Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Conan and the old time baseball may be the best segment of all-time.

When he went apple picking with Mr. T

Any visit to Martha Stewart's house

When he would hang out with the producer who he hated and was so bizarre and creepy.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

A couple of my favorites.
I noticed how he used Coco in 2/3 of the videos (although different spelling and context), still some foreshadowing.

ye old baseball > all clips

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by eeibaby

A couple of my favorites.
I noticed how he used Coco in 2/3 of the videos (although different spelling and context), still some foreshadowing.

ye old baseball > all clips
That sketch was
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

was lucky enough to get to see the taping today. i gotta admit i was gettin a bit teary eyed when he was giving his speech.

in my opinion the funniest late night talk show host ever hopefully he returns as soon as all this clears up.

Great ending for Conan. Even though it was just for seven months, he got his dream job and ended it with class. Leno should take a few pointers from Conan, that when you're speaking to your fans, speak from the heart and not read from a teleprompter.

dvdjamm5150 wrote:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Backstabbers-1.jpg.jpeg src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4IqAMwAGn...AQ3M/uKA6WegBTas/s400/Backstabbers-1.jpg.jpeg">

https://www.ifmusic.co.uk...product_images/ojays.jpg src="https://www.ifmusic.co.uk/images/product_images/ojays.jpg">

I think people don't realize that NBC wouldn't let Jay Leno go to another network. Conan struggled out of thegates vs. Letterman,soJaywasput into primetime to try to get that old Jay-then-Conan feeling back.

People can look atTODAY and today only, if it's convenient. But it was a %!*%@-move by NBC 5 years ago that brought all of this about. Conan had every right to request the contract stipulation, but NBC also had every reason to reject it. If Conan ended up walking, then so be it. Jay was #1for a good reason and should have been shown more respect by NBC.

So as I've read it: Jay never faded. Conan never stepped up his game.NBCdidn't havethe best line upto lead-in to the "new" Tonight Show.NBC asks Jay (who they wouldn't allow to work elsewhere) if he could try primetime.Ratings get worse. Letterman is sitting pretty. Conan is in the fire. Leno is clearing his throat. What should have happened 5 years ago, finally comes to fruition. Hopefully Conan can find his market at Fox(the only network likely to allow him the freedom to succeed in"prime late night") in a year or so and be the new player in the late night war.

greatest ending/sendoff in late night history. That was great TV right there. Sad to see him go but he will do it big on FOX or wherever he goes.

Steve Carell= Genius

I think people don't realize that NBC wouldn't let Jay�Leno go to another network. Conan struggled out of the�gates vs. Letterman,�so�Jay�was�put into primetime to try to get that old Jay-then-Conan feeling back.

People can look at�TODAY and today only, if it's convenient. But it was a %!*%@-move by NBC 5 years ago that brought all of this about. Conan had every right to request the contract stipulation, but NBC also had every reason to reject it. If Conan ended up walking, then so be it. Jay was #1�for a good reason and should have been shown more respect by NBC.

�So as I've read it: Jay never faded. Conan never stepped up his game.�NBC�didn't have�the best line up�to lead-in to the "new" Tonight Show.�NBC asks Jay (who they wouldn't allow to work elsewhere) if he could try primetime.�Ratings get worse. Letterman is sitting pretty. Conan is in the fire. Leno is clearing his throat. What should have happened 5 years ago, finally comes to fruition. Hopefully Conan can find his market at Fox��(the only network likely to allow him the freedom to succeed in�"prime late night") in a year or so and be the new player in the late night war.
��

Letterman had a great line the other day where he said,  "It's never Leno's fault yet he's always at the scene of the crime."  Leno wants to live up to this persona that he's a nice guy and he does all his business  with no agent, but the fact he was willing to take to do a 30 minute show at 11:30 just proves that he doesn't give a crap about the tonight show and what Johnny Carson did to build that show to what it is today.  In my opinion, Conan shouldn't had been in the position he was in if Leno had any respect, not only for Conan, but for the Tonight Show.

Conan's Last Show Spends $500,000 On Tom Hanks' Beatles Walk-Out Song

Tom Hanks was a final guest on Conan's last "Tonight Show," and if one trusty tweet is to be believed, Conan blew $500,000 on Hanks' walk-out song.

When Hanks entered from behind a curtain to go to his seat, the band played The Beatles "Lovely Rita," which costs NBC half a million dollars.

Questlove, who is the drummer for The Roots on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," almost instantly tweeted,
yo i hate spoiling but i will have you know that walk on song we just heard was half a milli. i know cause i got the list rate at nbc

and
tom's walkon music on conan is on my "restricted" list---wow a $500,000 walkon song lol.

The song was in honor of Hanks' wife Rita Wilson.

Earlier this final week Conan played the very pricey "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones when Adam Sandler was on.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Jay was #1�for a good reason and should have been shown more respect by NBC.

Are you mental? Jay should have been shown more respect?
eyes.gif

I'm from Finland and Conan in Finland was so funny. When he arrived at the airport there were a lot people and they treated him like a rockstar. And man i laughed when he rubbed his nipples in front of the airport.

Back
Top Bottom