Confessions of a "state your profession here"

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Well, at UPS, you can put "fragile" on the outside of your package all you want. We're chucking those @+$$$ around like rag dolls regardless.

Where I work we know UPS to be the worst handlers smh.

put in work for 8years
devil.gif

My first Job was at Mcdonalds....smh...It was bad....Thats all imma say
laugh.gif

...I just worked there for a lil' pocket change and the females were
pimp.gif

this is what keeps me away from fastfood...with the exception of panera bread...(knocks on wood that no workers from there enter this thread)

laugh.gif
@ some of these stories.. im never trusting anyone under 25 at any business

i guess the main thing to learn from these posts is that being nice will get you a lot farther than being a $*$#.

Originally Posted by jeyel

laugh.gif

i guess the main thing to learn from these posts is that being nice will get you a lot farther than being a $*$#.

Busboy at a 5 star restaurant in NYC: People would think I didnt know english and try to be ignorant and treat me like @**#
One time some old guy got me mad that I spit in his burger, and then put mayo and lettuce to cover it up

Deli: The "fresh" salad bar that you get your food from has been there for 2 days already

Gas station: Everytime they would tell us to raise the price, we would lower it for a couple of minutes because it was "accidental" and fill up ourtanks

thats about it

Originally Posted by jeyel

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
QFT

Originally Posted by daffy 016

Gas station: Everytime they would tell us to raise the price, we would lower it for a couple of minutes because it was "accidental" and fill up our tanks
Rofl, pro.

I work at a movie theater.

The prices are in concession are set so high because thats where they get their money. We only get a small percentage of ticket sales.

People are always talkin @!$# like "if they lowered the concessions prices, more people would come and they would recoup their losses." Do you reallythink the corporate heads aint thought of that? The prices will never go down, and people will still buy anyway, so who cares.

Ive never seen anything super disgusting done like people in this thread, but I wouldnt doubt it happening.

Do not buy the hot dogs. Most likely, they aint fresh. And if you ask, they for sure aint gonna say, "naah man, these is eight hours old." Of coursetheyre gonna tell you theyre fresh cause most people dont care enough to go back and say somethin. And to the people that do, theyll probably just give youanother one from the same batch that looks fresher. Same goes for pretzels.

At my theater, we never recycle popcorn. LOL, thats forbidden where I work.

The pickles come in big buckets, and they then transfer forty or so to a smaller jar to keep out in the concession stand. Theyre usually kept next to the sinkand Ive seen people reach over to the soap dispenser and drop some in. And they keep the jar out the whole day, so youre gettin warm pickles.

Lost something? Too bad. The only way you would get it back is if it wasnt worth anything.

I hate movies that are rated R, cause you always get kids tryin to sneak in. If youre underage/dont have ID, and you somehow get a ticket, just be cool to thedude rippin tickets. Most likely, they wont care enough to regulate, and theyll let you through. Kids comin in actin hard are the FIRST to be denied.

I try not to think about this kinda stuff when I go out to eat, cause stuff like this happens EVERYWHERE, so you cant really avoid it.

your car WILL get hit with carts occasionally in the Home Depot parking lot.
UPS package handlers don't give a $%#%, throwing packages, using them as step stools. lol

Originally Posted by reeeem0

use to herbal supplement

use to cop mids and keep in plastic containers with 3 pieces of lettuce or orange peels to add weight to it,,and have that citrus funk to it...break it down and resell it thinking you got some orange/lemon/lime "enter strain here" and charge more..that moisture would add .2-.7 on each gram..like 1g before = 1.7g after = charged as a dub...a zone costed me a bucc...but for you...you do the math

that was like 6 years ago in school...before i grew up and moved on to a REAL job
[Weez] oooooh I'm on it..I'm so on it! [Weezy]

Man I did telemarking for discover card by way of AGI corp... and __s was getting it in grimesauce.
smh.gif
. I mean, they set our quota to like .8 SPH (Sales per hour) but they set our bonus at like 3.5 SPH, which is ridiculous. You had to scam just to reach quota because that's damnnear a sale an hour and don't NOBODY want a discover card. But I heard __s making promises like "Yeah, and you get a free TV too!" trying to makebonus money. OR they would just ramble off the script in a way that it sounds like a convenient message instead of "SIGN HERE!". I won't go intodetail cuz I made bonus ONCE just to do it and I was GRIME-EY with it. I made 90 sales that week. That same week, Pat made 300. See what I mean. That's300+ suckers locked into a credit card contract unwillingly. And Discover supports this hustle by pretending that they really believe we go by the scripts theywrite for us.knowing DAMN WELL we be fronting when they're in the building. Our coaches would say,"The client's here. Go scripted." andwe'd make next to no sales that day. The next day? "Go get em!!!!!" and we'd RAPE old ladies or whoever for our numbers.

Mcdonald's back when I was 16, some lady was acting rude. My finger went through her sandwich lol...

One day I go in the back to fix my own sandwich, then the cook says naw and opens up a new pack of cheese for my burger. There was flies landing on the cheesefor customers food.
roll.gif

First Virginia Bank if the person complained was in the drive thru and wanted a lolipop for their kids, I broke it in half
laugh.gif

Sports Authority

If you are obviously being rude, or with your friends messing up stuff that we are going to have to clean later, don't expect us to help you when you needsomething. We'll walk straight past you, it happens everyday.

I hate when you ask customers "Do you need any help with anything?" And they look at you with an attitude and say "No, I don't need yourhelp" and then 2 minutes later ask you if you have a size 10. I don't have the patience with people and say that we don't have it.

Also, when it's closing time, that means we're CLOSED! Don't take up 20 minutes after closing time because you just go into the store 5 minsbefore. A couple weeks ago I told some customers that you have to go, and they were like "But we're still shopping". I just said " But youneed to go".

Belk Dept Store

• As long as you made sales, you could be late every single day and be an a&*hole and still get a raise
• Most people did not like to help people who couldn't speak English well... I remember one dude tell someone he could not sell Chaps in the Nauticasection
tired.gif

• I used to go try on all my stuff on the clock in the back
• I used to hide my stuff until the big discounts.. (Lacoste and Polo shirts for $10 %!%+@)
• Some ill stuff went on between co workers in the Dressing rooms sometimes
devil.gif

• Some people got the VIP treatment, others got the run around

Target

• I was in the Food part when the manager came up and said I had to clean the women's bathroom in which some soul had painted the side of the wall
sick.gif
.. Mind you, I'm working in the FOOD section.. I declined and gotthreatened with a write up
• My dude keyed a customer's car because he almost got hit while pushing carts
• The security dudes aren't watching people steal... They probably watching your girl bend over.. Probably zooming in...

Burger King:

*Don't eat there
laugh.gif

*I washed my hands, nobody else did though.
*While on drive thru all they care about is getting your meal to you fast, accuracy and freshness is their last priority.
*We would have people come in at like 4 in the afternoon asking for breakfast, I soon learned we would microwave 8 hour old sandwiches and give it to them.
*I have never had a more difficult job, the funniest thing to me is how furious people would get when we were slow, or got an order wrong, it's Burger kingwhat you expect?

McDonalds:

all this was done towards the end when the cool manager would close

-spit in food
-scratched my balls and made sandwiches with bare hands (manager wasn't around)
-hawked maddddd loogies in the cooking oil RIGHT before dropping chicken nuggets
-pissed in the freezer on top of the stock
-downstairs where they kept the frozen cookies, i used to lick em.
-when on register the change customers would receive was fake money (i was cool wit the manager)
-i used to mop the floor with dirty %#+ water then whipe the buns on the floor while it was still wet

can't think of anything else

-spit in food
-scratched my balls and made sandwiches with bare hands (manager wasn't around)
-hawked maddddd loogies in the cooking oil RIGHT before dropping chicken nuggets
-pissed in the freezer on top of the stock
-downstairs where they kept the frozen cookies, i used to lick em.
-when on register the change customers would receive was fake money (i was cool wit the manager)
-i used to mop the floor with dirty %#+ water then whipe the buns on the floor while it was still wet
I dont' or atleast can't believe that, thats od and I worked Fast food for a while.

Dominos Pizza:

Don't eat it.

- Something fell on the floor it would still be sold
- Left over pizza from a mest up order or cancellation or w/e would be sold even after 8 hrs. My manager put half a cup of butter on it and throws it in theoven. The new sandwiches were no exception.
-Literally sold trash to customers. Threw a pizza in the trash can and 2 seconds later it came up on the screen dude picked it up and sold it.
sick.gif

-Smoking trees in the basement
-Saturday nights after closing we use to play c-lo up till 4 in the morning, dudes be putting their entire pay check on a game of dice.
laugh.gif

-If you made a stupid order or was an #%+ to the guys taking orders we'ed mess your pizza up on purpose (No crazy stuff, like spitting we would just putwrong toppings on it.) go ahead and call back i'd give ya credit and then youd never get

Back
Top Bottom