Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

ridikuloz wrote:
Originally Posted by yancancook90

watching this is ironic & kinda sad too
wow....

Life imitataes art.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

whats fallon doing? and to the guy who was complaining about conan spending NBC money should be laughing at himself

Is that to me? I never complained. I implied why, instead, did he not make an enormous donation with NBC card to the foundation. And why laughing? The hell?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That was so brutally sad it was hilarious.

I wish the part where they showed who they caught was in it.

YO!

One thing I've been trying to figure out this whole time is; years ago when Leno made his announcement, was his hand forced or was that truly how he felt at the time. Was he having a Favre-like change of heart towards the end of '08? Because even around this time last year, I thought to myself "why's he getting another show?"

DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

One thing I've been trying to figure out this whole time is; years ago when Leno made his announcement, was his hand forced or was that truly how he felt at the time. Was he having a Favre-like change of heart towards the end of '08? Because even around this time last year, I thought to myself "why's he getting another show?"

DF!!!
Conan contract was up during that time and he was getting offers from other networks.  NBC decided in 2004, and it was stated in his new contract, that he will get the Tonight Show by 2009.  NBC also believed Leno would not be able to sustain the ratings he's had which is why they wanted Conan to take over.  However, Leno continued to get the ratings and he decided to sign a two year contract for his prime time 10 o'clock show to stick on NBC.  Leno, mentioned several times when Conan took over the Tonight Show, that he WILL come back and host the Tonight Show if NBC asked him to.  This was before all the drama occurred which is why many believed he forced Conan into a situation that he couldn't win.

This may sound weird but I really wish Dave Chappelle would've stopped by, they seem to have similar spirits about their work and always have had great chemistry together.

YO! ^ Ahhhhh ok. Now that makes more sense. When this drama started, it seemed so far fetched that I didn't even pay it much attention... until maybe the end of last week. I never disliked Leno but it's hard for him not to look like the bad guy here. I do agree with whoever else said they believe Conan would come back to the Tonight Show. Given the right set of circumstances, I think he'd welcome the return.
Originally Posted by Falcon4567

This may sound weird but I really wish Dave Chappelle would've stopped by, they seem to have similar spirits about their work and always have had great chemistry together.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! Not only do their spirits seem similar, but given the fact that it was ultimately Conan's decision to leave rather than move the Tonight Show to the 12:05 time slot - he and Chappelle kinda share that as well. Plus, it just seemed like it would've been fitting.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ Ahhhhh ok. Now that makes more sense. When this drama started, it seemed so far fetched that I didn't even pay it much attention... until maybe the end of last week. I never disliked Leno but it's hard for him not to look like the bad guy here. I do agree with whoever else said they believe Conan would come back to the Tonight Show. Given the right set of circumstances, I think he'd welcome the return.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! Not only do their spirits seem similar, but given the fact that it was ultimately Conan's decision to leave rather than move the Tonight Show to the 12:05 time slot - he and Chappelle kinda share that as well. Plus, it just seemed like it would've been fitting.

DF!!!

Totally agree on the Chappelle part, I think he's done an interview with Conan like 22 times.� Theres a couple old ones on youtube at the moment.

Also check this vid out, Stern predicts that Leno won't leave the tonight show, this was in 2006

It was a bittersweet finale. I honestly wish they did one more "In the year 3000..." skit. Those were classic.

laugh.gif
is Dave Chappelle even alive? I havent heard of the dude since he was on Oprah that one time

Back
Top Bottom