Converse Aero Jam... Will we ever get RETRO?

I'll take em. This is as close as we'll ever get even with the slight changes unfortunately. I've been looking for an 11.5 for years and no luck so it's better than nothing I guess.

They didnt even need to offer him ****. That 2 is not trademarked its just a number.

Nike is STUPID for removing it. Oh well maybe next time they retro these they will learn to leave **** alone

That I know. Look at Swizz Beatz asking Shaq to come back to RBK and promote the Shaq RBK sneakers. That's what I meant. When they dropped in 2004, LJ came back and promoted the Aero Jam.

Last edited:
I feel like RBK would of handled this better. I'm still copping though. Instead of the Orange pair, they should of made a UNLV Colorway.

I feel like RBK would of handled this better. I'm still copping though. Instead of the Orange pair, they should of made a UNLV Colorway.

Reebok aint handle nothing. Pulled kemp name off the kamikaze 2 but charge 15 bucks more for the kamikaze 1 that has no kemp name on the shoe? That bassackwards thinking

These shoe companies aint no different. Unless you stop buying butchered bersions they will keep on serving them up.

I bet if nobody bought the aero jam this time they will think twice about removing **** next time.

But you know that wont happen as u can see in this thread dides love their pb&j sandwiches without the peanut butter :lol:

Yada yada. The Number on the shoe would have been good but. ...the REACT JUICE is what made the shoe. If they couldn't use the OG tech then they could of used something that resembled it. As far as the endorsing of the shoe by the player. Who knows if LJ turned it down or asked for more money than what Nike wanted to give. What has LJ been doing since retirement anyway? Need money like Kemp?

Last edited:
What do you mean yada yada? Are you ******g 12? Whos shoe is that? What number did he wear? Whats the ******g point in releasing a SIGNATURE shoe if you completely remove any characteristic that made it a sognature shoe?

Do you think people went around and said oh you have the aero jam? No. This shoe was made by larry johnson aka grandmama.

Just admit you have no rememberance or nostagia about the shoe.

Just like when the adidas mutombo want going to have the 55 on it. Nobody wanted it. Adidas was smart to put that 55 on.

You can think its just a number but that number identified that signature shoe.

That is unless you were too young to care about the player and his jersey number.

Honestly that **** looks plain and ******ed without the 2.

React juice was pure **** anyways. Just a gimmick that hardened and looked like dried up jizz over time.

Nike air was like the only gimmick that sctually worked. React juice, catapult, ers, etc all sucked and were useless gimmicks.

Lol @ you thinking the react juice identified this shoe moreso than larry johnson aka grandmama

No 2 is definitely disappointing. I could live with that though. The thing killing me is that horrible yellowing. The OG was more of a subtle dark clear and blended in rather than sticking out. Such a shame, Cons best shoe by far.

Charlotte Hornets...the only NBA team I was ever a fan of. Muggsy Bogues, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning...oh man.

Might have to pick up the peacock blues. I don't like how they're handling the release...but it's still tempting.

edit: If they make them in a 14...(looking at you, Adidas Mutombo
mean.gif
)

Last edited:
Yada Yada = blah blah. NK lighten up and take the stick out your ****. Man I'm 30 and SURELY remember the cross dressing Larry Johnson commercials. Yes, Grandma Ma was a big part of the advertisment but the React Juice was highligted in the ads. It was "Grandma Ma's shoes have React Juice", which gives her the ability to move fast and dunk. Regardless of whether the juice worked or not. It WAS Converse's selling point for their Basketball shoes at the time. I could be talking out my **** but That's what I remembered as a kid when I went to Footlocker. I would look for LJ's or KJ's shoes to look at the juice in the heel. Anyways....LJ's number wasn't referenced in the ads. So young folks wouldn't know unless they looked it up.

Reactions: OTG
I'm with the homie Kane on this one, the 2 made the shoe to me. They look butt naked without it and generic if you ask me.

The two is really not that serious :lol:

Some of you dudes go into all of these product threads just to hate on it. Like real spit. Then babble about how it use to be and why the world is such a bad place b/c sneaker companies don't always give u exactly what YOU want. And when they do you still find something to complain about.

For me, not being able to even find a pair in decent enough shape to wear and now having it retro is great for me. No #2... Cool, hopefully converse comes through with the nice materials that they use on a lot of their other products and the shoe is actually comfortable and doesn't feel like bricks. If they do that then cool, I'm happy and hope they start retroing more goods.

To say the number 2 or the commercials made the shoe, nah playa not for me :lol: I actually like the design and aesthetics of the shoe

And another tid bit, legally idk what the situation is w/ retired players endorsing their older kicks. I'm not in those marketing meetings so I'm not gonna slam a company for having to work around stuff like that. For all I know LJ could still tied up in Fila paper work

Last edited:
Lol Larry Johnson definitely isn't tied up in any FILA paper work. Converse did NOT sign Larry to a contract the first time these retro'd contrary to a previous post in this thread that's why the grandmama ads for the retro and the keychains on the shoe were shadows not Larry's actual face, it honestly makes no sense as to why they took the number 2 off the shoe. But it's not just the number two they left off other small design aspects the original and the retro featured making the shoe look much more bland. This isn't rocket science, you take the original shoe and you replicate it. Sure, it's not the worst retro ever but it could and SHOULD have been much better.

Lol Larry Johnson definitely isn't tied up in any FILA paper work. Converse did NOT sign Larry to a contract the first time these retro'd contrary to a previous post in this thread that's why the grandmama ads for the retro and the keychains on the shoe were shadows not Larry's actual face, it honestly makes no sense as to why they took the number 2 off the shoe. But it's not just the number two they left off other small design aspects the original and the retro featured making the shoe look much more bland. This isn't rocket science, you take the original shoe and you replicate it. Sure, it's not the worst retro ever but it could and SHOULD have been much better.

You were saying that the color is off and not as vibrant. That side panel has no metal mesh on it. I seen somewhere that Converse is releasing these as a LIFESTYLE shoe. Which they've made it lighter, which in turn loses most of it's OG tech

Yada Yada = blah blah. NK lighten up and take the stick out your ****. Man I'm 30 and SURELY remember the cross dressing Larry Johnson commercials. Yes, Grandma Ma was a big part of the advertisment but the React Juice was highligted in the ads. It was "Grandma Ma's shoes have React Juice", which gives her the ability to move fast and dunk. Regardless of whether the juice worked or not. It WAS Converse's selling point for their Basketball shoes at the time. I could be talking out my **** but That's what I remembered as a kid when I went to Footlocker. I would look for LJ's or KJ's shoes to look at the juice in the heel. Anyways....LJ's number wasn't referenced in the ads. So young folks wouldn't know unless they looked it up.

ill take the stick out if you take the foot out of yours

The two is really not that serious :lol:

Some of you dudes go into all of these product threads and give opinions and criticism and because we do not like people who do not like the same stuff as we do we cry and ***** about it like we got so offended over something as simple as shoes

fixed for you

most of the time we are right.

listen if you want to like the shoe people have the right to dislike it.

the more you settle for **** the more these shoe companies will serve you ****.

there is no legit reason to alter that shoe.

now there are just another generic converse shoe...

we are doing better to complain about it in this forum than to accept bull ****

i am sorry if we have ruined your day because we do not agree with you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom