out on taking cheap shots at Letterman's scandal and he said he only did one joke about which was clearly a lie.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

I watched his interview with Oprah today and its unbelievable that he's putting this all on NBC. Oprah called him out on taking cheap shots at Letterman's scandal and he said he only did one joke about which was clearly a lie.
was watching that too, Oprah was slick with it, even though she said she took his side, those hard hitting questions def sounded straight from her

and yea the whole interview I was smh, dude is a snake

Jay didn't look good in the interview at all, but I don't expect the guy to be excited and over the top happy either.

He knows he's the bad guy in all of this so he's going to have to just weather the storm and hope he gets the ratings when he returns to The Tonight Show.

In a month's time when he takes The Tonight Show back a lot of people will forget and have moved on to something else to focus on.

so many things wrong with this guy
oprah: "how about the jimmy kimmel situation did it hurt you"
jay: "honestly come one now I own the show I could have easily edited it out if I wanted but I didnt"

REALLY JAY? REALLY???
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
edit it out and replace it with another bombing sketch? and edit out the 4 times you mention jimmy kimmel during the monologue???? he kept pushing "If I dont work then my 150 staff dont work, I do it for them" WHAT ABOUT CONANS PEOPLE YOU NIMBWIT, his people had 5 full years before knowing they were going to be terminated, I think thats enough time, smh @ conans people moving across the country and their job coming to an abrupt end

Hearing Jay answers made my angry, knowing damn well he was lying majority of the times. I like how he hasn't even called Conan or even talked to him once about this whole situation, that right there just shows he's only looking for himself. And the part where he said he didn't realize he was putting people out of a job until his first show started, SouthLAnd, was complete BS. One of my favorite questions Oprah asked was when she said why couldn't just said ok I'm done with the tonight show and just leave for Conan, Jay said something like I could've done that but I didn't. I also hated how he soley blamed Conan ratings as "destructing" the tonight show, I wish Orpah would've touched on the timespan Leno had to build an audience vs the time Conan had

Oh man, anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel's monologue tonight. He went in on Leno about the 10 @ 10 segment he did a few weeks back and his interview with Oprah
laugh.gif
. I know Howard Stern is loving this since he's good friends with Kimmel.

Jay has always wanted to do the Tonight Show and you can't fault him for that.

If I remember correctly, when NBC announced that Conan would take over the Tonight Show in 2004, Leno wasn't too convinced. NBC wanted to guarantee Conan a promotion so that he wouldn't leave if a better offer came along. Jay is an older guy and NBC probably thought he would be retiring within the next five years or whatever time span they gave. Five years is a long time to be doing a nightly show, and back then, some NBC exec probably thought that Jay was in his golden age already. Jay agreed to this, but I remember thinking that it wasn't on his terms.

When the time came last summer, Jay wasn't ready to retire, and his ratings showed that he was worth keeping around. NBC loves Jay, so they jumped through hoops to develop this new show at 10. When that fails, instead of canceling it like they would any other faltering new show, they jump through hoops again to keep Jay around because they love him so much. That involves Conan getting shoved around at Jay's expense.

This whole thing stems from Jay still enjoying his work on TV rather than wanting to retire. NBC screwed up when they guaranteed Conan this promotion within a set number of years. They underestimated how long Jay would be going. And instead of letting him go when the agreed time came, they catered to him (over Conan) when he expressed his desire to continue doing television.

They can say that they wanted to keep Jay around so that he wouldn't bolt to a competing network. But if they had handled this properly, they wouldn't have to be dealing with this conflict anyway. Now they'll probably be competing with Conan, who will be doing this longer than Jay if only because of age. What'll they do when he really wants to retire?

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Jay has always wanted to do the Tonight Show and you can't fault him for that.

If I remember correctly, when NBC announced that Conan would take over the Tonight Show in 2004, Leno wasn't too convinced. NBC wanted to guarantee Conan a promotion so that he wouldn't leave if a better offer came along. Jay is an older guy and NBC probably thought he would be retiring within the next five years or whatever time span they gave. Five years is a long time to be doing a nightly show, and back then, some NBC exec probably thought that Jay was in his golden age already. Jay agreed to this, but I remember thinking that it wasn't on his terms.

When the time came last summer, Jay wasn't ready to retire, and his ratings showed that he was worth keeping around. NBC loves Jay, so they jumped through hoops to develop this new show at 10. When that fails, instead of canceling it like they would any other faltering new show, they jump through hoops again to keep Jay around because they love him so much. That involves Conan getting shoved around at Jay's expense.

This whole thing stems from Jay still enjoying his work on TV rather than wanting to retire. NBC screwed up when they guaranteed Conan this promotion within a set number of years. They underestimated how long Jay would be going. And instead of letting him go when the agreed time came, they catered to him (over Conan) when he expressed his desire to continue doing television.

They can say that they wanted to keep Jay around so that he wouldn't bolt to a competing network. But if they had handled this properly, they wouldn't have to be dealing with this conflict anyway. Now they'll probably be competing with Conan, who will be doing this longer than Jay if only because of age. What'll they do when he really wants to retire?
Its not all on NBC, if Leno was a real man he would of just said what he really felt, which was he didn't want to leave The Tonight Show.  With Leno lying he basically screwed Conan out of lucrative deals back then, all this mess wouldn't have occurred if Leno just spoke his mind from the beginning.  Now its bad for him because hes looking like a two faced, backstabbing person.

Also I hate how in the interview he was talking about it all comes down to numbers, when asked about how he felt about "stealing" the show from Conan, wasn't the initial plan to just push Conan back to 12:05.  So all this coming down on Conan ratings is BS, it just has to do with Leno being at that 11:35 time slot.

Originally Posted by King Beef

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i think you need to listen to the howard stern talkshow a few pages back.

lead ins are everything, EVERYTHING!

Howard Stern went in, not holding back on Leno nor Conan.

I'm also in the same boat as Stern in terms of flying, people say flying is the safest way to travel but thats only because of minimum planes in the skies. F that, I'm good
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom